Gay Friendly Camp

Then why not do a theme camp

Postby Honey Bucket » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 pm

[quote="PSGuy"]We are not a theme camp but we are a friendly gay group of guys mostly from Southern California. Most of us are from a gay outdoors group called The Great Outdoors. Last year we were 15 with guys from Florida and Alaska as well....[/quote]

[b]PSGuy; I think it would be fitting that with 15 more or less fabulous guys, to actually do a theme camp and be part of the village with Comfort/Joy, etc... don't ya think? Could be something cool in the making....[/b]
When the going gets tough, the tough use Tupperware!
Honey Bucket

Postby Dr Dilemma » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:03 am

Don't forget us!

Paradise Motel

www.desertparadise.org

could ya GET any gayer? I mean honestly!

Dr Dilemma

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Paradise Motel

Postby jakkimaguire » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:44 pm

yo dudes and dudettes i am from the uk my names jack and it will b my first time at BM i dnt really have a clue about what the hell i am doing because i have never been to something like this b4 and i have never been to america but feel like taking a trip and mite be coming alone, somebody told me about themed camps and about getting info and help buy joining a camp making friends that maybe able to help me out so of course i want to be in the gay camps of joy, so thought i would post here and see what comes of i, i hope to hear back from you guys cos i am really going to need ur help wen it comes to my big adventure
thanks
x
jakkimaguire

Postby Trishntek » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Here's your sign!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby jakkimaguire » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:34 pm

JUST GOT MY TICKET
PLEASE BELIEVE IM SWANIN
jakkimaguire

Hey we all love ya

Postby trevkong » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:06 pm

I've drunkenly poked a nice guys weenis after asking plenty of times, never had any negative reaction (but it helps that i've always camped with cute girls) most people out there are friendly period.
trevkong

Postby AntiM » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:34 pm

I had sex with a friend and her biker chick SO for a few hours back in the 80s. Please, don't make me do the math. I hate figuring percentages.

I was the hot one. Amazing, but true.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Isotopia » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:07 am

Excuse me but may I laugh now?

Your statement suggests that your sheer fabulosity - at any point in time - might have been anything other than Premiere.

Iconic even.

Stop taking a bow woman. Make them bow before you.

You are worthy.

We are not.

Don't forget that.

Ya' big knucklehead.
Isotopia

Postby AntiM » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:21 am

Isotopia wrote:

Excuse me but may I laugh now?

Your statement suggests that your sheer fabulosity - at any point in time - might have been anything other than Premiere.

Iconic even.

Stop taking a bow woman. Make them bow before you.

You are worthy.

We are not.

Don't forget that.

Ya' big knucklehead.

**Applause**

I love you.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby epic_elite » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:30 pm

do they make gay angry camps?

if you showed up in a dress... people might not be able to tell you apart from the married straight men.
epic_elite

Homeless

Postby PUCKWISE » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Is a gay camp something one needs to be invited into, or do you just arrive, smile, and pitch your tent. This will be my first burn, and I am having a hell of a time meeting members of the mentioned camps.

Also what is the RED LIGHT ZONE area?
PUCKWISE

Postby curiousgnate » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:47 pm

so yes you need to be in the camp to camp in their area, there is however usually space next to them if you get there mon. early morning. the red light district is a more adult area that is in my view the most fun place to camp. There are no exact locations, but anywhere from about 8:00 -9:00 and then d-h is in the heart of the red light district. Few kids and more of the adult side makes for a fun fun time. i would recommend that you arrive at gate open, and aim for 830 and F and try and find somewhere to camp. If you are just with a small group, or by yourself this should be no problem. just be completely prepared read up and you will have fun. As a gay guy i do recommend camping here!!!! I do every year. If you have any other ?'s PM me and I can tell you more. hope you have a great burn.
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby MaddJackKash » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm glad this thread was up.. i am going for the first time with a buddy who has never been either- being that we're both queer- yet we're not opposed to camping around hetero I did/do share a very slight residue of concern of making sure that were placed somewhere "friendly" being that we are not going to be affliated with camp..

Now i knew of Comfort and Joy.. because they always are throwing events in San Francisco ...and a few members of that camp are on my facebook...

I was wondering which gay camps aren't radical faerie-esque moreless.

I'll take the redlight advice above.
Nothing to fear, Nothing to doubt
MaddJackKash

Postby curiousgnate » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:15 pm

hey mad jack. im sure most of the gay camps are firming up thier roster right about now. I would recommend for your first time just camping without a camp but as you noted in the red light district. also there are not many if any un friendly places to camp! Burningman is one of the most accepting places i have ever been and i have traveled all over the world. red light=more adult themed, and more veterans which to me means a much better burn than if i camped out in the boonies or i don't know there are always streets i walk down trying to find the porta potties where there is nothing going on. I call them the ghost streets and they are super boring. red light is definately not that.
curiousgnate

Postby MaddJackKash » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:19 pm

hooray! I'm getting excited. Thanks for the tip Nate..and i received a few messages as well. This doesn't seem so daunting anymore. haha.
Nothing to fear, Nothing to doubt
MaddJackKash

Any camps with room for two more?

