2009 Burn "Looking for a Camp/Campers" Personal ad

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:41 pm

dear Gideon, AKA "The destroyer" (i know this because it's my son's name)

Bodypainting is now officially a BM no-no due to some dumb fucks over at the FED camp who were trying new and improved methods to stabilize the economy by dipping hotties into 24K gold Paint and selling them at auction.

The Indonesians didn't go for it, and the chinese never even showed up.

sorry to golden shower on your parade, dude.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
Roberto Dobbisano

Arrakis Dwellers Wanted

Postby Bishop6 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:01 am

Our theme camp, Arrakis, has expanded to almost 2500 sq ft, so we're looking to expand the Arrakis family as well. Check us out here:

Come join us at DNA and 7:30 for our galactic hookah sessions and glow stick parties!

Email ArrakisCamp@gmail.com if you'd like to join the adventure!

See you on the playa,
Paul Muad'Dib
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:59 pm

So you've "expanded" to a placement of 50' X 50'? I have an RV and shade structure bigger than that. Check your math.
Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby mojo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:04 pm

Well done Innocent - you have the winning mindset.
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.

Join Circus Metropolus Camp - registration's still open

Postby boenobo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Whatwith the alien abduction and subsequent temporary disappearance of Red Nose District this year, co-founders Circus Metropolus (my klowns: CM, Gooferman, Sisters of Honk, etc.) have combined forces with the stilters of EnHightened Being of Leisure to create Circus Metropolus Camp, located at 8 & Esplanade.

The scoop, schemes and registration link right thisaway:

any questions: info (a) circusmetropolus (dot) com

Boenobo the Klown

Circus Metropolus
Bohemian Carnival
Crazy Maze
Sand By The Ton

Arachnphobia Goth Gamer Center Camp Has Room

Postby gothspider » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Yes we are going. We have a truck and are buisy with last minute preparations.

The best Gothic, gamer (Think D&D not Halo,) Anime, Cabaret, Freak camp...EVER! Everyone who longs to become part of the unique sub-cultures that are not... or wants to strike their own chord at the burn are welcome. The most important thing at this point is that the people camping with us be interested in helping to build (If you can come early,) DJ, bar tend and otherwise have a good time. Its also important that everyone understand that nothing about burning man will every be completely smooth sailing. We all need to roll with the punches and focus on having a great time. Pulling off a theme camp is already HUGE! Getting into center camp is even bigger.... if we had nothing but a dome and some goth tunes we would run out of space in center camp.... if someone just went outside and proclaimed there was an event happening... well... there would be people to go to it! This could be the first of many happy years with Arachnophobia... a camp which you could have a hand in building, running and planning for next year as well if you want! BTW we still have early arrival passes not yet called for so let me know if that is something you would be interested in!

The catch.... well... there isn't any. I am not concerned about space and would urge others not to be too concerned either... everything has a way of working itself out playa side. If there was anything that's a bit difficult at this point its the vast expense of transportation that has been dropped on us over here in Colorado. Camp fees have been moved to either $200 or the original $150 plus 10 large bottles of your favorite cheap alcohol to cover the transportation costs and the mass of people we are going to get from being center camp! Fees can be paid through paypal... and we need your appx. camp dimensions so we can plot everyone out as close as we can to real life!

Arachnophobia is alive and well and calling out to its children to see how many creepy people still lurk in the dark awaiting their arrival to our dark circus of delight.

Camp Disc: We have a 20x20' shade area with a kitchen, sick, grill and gatorade all day long. We have two domes... the massive one has speakers in 4 directions and a DJ booth/set up... around the outer edge are benches made of 55 gallon steel drums for perfect industrial reclining... also there are 4 stages enclosed with steel bars or black vinyl coated chain link so you can throw yourself around or be bound and have animalistic fun! the front dome is slightly smaller and holds two bars: the 're-bar' and the 'life bar' (Think Zelda) in front of them are 4 Japanese style tables in the shapes of gears with spiders between and glowing from the inside. On the outside we have a great industrial designed sign that glows and 6 glowing green eyes.... a massive radio tower shoots out of the larger dome and should, god willing, have a green beacon atop that everyone can follow to find our camp from anywhere on the playa. We specialize in the bezar... cult movies with cookies - anime with boba tea - goth/industrial primary - 80's sets and many other funky events. We are open to more and urge people to come up with their own things!!! We are a supportive camp where we do NOT have a no drama rule but instead we know that things can get crazy on the playa and are committed to being there for each other and helping eachother through anything... in other words... I have your back!

If this all sounds great you can call or email me... especially if you have any other questions.

gothspider@aol.com or
gothspider at gmail dot com
...The cake is a lie... ...The cake is a lie... ...The cake is a lie...

Shit out of luck

Postby knifeplay » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:29 am

Everyone that I was going to the burn with flaked out on me. Then my car broke down and then I had to pay for an abortion. I need a place to sleep and water. I'm willing to pitch in and do work, I'm not picky at all. As long as the offer is reasonable I will take it.

You can contact me at suppuppy@gmail.com
::::::::3 I can see forever

Postby Sensei » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:03 am

Ya' know, I honestly don't know whether to laugh, cry or call the cops.

pick me

Postby alejandrrr » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:52 pm

I will be towing a 36' diam. dome whit sphere atop. Coming from the Bay Area Sunday. I am first time burner (but went to 4JP) 25 yo male who enjoys...

Looking for a camp with beats, energy, and overflowing with good spirit.
All my friends are just starting their careers, I'm in between jobs.

Can someone explain what it's like to burn but not be associated with a theme camp? Is it cool to set up large structures outside of theme camps?

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:32 am

Cool, but chat up the neighbors who are there first.
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: pick me

Postby wedeliver » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:09 am

alejandrrr wrote:I will be towing a 36' diam. dome whit sphere atop. Coming from the Bay Area Sunday. I am first time burner (but went to 4JP) 25 yo male who enjoys...

Looking for a camp with beats, energy, and overflowing with good spirit.
All my friends are just starting their careers, I'm in between jobs.

Can someone explain what it's like to burn but not be associated with a theme camp? Is it cool to set up large structures outside of theme camps?

You are going to have to dig deep in you emotional mind to find guidance. what you have is needed by someone, you have it, they need it.

Burning Man provides us with the opportunity to connect. I'm not sure what I am trying to convey.

Oh, and about the dome, watch out they can get away from ya. Big winds to come.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

Burning Since: 1998

Return to 2009 Theme Camps