Need help on your bay area project? some skills to offer.

Need help on your bay area project? some skills to offer.

Postby mindspike » Sun May 09, 2010 12:16 pm

I haven't been to burning man for a number of years, and while the friends I used to go to BM with have "moved on", I am feeling the draw!

A while back I built an electroluminescent fire-breathing bug that roamed the playa for a couple of years on top of a customized golf cart... a blast, but sadly all gone now.

I'm a 34 y.o. techie with an artistic and practical streak who has experienced the hard work it takes to make something come together on the playa (and the wonderful feeling when it does!).

I have skills to offer building stuff, e.g. metalworking (my welding skills may be a bit rusty but they're there somewhere), electronics, software.

Also very capable of menial tasks.

It's too late in the year to start something myself, I would love to meet a group of fun, energized burners with an interesting project already underway that I could help with.

I live/work in Sunnyvale and am trapped in a cube at Yahoo during the day, but could come to SF/east bay weekends/evenings to work on a project (a south bay-based project would be ideal).

If you have a project you're working on and it sounds like I could be of help please contact me (off list is probably best), let's talk!

Return to 2010 Art & Performance