Birgins looking for fellow sex positive campers

Birgins looking for fellow sex positive campers

Postby much2naughty2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Open minded adult group, looking to locate with other AFFs, SLS or similar sex positive interests. :lol: Not necessarily a theme camp. Although we are new to BM, we are not new to camping in harsh environments and are very self sufficient campers.

BTW: Just to be clear... sex is cool, but that's not what I am asking for. I just want to be a part of a nice/cool group of people with whom we can share and bond that would be accepting of us .

MOD Note: The last paragraph was added as a wish that was granted.
MDMF
much2naughty2

Postby Isotopia » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:35 pm

I swear you can tell a wife-swapping ad five words into the sentence EVERY time. I mean, is there a grammar manual that these folks are obligated to adhere to when posting this stuff? For instance 'sex positive' and 'open minded group.'
Isotopia

Postby Fire_Moose » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:03 pm

It makes em feel better about themselves.

Wa wa wa
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby misfit » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:05 pm

always wondered why its termed, "wife swapping". are there no women that would like to swap out their husbands.?...
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.
misfit

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: wish you were here

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Sex-positive sounds like a disease.

Are the rest of us sex-negative? :oops:
Ugly Dougly

Postby Sham » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:43 pm

WOO-HOO! We're all gonna get laid! :D
Sham

Postby pinemom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Funny thing is...If your a swinger in "defaultia" Why dont ya just go to burningman and experience IT. Leave the hunkering for getting laid at home.

And seems the couple of virgins...
(yes no B for a reason,they never came back) is that they come out with expectations of this wild and crazy get your brains fucked out sessions and leave empty hearted.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby much2naughty2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Wow, that didn't take long for the forum Nazis to show up... Maybe Nazi is to strong, I'll change that to freedom fighters. Reading posts in here on almost any topic except theirs, you get the same negative insulting reaction. So much for Burningman being a gathering of open minded people.
much2naughty2

Postby Dr Helix » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:38 pm

So let me get this straight. You've never been to Burning Man before, and yet you open your quest to get info by announcing you want to find a swinger camp. Sounds like your mind is open to just one thing and it ain't the Burn. Good luck and I hope you try to open your mind a bit more before you come.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby SilverOrange » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:40 pm

SilverOrange

Postby AntiM » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:13 pm

much2naughty2 wrote:Wow, that didn't take long for the forum Nazis to show up... Maybe Nazi is to strong, I'll change that to freedom fighters. Reading posts in here on almost any topic except theirs, you get the same negative insulting reaction. So much for Burningman being a gathering of open minded people.

Never confuse "eplaya" with "the playa". Two entirely different animals.

And it would have been quite nice had you taken a moment to introduce yourself before jumping on the sex thing, much less call the eplayans names. There are threads for saying howdy!

Oh well, huh?
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Much too naughty for that.
Ugly Dougly

Postby much2naughty2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Wow, Antim, you really think that would have helped. Reading several of the threads, you can see some of these same eplays jumping of first times whenever they make a post. When I look at their profiles, with a few exception they are mostly blank. I guess the lesson here is we need to shut up and earn our bones first before we are allowed to post anything or even a question.

How did all of you critics get be be second time burners, without being first time newbies? Is this like an initiation or hazing you have to go through?

Even though I've read anything I can get my hand on about buring man, it's very hard to figure out without experiencing the event. The one theme I thought I understoood was there was room for everyone, and I still suspect that's true, in spite of the negative reaction my post received.
much2naughty2

Postby Captain Goddammit » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Well Much2, you gotta admit Isotopia nailed it exactly on the head.
You're not at all getting the wrath of board Nazis. I have no problem with people that like to play the way you're almost-but-not-quite-but-it's-still-obvious talking about.
You're getting the type of replies you are because Burners don't want people making Burning Man out to be nothing but a big orgy. When someone comes on the message board and the first thing they wanna know about is where the swingers are, we worry that you've got the wrong idea. Usually the first thing people wanna know is what to bring, how to set up a camp that will survive the dust storms, shit like that.

