Theme Camp search program?

Theme Camp search program?

Postby Lakshmi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Does this exist anywhere?

It'd be so nice to be able to type in some keywords that you want or don't want to help you find what you're looking for. Going through that long long list is tiresome.

If no one knows of something like that then could anyone suggest a camp that would suit my friend.

He is interested in starting something like "The Burning Man Church" theme camp, but considering he's a virgin I'm suggesting he start small and go to the event first. Does anyone know of any camps that hold related interests that he might enjoy or make connections?

If he were to do a keyword search I think some things included would be, religion, church, faith, discussions, support, PBR (he loves Pabst)

I think he's looking for a group of Burners who like to have fun and also are practicing Christians minus any fanatical extremes.
Lakshmi

Postby mdmf007 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Lakshmi -

Your right IMO keeping it simple your first year is sage advice. Your friend can then explore and look around meet some camps and find where he clicks or not.

Nothing like hooking up with a group beforehand and ralizing they are a bunch of dusche bags only to have to deal with them the rest of your stay.
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Burningman Church

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Your friend (or you) could start by making a new thread that is titled "Burningman Church". The label is like a bouquet. Good luck.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Oh yes....please.....open the thread.....please.........oh please.................
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Re: Burningman Church

Postby Lakshmi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:44 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Your friend (or you) could start by making a new thread that is titled "Burningman Church". The label is like a bouquet. Good luck.

I had thought of that towards the end of my post. My initial intention was only to ask if anyone knew of a theme camp search engine. I'd be more interested in finding one of those than a church oriented camp. I'll change my title so it isn't so misleading though ^.^
Lakshmi

Return to 2009 Theme Camps