4 foreigners looking for a home!

4 foreigners looking for a home!

Postby TomTom » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:35 am

Hello my present and future friends.
I'm at work so I'll be fast. I'll be more verbose during the weekend.
We are 4 Italian guys, 3 '09 burners and one virgin, coming to the Playa from (presumably) San Fran on Monday, staying till the end.
Last year we rented a RV. This time we want to get the full package, tent on the shoulders, joining a camp.
Does anyone need 8 helpfull hands?

BTW, no need to mention it, maybe, but we're easy going, drama free and all you've ever wanted by a fellow burner!
TomTom

Postby TomTom » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:04 am

Looking for home, without the "a", isn't it?
TomTom

Postby AntiM » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:54 am

TomTom wrote:Looking for home, without the "a", isn't it?

With the "a" is more correct, as you need a specific place to call home while on the playa. Looking for home is broader, as in you're wondering of Burning Man will be your home. I think. I confuse myself easily.

Don't mind me, I used to teach ESL and old habits die hard.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Dang. It's really horrible when you know your camp/village is pretty much all filled up and Italians start asking for room. And maybe BB Sue speaks some italian. (Mine begins and ends with Prego!)

Oh well. I'll just do something weird and obsessive.

If you like and you remember placed theme camps from last year, you can look them up on the main site, use the contact info and see if you can make something happen. Or go with Doc and the Barbie Death Camp. YOu can be the Euro-wine experts. You can each bring in 2 bottles. Maybe you can make that count.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby TomServo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:34 pm

Can you get along with a Sicilian? Not sicilian born, but close enough, as far as I'm concerned.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby TomTom » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:28 am

Grazie Crypto! (you can use your "prego" here!)

I'll try to find out if some of our last year daily stops need some help. The fact is that we'd really like to stay all togheter, because even if the Playa is the best play to stay alone without being alone at all, living the BM experience with your best friends is the top. And finding 4 spots in the same camp isn't that easy, I imagine. Anyway I'll give a shot. A couple of "no, sorry, we're almost set" won't break our enthusiasm!

Tom (nice name btw ;) ), we get along with everyone, as long as he has the even remote will to be a nice person. Sicilians I know are friendly as few people you can meet in Milan, so np at all!
TomTom

Postby TomServo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:58 pm

TomTom wrote:Grazie Crypto! (you can use your "prego" here!)

I'll try to find out if some of our last year daily stops need some help. The fact is that we'd really like to stay all togheter, because even if the Playa is the best play to stay alone without being alone at all, living the BM experience with your best friends is the top. And finding 4 spots in the same camp isn't that easy, I imagine. Anyway I'll give a shot. A couple of "no, sorry, we're almost set" won't break our enthusiasm!

Tom (nice name btw ;) ), we get along with everyone, as long as he has the even remote will to be a nice person. Sicilians I know are friendly as few people you can meet in Milan, so np at all!

BloodBath&Beyond is looking for campers or neighbors. Like bloody marys? I'm a friendly people. Just don't read some of my older posts. My grandfather was from Lentini, and a very nice man. The most generous person I've ever known.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Beave » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:31 am

We have some space if your interested.
Large well resourced camp of International burners old and new..
Sure you will find some Italians to play with.. lots of Nowhere vets :0)

Have a look at our project MEGATROPOLIS and support camp MINITROPOLIS and gmail me if you are interested.
Space going very quickly :0)

gmail: minitropolis@gmail.com

www.megatropolisproject.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_fq7G_a_s
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 4622158809

camp mates

Postby zifra » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:24 am

This year I will be creating the Lazy Lizard Lemonade Lounge. We will serve lemonade with and without vodka in the afternoons to any lazy lizards that want to rest in our huge shade canopy, lying on rugs and pillows. I am seeking up to 15 campmates.

Campmates must be open minded, drama free and friendly folk, who will enjoy interacting with your fellow campmates and any lizards who drop by. We will hold 3-4 events during the week, a scavenger hunt, some kind of crazy art class (depends on what I find) and a couple of other yet to be determined. Campmates are asked to be there for all events and to agree to staff the camp and welcome guests one full day of the week, to be scheduled before the event.

You will either contribute funds or food to the general kitchen, and provide your own sleeping space and water. Cooking and cleaning is shared. Communal bathing area will be set up. We would ask that, as you can afford it you also bring pillows (blow up is fine), lemons, vodka and lizards to decorate the camp.

We have campmates, experienced and not coming from all over the world, and from 19 to 57. All good people are welcome as space permits.

Let me know if you wish to chat further.
Zifra

Cannot wait top get home!

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Return to 2010 Theme Camps