There is nudity, and there is sex. I've never gone to BM and NOT ended up having late-night "fun". But in general, it's not a swinger party nor do most of the people want that reputation. You probably don't think it is, all you did was ask to hear from like-minded people - I get that. It just sets people off when someone makes it sound as if that could be their main interest in the event.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby much2naughty2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Thank you for the civil reply Captain Goddammit. As a first timer, I really appreciate it. I appoligize to the community for my original post, and stepping on toes. In fact I tried to go back a couple hours later and either remove or edit it, but the forum doesn't allow editing after 60 minutes. So I own it.

You've made some good points. There are some good reasons I didn't ask how to survive in conditions like BM and some of the other good point you made. First, I camped in tougher conditions than a desert. At least in the desert, you won't turn into a freezie pop over night. Second, if you've spent any time reading the BM website, I don't know how you could help but not know exactly what to bring. Someone has done a terrific job puting that site together for first time burners.

Perhaps I should have ask "how we keep from getting camped next to the mormon temple or million watt music camp", and yes we love music, but we're bringing lots of ear plug in any case.

I know that's not the main interest of the camp, nor is it ours, and we don't care about seeing naked bodies. But we do sun in the buff, and don't want to camp in a place we would offend anyone. In fact I would rather ask the question on here and offend folks rather than set up camp next to some who will be offended and upset for the week.

And after a couple days without bathing, sex would be a long ways from my mind. My question would be similar to someone who would want to know what part of the camp is 4:20 friendly. Birds of a feather flock togther? Something like that. I don't know how better to explain it, orgy isn't on my agenda.

So again, Captain Goddammit, thanks for your nice reply, and again my appology for the original note.
much2naughty2

Postby ygmir » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Camping spots are very much "first come, first served", you find a spot, and set up.
there are very few known entities, outside the placed theme camps, which, will be on a map. Even then, they're not always exactly where it looks like they'll be.

The best way to find out if you "fit" in a certain area, is, stop and ask your potential neighbors. Most folks are very tolerant of most everything, especially if it's not super loud noise/music. And, appreciate someone who will say "this is us, dose that bug you?".
and, really, do what you want, where you want, is the rule......it's nice though, to see if you'll offend, if, that's a concern for you.

Most burners are very tolerant of others......again, the biggest complaint I hear usually revolve around sound.

The Mormon Temples and other religious shrines and encampments are usually clearly marked, and, can also be identified by the buzzards circling above.

But, do be forewarned: the conditions are harsh.
you seem to reference extreme camping, and, specifically "cold"........
This is a very unique environment, please read, learn, and ask questions regarding the specifics.
It seems you've done a lot of homework, and, good on ya for that.
If you can't find an answer by reading the info on the main site, ask here.
you'll get snarky answers, but, some good info, as well..........you'll have to decide which is which.

I'll sidestep the tenor of your original post, since, that seems to have been addressed, and well, by others and your reply was quite clear.

Above all else:

welcome!!

to quote a know Sage here on Eplaya:
"We are the island of misfit toys".........

with that in mind, jump in, rub up against us, and have fun.........

just have your snark shields up.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby geospyder » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:26 pm

much2naughty2 wrote:Is this like an initiation or hazing you have to go through?

Aside from ringing the bell - dust angels dressed in your Sunday best.
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.
geospyder

Postby much2naughty2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:27 pm

YGMIR thanks for the informative note. I just knew the cool burniers would surface. I've spent years reading about BM and trying to find time. If we're not prepared, it's our own damn fault. I've been shopping to fill the list for months.

If there are 5-6 campers/trailers coming, can the first person to arrive stake out and area big enough for the others, or do we need to arrive together?

Please believe me, I was far more concerned about who we might offend than gawking or looking for participation. We want to experience the full burn, which I know isn't possible in one year,but still be able to sit out in the morning, drink coffee, and sun in the buff.

