Anyone Need a Really Handy Henry 2010?

Anyone Need a Really Handy Henry 2010?

Postby British Henry » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:05 am

I am travelling a long way to BM 2010 from Oxford (England) to NY, down to Texas and then across to the Playa.

I am therefore travelling minimal and am thinking of bringing only a white parachute to build my home. (will need to rely on some gifts to make a frame)

I would absolutely LOVE to help out with someone's themed camp. I am the kinda guy who feels funny unless they have a purpose or a job to do.

I am a young (25) active engineer with plenty of mechanical, electronic, sound tech and general survival know-how and generally super duper practical. Your very own British MacGyver! I am especially good in emergencies and have first aid training. (do I need to post my CV!!?)

Really hope someone can make my first Burning Man amazing for me by putting me to good use. I am particularly good at building camps.

Also looking for travel share from Texas Houston after the 24th Aug. :arrow:

This is me: http://en-gb.facebook.com/henry.reilycollins

Hope you like me!?
Best to contact me on henryreilycollins@gmail.com

Henry x
Burning Man - I'm Henry / Hen @ Burning Man - Burning Hen = Roast Chicken!
British Henry

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 am

I am self-contained, but I'd like to point out this great sounding guy to all you ticket-beggars who come on here asking for handouts with your sob stories.
Read what this guy wrote. He wants to genuinely earn his place, and seems willing and capable of doing it.
I've read requests for tickets (which he's not asking anyone to provide) and full camp infrastructure in return for nothing more than the "gift" of enjoying said beggar's presence... or packets of "life seeds". Oh yeah... seeds... that's worth $600 of tickets, and you also get to have a spaced-out loser hippie sponging off you the whole time.
When I had a big theme camp, I really could have used a serious worker to help put it all up and take it all down, wire and assemble things without being baby-sat, etc.
I hope things do fall into place.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:13 am

Henry, We would welcome you at Stag Camp. We are a loosely organized group of about 90 from all over the US and world. We have no camp dues or fees and welcome everybody. Check us out at, http://stagcamp.proboards.com/
We will have several Theme Camp elements that you would be welcome to participate in and I would enjoy having some help at Black Rock City Welding and Repair. If you felt so inclined.
Good luck in your search. You sound like a really good asset to any camp.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby dragonpilot » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:05 pm

Henry...altho you sound like a helpful guy and willing to pitch in where needed, don't rely on others for what you may need...come fully prepared. Although the community is amazingly helpful, everyone, especially old timers, have got their loads down to minimum levels with not many extras to share...with the noted exception of booze!

You may luck out and find what you need, but this venue is one, given the harsh conditions, where I put more store in effective planning than luck. No one's gonna let someone die of exposure, but we don't want someone else's problems to become ours.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Lizardmates

Postby zifra » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:58 pm

The Lazy Lizard Lemonade Lounge is welcoming laid back and creative camp mates from all over.

See my post for more information.

Zifra
Zifra

Cannot wait top get home!

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Postby British Henry » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:22 am

These are wise words señor and I will do as you say and ensure I am equipped for survival + as many gifts as I can squeeze in. I have been reading your "what's in my backpack list"

Thank you.
British Henry

Postby British Henry » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:05 am

I AM SO EXCITED!! (there is no emoticon that is excited enough to put here)

Beginning to understand the language I have been reading. I found out what 'MOOP' is today!
British Henry

Postby LeChatNoir » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:20 am

Hi Henry!!

The one week of the event is, for me, just a part of the whole package. The other 51 weeks of planning, plotting, creating, and finally actually pointing the truck west and driving towards the playa is as much a part of it as actually being there.

Welcome to eplaya and enjoy your planning. Sounds like you have a great trip in the works.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby Elderberry » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:41 am

This is HIGH PRAISE coming from Captain Goddammit!

JK

Captain Goddammit wrote:I am self-contained, but I'd like to point out this great sounding guy to all you ticket-beggars who come on here asking for handouts with your sob stories.
Read what this guy wrote. He wants to genuinely earn his place, and seems willing and capable of doing it.
I've read requests for tickets (which he's not asking anyone to provide) and full camp infrastructure in return for nothing more than the "gift" of enjoying said beggar's presence... or packets of "life seeds". Oh yeah... seeds... that's worth $600 of tickets, and you also get to have a spaced-out loser hippie sponging off you the whole time.
When I had a big theme camp, I really could have used a serious worker to help put it all up and take it all down, wire and assemble things without being baby-sat, etc.
I hope things do fall into place.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:17 pm

If you're helping people set up and stuff, especially your first year, you get off the obligation to gift.

Just syain'
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby gitnauk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:22 pm

hey Henry!

Wow, you do seem wonderful. I'd like to extend an offer to stay at our maze theme camp if you haven't already decided on a place to stay. We have two fellas heading over here from the UK as well, one of which is a veteran maze builder. : )

You can check out a post I just put up today.
http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?t=33397
Let me know what you think if you have any interest and I can give you more details! Some of us have been to the playa before, but this is our first time building a theme camp, and we're looking forward to it - we need all the help we can get! Wherever you do camp, hope to see you on the playa.

-amanda-
gitnauk

Postby British Henry » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:38 am

Wahoo,

Thank you all so much for the kind offers. This network is amazing, I have had people contacting me from all over on Face Book and via email. Its like a big warm hug and I'm only at the fingertips.

I'm not going to jump at anything just yet if you guys don't mind. There is a lot to read about on all of your plans. I know whatever happens it will be awesome but would like to catch up on the massive festival ins and outs.

Thank you all again

Hx
British Henry

Postby Beave » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:35 am

We have some space if your interested.
Large well resourced camp of International burners old and new..
Oxford chaps welcome... britcamp incorported here along with International Burner Hostel... we have our own pub dear chap !!

Have a look at our project MEGATROPOLIS and support camp MINITROPOLIS and gmail me if you are interested.
Space going very quickly :0)

gmail: minitropolis@gmail.com

www.megatropolisproject.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_fq7G_a_s
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 4622158809

Return to 2010 Theme Camps