1st annual Black Rock City Film Festival!

1st annual Black Rock City Film Festival!

Postby brcff » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:22 am

The BRCFF is presented by SF IndieFest and BUFF, the organizations responsible for the annual SF Independent Film Fest, SF Documentary Film Fest, Another Hole in the Head and the Boston Underground Film Festival. Between them, the organizers have produced over 40 film festivals.

Our open air theater will show the best short films from around the world to an international audience of art and film lovers who descend on Burning Man every year for fun, art and experience in the northern Nevada desert. Films do not need to be about Burning Man, we seek to present a showcase of the best short films from around the world about any subject.

The 2010 BRCFF will kick off with a Red Carpet Opening Night Gala before the first program on Tuesday night and conclude with a Wrap Party after the last films on Friday night. Plus every other night we will be hosting cocktail hour before and between screenings at our Casting Couch Bar and Popcorn Stand.

Black Rock City has a population of 50,000 for one week in August when it hosts Burning Man. The festival will screen films Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night at the festival. Festival Filmmakers are welcome and encouraged to attend and camp with us! You need your own ticket and camping/survival gear for the event. For more info on Burning Man go to www.burningman.com.

Screening your film at BRCFF is an excellent way to be a part of the best party/arts event on the planet!

Become a friend on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Rock-City-Film-Festival/113647221990055?ref=ts

Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/BRCFF

submit a film (under 30 minutes):http://www.withoutabox.com/login/5651
Black Rock City Film Festival
Black Rock City, NV
August 31-September 3, 2010
brcff

Postby epic_elite » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:22 pm

is there a specific time frame at which you intend to show films or are they going all day?

my camp mates at the last event were known to go to bed rediculously early. myself, i've been known to watch 6 movies in a week. this is something i would hit up myself when my mates have all tucked in. :P
epic_elite

Postby AntiM » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 am

Very nice!

(Isn't "first annual" really "inaugural"?)
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby brcff » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:58 am

The screenings will start after the sun goes down and will last 2-3 hours each night.
Black Rock City Film Festival
Black Rock City, NV
August 31-September 3, 2010
brcff

Postby stickydingo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:56 pm

This probably doesn't apply, but if the format of the films happens to be 16MM, I collected films for a while and still have projectors and such if they would be of help, but sadly the films I have are not independent releases.
stickydingo

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:30 am

I'm holding out for the BRC Ephemeral Film Festival anyway.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Dz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Sounds awesome! Will definitely have to stop by and check this out :D
Dz

Return to 2010 Art & Performance