It's a big camp, but I hope we get a chance to say hi to both you and the captain. Your replies are very much appreciated.
much2naughty2

Postby gaminwench » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:28 pm

You'll probably want to stay away from Kidsville, they're mapped,
and there is a 'Red-Light' district, of sorts...
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby ygmir » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:44 pm

much2naughty2 wrote:YGMIR thanks for the informative note. I just knew the cool burniers would surface. I've spent years reading about BM and trying to find time. If we're not prepared, it's our own damn fault. I've been shopping to fill the list for months.

If there are 5-6 campers/trailers coming, can the first person to arrive stake out and area big enough for the others, or do we need to arrive together?

Please believe me, I was far more concerned about who we might offend than gawking or looking for participation. We want to experience the full burn, which I know isn't possible in one year,but still be able to sit out in the morning, drink coffee, and sun in the buff.

It's a big camp, but I hope we get a chance to say hi to both you and the captain. Your replies are very much appreciated.

*keeping eyes peeled for cool burniers*

N2N2:

holding land is usually more acceptable, when, it's not crowded where you're doing it. ie: if there is only a small space left on a block, and, it's a sort of "prime" location (close in, or, near some of the super popular camps), some will frown upon you staking it all and holding it for extended periods, like days and days.

It's not uncommon, if your friends are arriving that day or the next, to hold it......you need to mark it clearly, though. You may encounter resistance, and, at that point, either use kindness and negotiation, or, call a Ranger and decide.........I've seen both happen.
It's also easier earlier in the week.

but, it would be ideal if you all arrived together........It seems there is something written prohibiting "land grabbing".

I suppose it's frowned upon, by some, but, seems a fairly normal practice among folks who all camp together.

again,
talking to the neighbors and kindness and respect get a person or people a long way.

nudity in itself is fairly widespread, and, there is no time of day more so.
As stated, you might want to be a little ways from Kidsville, which, will be marked and so stated well in advance of TTITD (do your research.....grin).

but(t), in general, no one will give you any grief for nudity......
But(t), be careful about any public sexual activities........that can lead to a ticket, or, rousing applause, depending on who's there.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby dr.placebo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:50 pm

much2naughty2 wrote:At least in the desert, you won't turn into a freezie pop over night.
But we do sun in the buff, and don't want to camp in a place we would offend anyone.
And after a couple days without bathing, sex would be a long ways from my mind.

You've raised some good points, even if the first wording brought down the snarkers.

First, in this desert you might turn into a freezie pop. The altitude is 4000 feet (1200 m) above sea level. You can have over 103 F (40 C) in the day and get under 41 F (5 C) at night. It can get down to freezing, although it's uncommon. It's dry, alkaline, and dusty. Winds can be over 50 mph (80 kmph) in the day, and whiteouts are not at all uncommon. We call it home.

Second, nudity is fairly common, and quite well tolerated. Skin is just another costume. I think that most people on the playa are able to distinguish between nudity and sex, and we try to educate those who did not get the memo. Here I'll just put in a quick plug for the "Clarity and Consent" workshops run by the Bureau of Erotic Discourse (BED).

Third, you can get clean on the playa, but not everyone bothers to do so before sex. It's definitely a point for negotiation among the concerned parties (I would have said "between" but one should not assume that there are only two involved). Public sex is not recommended, since the cops can bust you for it. The playa is pretty sex-positive, but one still has to cope with some social mores.

Don't worry about theme camps or location. Just get there and feel things out (so to speak). I hope that you enjoy your first visit home.
dr.placebo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Postby Captain Goddammit » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:02 pm

much2naughty2 wrote:And after a couple days without bathing, sex would be a long ways from my mind.

Well goddammit, you CAN bring water and a shower!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby EspressoDude » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Isotopia wrote:I swear you can tell a wife-swapping ad five words into the sentence EVERY time. I mean, is there a grammar manual that these folks are obligated to adhere to when posting this stuff? For instance 'sex positive' and 'open minded group.'

why did I read that as "open minded grope"???
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby much2naughty2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 pm

Hey captn, I'm bringing lots of water for showering. I was wondering though. I've seen some folks use evaporators for the grey shower water, but I was wondering if you had heard of anyone successfully filtering and recycling shower water.

