Disorient's ART CAR WASH (4:30/Esplanade)

Disorient's ART CAR WASH (4:30/Esplanade)

Postby The Bass » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:00 pm

ATTENTION ALL ART CARS - WE'LL SEE YOU (AND LOVE YOU) ON THE PLAYA!!!

soft launch: Tuesday @ 4pm. every afternoon thereafter...

blurb:

In 2009, after a year deep in the city, Disorient returns to the Esplanade. Our Art Car Wash will buff your bumpers with a grooving daytime disco. Come play, learn and grow with us.

The Art Car Wash is an interactive zone for art cars, art car drivers, and anyone who wants to buff their bumpers. All art cars on the playa will be invited to drive through the "wash" where other playa participants will be waiting to greet them, mock "wash" their cars, and groove to the sound of daytime disco. The Art Car Wash will consist of two rows of platforms, creating a lane which art car drivers can pass through, and filled with spinning fuzzy playa versions of the washers and wipers found in a typical car wash. Of course they won't actually be washing the cars, but participants are welcome to bring spray bottles to mist the passengers. Ater passing through the wash, drivers will be able to park and join the fun as the music plays throughout the day. Disorient will get the wash started every day, but all other playa participants are invited to play a role with towels, misters, or just themselves.
The Bass

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:05 pm

I went by twice, there was no one there (2:00-2:30 ish)
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby ladykpurpose » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:29 pm

BRCPO mail truck had a rocking good car wash! We're still fighting over the squirt gun we got as a door prize! Thanks for the wipe down!

Lady K and the BRCPO Crew
ladykpurpose

Postby Artemis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:11 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:I went by twice, there was no one there (2:00-2:30 ish)

ummm....weren't they at 4:30 around 4PM?
Artemis

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:33 pm

I don't know, I went when I could, and they weren't open, I didn't see a sign stating otherwise.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby sparkletarte » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Were you doing the ping? Because I really liked that.

There was a gurgling somewhere near the metal trees with leaves installation, 8-9:30-ish. Couldn't figure out where that was coming from. It was funny.
sparkletarte

Postby oscillator » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:53 am

Tundra Bunny made a quick pit-stop Friday 5p.

Refreshing misting and cheers all round.

We Heart Disorientation.
oscillator

Return to 2009 Theme Camps