Postby c-bus brad » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Any camps out there with room for a Midwestern 44/56 year-old gay couple that wants to pitch in and help out, likes to run around naked, and can contribute our fair share financially?

We’re perfectly capable of camping on our own but would enjoy the camaraderie of an on-the-playa family.

We’re second-timers to BM and know the drill – no need to babysit us. We’d love to lend our talents toward helping out with any camp activities.

If you’ve got room and want to know more about us, please PM me!
c-bus brad

Postby watermonkey » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Lollipop guild is a gay group. check out the great group of guys.
watermonkey

Postby thk127 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:13 pm

My boyfriend and I (21 and 23) are going to BM for the first time too. We were looking into staying at a themed gay camp, but being first timers we don’t know what to expect. We aren’t into the whole “Gay Cultureâ€
-=First Burning Man 2010=-
thk127

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:59 pm

[quote="thk127"]We aren’t into the whole “Gay Cultureâ€
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby alt12 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:00 pm

[quote="thk127"]My boyfriend and I (21 and 23) are going to BM for the first time too. We were looking into staying at a themed gay camp, but being first timers we don’t know what to expect. We aren’t into the whole “Gay Cultureâ€
alt12

Re: Gay Friendly Camp

Postby toaster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 am

big69bob wrote:Ill be heading out to BM this year for the first time...probably by myself. So I'm looking to find a gay friendly camp. Even better would be if there are any Bear groups anyone knows about. Help me out gang.
Gator Bob in Ft Lauderdale

Hey Bob.. check out this list from this year's approved list:
http://gayburners.com/2010-queer-camp-list
Toaster
San Francisco, CA

(Living life running with scissors in my hand, wearing a plastic helmet and teethe-guard)
toaster

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Sun Guardians

gay camps

Postby toaster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:13 am

I read through this whole thread and am so encouraged with the dialog for people coming to BM this year. I wanted to address a couple things:

Gay life is all over the place and integrates at Burning Man like it should in the default world, it's over all so positive and heart warming.

Camp anywhere you want, but invest in getting to know the people first. Invest in friendship and commitment to the camp by being part of it; including clean up and building.

Because one is gay does not restrict you to a gay camp... by no means. I will be camping with members of my community but will visit the previously mentioned camps ... over and over and over and over... hee-hee

And finally - the plug - after last year I decided to start a web resource for queer burners... gayburners.com ... check it out. I have extrapolated as many gay/gay friendly camps on there that I could.

I love the energy on this chat string... cheers and hugs all.
Toaster
San Francisco, CA

(Living life running with scissors in my hand, wearing a plastic helmet and teethe-guard)
toaster

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Sun Guardians

Postby jarjar » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:00 pm

My brother, his b/f and i are hoping to camp with a gay oriented camp this year. a first for me. :)
"see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?"
jarjar

Postby jarjar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:52 am

well... i was contacted by a gay camp and in the first email, we were invited to camp with them. i told them our ages ect and revealed that i am on oxygen and use a scooter to get around. our invitation was immediately revoked. excuse? "theme camps are too much work for you."

bullfuckingshit. i am the judge of what is too much for me and what isnt. i dont need a ******* babysitter. i have lots to offer a camp. my bro and his boyfriend have tons to offer.

tell me i'm too crippled to camp with a theme camp. eat me, boy, and kiss my fat butt!
jarjar

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Jarjar- fuck 'em. Some of the elitist bullshit of the Castro heads out to the playa every year.

Just camp in an open area near the gayborhood with your small group. You'll have that gay connection, but you'll also have independence from the b.s.

I have friends who are doing just that, and they get to avoid the stress that can come with theme camps.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby curiousgnate » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:05 pm

i couldn't agree more. this year the gayborhood is around 730 and c-f i think. anywhere around there would be a great place to camp.
curiousgnate

Postby curiousgnate » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:07 pm

oh and jar jar you could post up here what camp they are. i for one would be interested to know.
curiousgnate

Postby jarjar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:22 pm

curiousgnate wrote:oh and jar jar you could post up here what camp they are. i for one would be interested to know.

nope. not gonna play that game. they know who they are. thats enough for me.
jarjar

Postby Tiahaar » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:41 am

well I could be stepping in it here again but there is this other side of the coin (NOT saying it necessarily applies here to your case jarjar, and I luv that name by the way) that gay camps have to deal with, and thus may have mistaken your camp request for: there are old trolls who like to camp with/by young bucks and oggle and otherwise innappropiately act as if they are prime companion material...its just the way it is, and camps really try to filter out those types so if someone doesn't know you well don't take it personally. Have a great time anyways!
Tiahaar

Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Anpu2001 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:15 am

Hi jarJar,
We'll make room for you! Contact me by PM and we'll work out the details. We'll be located at Athens & 3:00, have good shade, Rv room and we're handicap friendly!
Hugs,
mario
aka Moonraker
Moonbow Camp 2010 "Gays in the city!"
Anpu2001

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 Theme Camps