I found a filter fine enough for particulate, odor, and bacteria. With a small amoount of bromine or clorine added to the tank every day or so, I would think it could be safe enough for showering. What do ya'll think.

I also read that the state has some regulations regarding showers.
much2naughty2

Postby newt » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:34 pm

much2naughty2 wrote:I found a filter fine enough for particulate, odor, and bacteria. .

Eeww.
Your used shower water is going to be about 80% particulate, 30% odor and 65% bacteria.
Sex Negative :)

I'd rather bring an extra 55gal barrel full of clean water and an empty, cheapo pre-contaminated barrel for the gray water.

-or-

If you're feeling spendy, you can pay one of the the pumper trucks $50 to empty your gray and black tanks.... They start cruising around pretty regularly by Thursday.
newt

Postby Constantly Wired » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:55 am

I'll prolly have my Johnson swingin in the wind.

I plan on shaving my chest/stomach and pubes into a nice arrow pointing at the Business :lol:
Constantly Wired

Postby AntiM » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:21 am

much2naughty2 wrote:Wow, Antim, you really think that would have helped. Reading several of the threads, you can see some of these same eplays jumping of first times whenever they make a post. When I look at their profiles, with a few exception they are mostly blank. I guess the lesson here is we need to shut up and earn our bones first before we are allowed to post anything or even a question.

How did all of you critics get be be second time burners, without being first time newbies? Is this like an initiation or hazing you have to go through?

Even though I've read anything I can get my hand on about buring man, it's very hard to figure out without experiencing the event. The one theme I thought I understoood was there was room for everyone, and I still suspect that's true, in spite of the negative reaction my post received.

Well, yes, I do. I'm ever optimistic.

I do nag the eplayans about real answers first and snark later, but I certainly have little real control. I'm a volunteer moderator and my main task is to keep out the spam and move topics to the right forums. There's a whole thread about playing nice here. As you can see, it is only partially effective. I know I too get snarky, and I'm the "nice" mod.

One reason for the reaction is that we do get folks posting who have not read the main site or the FAQs. They're heard about Burning Man and do no research. There are serious posts about "where are the sex camps?" and "can I stay in a hotel?" It gets tiresome, and while most of us try to be civil, there are days when the snark factor just explodes out all over the eplaya. Since most posters are adults, I figure they can sort it out for themselves.

There is a sticky thread in Q&A about shower set ups. There is a recycled water discussion, which may or may not be of value:

http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?t=32850

Blank profiles? My profile was once far more detailed, and there were links to my art and blog and homepage in my sigline. Sadly, I had a run in with a stalkerish individual so I pulled all that down.

My friend has a nice little camp called Nude 4077, with about five or six camper trailers/tents/an RV. He gets there first and stakes out a corner. Usually a street or so back from the placed camps and villages where there is room to spread out. So your idea of a camp is perfect. And he was only half a block from Kidsville, so even that isn't a big deal if you're not in their little faces.

Welcome Home.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Fire_Moose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:48 am

I was hoping this thread would get better....but it appears to have turned into one of those lame 'informative' threads...

there is a certain camp that runs the human carcass wash...not sure how clean you come out of it though...
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby geospyder » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:37 am

Fire_Moose wrote:I was hoping this thread would get better....but it appears to have turned into one of those lame 'informative' threads...

there is a certain camp that runs the human carcass wash...not sure how clean you come out of it though...

Along the informative lines... Has anyone done the human carcass wash? I'm curious what my limitations are and if I even have the guts to do it.
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.
geospyder

Postby C.f.M. » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:53 am

geospyder wrote:
Fire_Moose wrote:I was hoping this thread would get better....but it appears to have turned into one of those lame 'informative' threads...

Along the informative lines... Has anyone done the human carcass wash? I'm curious what my limitations are and if I even have the guts to do it.

Poly Paradise. My friends camp there.

It isn't a difficult carwash. You get soaped up, you get rinsed off. Nothing sexual about it, if you don't want. Then you get in the wash-er line and return the favour.

They'd be some sex-friendly people to camp with - great amentities, too.

http://www.azcompuguy.com/polyparadise/
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Next

Return to 2010 Theme Camps