Seeking Los Angeles Dancers

Seeking Los Angeles Dancers

Postby JSW » Mon May 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Calling all LA burners who dance! I'm a choreographer/dancer in the the Los Angeles area and I would LOVE to put a show together to be performed at the burn! This is my third burn, my first burn I was in a show and my second burn I did a lot of volunteering, this year I want to bring a show to the burn!

Currently I have several ideas on a show that would involve all styles from tap, jazz, musical theater, contemporary, hip hop, and you guessed it FIRE! I love fire and have worked with fire fans, and some poi, but would love experiement a bit more.

Anyway, if your interested in dancing in a show while your at the burn, I don't want props other than fire tools, I would prefer very minimal costuming, as I want it to be liberating, and free of anything that could be constricitve to the body and how it moves.

If you'd like to know more about me and what I do, you can check out www.janethuey.com

I hope hear from you soon and get this show going. I can explain the concept a lot more indepth once I have a solid group of people interested in being apart of this experience!
JSW

Return to 2010 Art & Performance