EARLY ARRIVALS

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:30 am

Wait a minute. Giggling Glade already GOT her ticket for this year, and she's asking for more?

Insatiable Hippie!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby wedeliver » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:32 am

snake wrote:yippee! terminal city passes have arrived!!!! all requested received.

good to hear, I was turning blue!!
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby littlewing » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:26 am

Ours finally arrived too. Not as many as we had requested, but enough to get our camp skeleton built. Whew. I'm glad to hear all this good news. Finally!
** actually joined in 1999 but couldn't remember my password after so many dead brain cells
littlewing

Postby CapSmashy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 pm

wedeliver wrote:I really hope Terminal City gets in EA and gets setup, otherwise your vulnerable underbelly will be exposed and some barbarians will over run your camp, take your woman, make you crawl around on a leash... That would be tragic!

I did not get the nickname Captain Smashy by handing out flowers and Religious tracts.

But, since all has been resolved, I have repacked my special sledge hammers and unbolted the chainsaws from the front of the bus.
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.
CapSmashy

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby mars » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Yay for Littlewing and the Kernul!!!
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.
mars

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Go Terminal City!

(I take back my harsh words about Larry not caring...)
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby lhyr » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:38 am

hey everybody.

anyone know a burner coming from humboldt county? or someone coming over 299?

i and my crew leave either late this thursday or early friday morning, and at this point:

i have an "extra" early entry pass.

if anyone's got a legit reason to be out there but doesn't have a pass, PM me. i'd prefer if you were able to leave from the same area as me and help us haul stuff (i have a bundle of around forty 10' by 3/4" pvc pipe that still needs to get a ride out there) or help on playa put our dome up, but at this point i just wanna try to get it used.

i have a camp mate who isn't making it to the Man for the first time in eleven years due to health reasons, and it would have been her pass.
lhyr

Postby lhyr » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:38 am

hey everybody.

anyone know a burner coming from humboldt county? or someone coming over 299?

i and my crew leave either late this thursday or early friday morning, and at this point:

i have an "extra" early entry pass.

if anyone's got a legit reason to be out there but doesn't have a pass, PM me. i'd prefer if you were able to leave from the same area as me and help us haul stuff (i have a bundle of around forty 10' by 3/4" pvc pipe that still needs to get a ride out there) or help on playa put our dome up, but at this point i just wanna try to get it used.

i have a camp mate who isn't making it to the Man for the first time in eleven years due to health reasons, and it would have been her pass.
lhyr

Postby POWERCHAIR » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:17 am

Last edited by POWERCHAIR on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POWERCHAIR

Postby pinemom » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:51 am

So how many camps showed up with their barely 12 hours printed early arrival passes only to be told they had already been scanned?

This was a disaster!
...waiting till the leaving hour to receive the damn things only to have our earliest camp members having to park it in "D" lot cause BMORG duplicated the damn passes!!!!!

Multiple passes we received were duplicated from some other camp.
More then I beleive 6 from just Booby bar were duplicates...and havent even done a poll within our theme village yet to see how many more....
but heard through the 1st 2 days that it was a scary number!!!

Geeze...can we get a handle on this earlier Burningman org.

That was a hardcore slap in the face!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby kiuney » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:39 am

[quote="pinemom"]So how many camps showed up with their barely 12 hours printed early arrival passes only to be told they had already been scanned?

This was a disaster!
...waiting till the leaving hour to receive the damn things only to have our earliest camp members having to park it in "D" lot cause BMORG duplicated the damn passes!!!!!

Multiple passes we received were duplicated from some other camp.
More then I beleive 6 from just Booby bar were duplicates...and havent even done a poll within our theme village yet to see how many more....
but heard through the 1st 2 days that it was a scary number!!!

Geeze...can we get a handle on this earlier Burningman org.

That was a hardcore slap in the face![/quote]

Yeah, we experienced this too. My co-camp leader and I sat in his truck while they told us they'd already been scanned. He then asked us if we'd gotten these from our camp leaders. We said "We ARE the camp leaders." I was about ready to bring out the can of whoop-ass because the trailer we were attached to contained pretty much all of the camp infrastructure but miraculously he disappeared and then came back and said all was fine.

So sorry you got stuck in D Lot. What a clusterfuck.
Deviant Playground
www.deviantplayground.org
"Scarred for Life...Again."
kiuney

Postby pinemom » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:29 am

well Luckily we had plan B....we did a last minute list of playa names and real names and a master of all theme camps within our village whom were to be on the recieving end of early passes....when Shadow had to be called over and over it appears that they just said let terminal city peeps in....
everyone had both...the early pass and OUR master list.

But geeze....
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby kiuney » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:58 pm

We are writing a complaint letter to document all of our camp issues from this year. I have no real confidence that it will actually do anything but in the event someone is listening, it might help and I'd like to feel heard, even if it's just an illusion from hitting "send". You all might do the same. Perhaps if they hear from enough camps who got screwed in one way or another, they'll be able to correct some of the issues for next year.
Deviant Playground
www.deviantplayground.org
"Scarred for Life...Again."
kiuney

Previous

Return to 2009 Theme Camps