Skilled burner offers to work pre-event, on-playa, for free

Skilled burner offers to work pre-event, on-playa, for free

Postby Wüstling » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:47 am

Hi,

First a little introduction:

I am an experienced burner who loves hands-on work. I feel a bit disconnected from all the happening in the States as I live in Germany now (I used to live for a few years in San Francisco, though).

I have been to BM since 1998, missing only 2006, and also been to the european "burn", Nowhere, four times, participating actively in several positions (strike lord, taxi service, toilets builder, ...)

I've helped designing and building the great Pagoda/Saloon at Nowhere, also been with the German team that brought the green rotating Cone in 07.

The past 2 years I have been on the playa pre-event by working for DPW, starting with Fence day. However, I feel I do not fit in there too well as I like to think when doing my job and am not keen on getting wasted on booze after work. A few beers, yes.

I eventually ended up at the Temple team last year, which was much nicer to work with and for. Something like this I like to find this year again.

In short, I am looking for a theme camp or art installation that could use a smart hand or two and that gets on-playa early. I am technically skilled and am creative in finding simple solutions to difficult tasks.

(An example: In 08, with DPW, we had > 20 people to set up the Medical Tent. It was great chaos, took long, was exhausting and stressful. For 09, I had a few ideas, suggested them to the team lead. We were 6 to7 people setting the tent up much faster and less stressful than ever before)

I am financially savvy and flexible. I do not ask for anything in exchange, I just like to be in the dust early, help creating something amazing. And I have my own camp to stay with during the event.

I have not booked my flight yet, because I want to time it so that I have all the time it needs to be present. I can come early or stay late, whatever fits. As long as it's an upbeat team that enjoys the work, I should fit right in.

Here's some more background about me: http://euroburners.org/wikka/WustlinG
Burner since 98, 8 times AEZ habitant, 2.5 times DPW peon, 0 times gotten laid, still counting. Aka The Colonel (Klink)
Wüstling

Burning Since: 1998

project suggestion

Postby Peacekeeper » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:44 am

yo thomas...

i'll see you at nowhere long before the burn i guess, but if you are looking for a temple size project to get involved in, we're planning a big ass project called MEGATROPOLIS... check it out here:

http://www.megatropolisproject.com

I know that kiwi & otto, the guys in charge of the build, will both be on-playa from fence weekend. In particular, this project needs either skilled or experienced project-builders, so with your combo of dpw/temple background, you may fit right in... think they are looking for a total crew of about 20 people, so there are plenty of slots available for the right people...

PM me if you are interested, or just get straight onto kiwi by PMing MEGATROPOLIS on this board..

see you in the dust -twice!!
Peacekeeper

Hey hey

Postby Paulie_BELL CAMP » Tue May 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Check out Bell-Camp...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile

You might find a group that could use your skills in on the site physics.

Best,

Paultje
Can yooooo dig it!
Paulie_BELL CAMP

Postby Wüstling » Wed May 05, 2010 1:28 am

Thanks for the pointer, Paultje. I'm checking it out right now.
Burner since 98, 8 times AEZ habitant, 2.5 times DPW peon, 0 times gotten laid, still counting. Aka The Colonel (Klink)
Wüstling

Postby Beave » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:28 am

We have some space if your interested.
Large well resourced camp of International burners old and new..
Lots of Nowhere veterans to connect with..

Have a look at our project MEGATROPOLIS and support camp MINITROPOLIS and gmail me if you are interested.
Space going very quickly :0)

gmail: minitropolis@gmail.com

www.megatropolisproject.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_fq7G_a_s
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 4622158809

Postby Wüstling » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:25 am

Thanks for the invitation, Beave, but...
a) I already am a member of Megatropolis (I think),
b) I probably will be camping with a different group during the event.

Good luck on finding enough minitropolis camp members, though - I know we need them ;)

Klink out
Wüstling

pre-event help

Postby veleda » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Hey there!

We have an awesome project called Mystic Metropolis you can check out at our website ..www.sacredspacesvillage.org

we don't' normally do early arrivals for non campmates..but let's talk.. as skilled builders (which I'm not! ) can be really awesome.

We're co-hosting Feed the Artists this year...so we need to get things up and running fairly fast..

How early could you be on playa? We'll have crew arriving the 23rd.
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby Wüstling » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:12 am

Thanks for the invitation, Veleda,
but I'm already with the Megatropolis crew.

BTW, last year I was with Nowhere Omnibus and it looks like it was your camp who fed us "artists". Could that be? You were doing us and other artists a great service, and I'm happy to hear you're doing it this year (again?). That's very generous of you.
Wüstling

Postby veleda » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:27 am

Ya that was us! :)
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Return to 2010 Theme Camps