Barbarian Camp

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:31 am

littleflower wrote:did barbarians have bells? i will very likely have a bunch of them... bells and ringing things...


Sure it will be easier to find you in the dark, in case you wander off.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16308
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Postby littleflower » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:35 am

i will have fun setting up bell decoys, leading you barbarians on wild goose chases around the porta potties....
User avatar
littleflower
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: rainforest canopy

Postby 420FienD420 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:32 pm

Igneouss wrote: Me thinks that the barbarians are hoping an actual girl might join the camp. :)

Heyyy...... littleflower's not the only girl >=[
420FienD420
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby ygmir » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:35 pm

420FienD420 wrote:
Igneouss wrote: Me thinks that the barbarians are hoping an actual girl might join the camp. :)

Heyyy...... littleflower's not the only girl >=[


this statement requires proof............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25978
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby 420FienD420 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:41 pm

ygmir wrote:
420FienD420 wrote:
Igneouss wrote: Me thinks that the barbarians are hoping an actual girl might join the camp. :)

Heyyy...... littleflower's not the only girl >=[


this statement requires proof............

Image
Me and Tommy Chong
Image
Me being raunchy
420FienD420
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby ygmir » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:46 pm

that proof is good for me, but, .......Master Doughly,.........

well.........

you'll have to see for yourself if it's enough for him............barbaric fellow that he is........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25978
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby 420FienD420 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:50 pm

Yarr.
I seem to recall littleflower being taken for on her word alone?
>;P
420FienD420
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby ygmir » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:52 pm

I think she posted a pic in the "face to go with your witty socail commentary" thread........?
maybe a nude, I don't recall..............so long ago........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25978
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby littleflower » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:57 pm

420FienD420 wrote:Yarr.
I seem to recall littleflower being taken for on her word alone?
>;P


sssshhhhhhhhhh!!!! they'll find out soon enough ... ha ha ha ha ha


i'm so glad there's another girl...
User avatar
littleflower
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: rainforest canopy

Postby 420FienD420 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:05 pm

me too ._.
I think with all of the testosterone in the camp, there may have been an unhealthy level of grabassing
don't get me wrong, I'm alright with the occasional grabass
I expect as much going into a Barbarian camp
but when booty runs low, well there are only so many pinches one's ass can take
420FienD420
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby littleflower » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:27 pm

that's what chainmaille is for .... and weapons .... hee ... i'd love to see them pinch through one of these:

Image

but of course, the dougly one has indicated that the camp will be populated by *noble* savages ...
User avatar
littleflower
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: rainforest canopy

Postby 420FienD420 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:43 pm

I still wouldn't put it past them... they're resourceful creatures
and barbarians can only be so civilized with several kegs of beer in them
which is what I can only hope will be awaiting us
420FienD420
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby littleflower » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:17 pm

of course ... but we better not let them know that's what we're hoping to find ...
User avatar
littleflower
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: rainforest canopy

Postby ygmir » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:46 pm

where's the chin strap on that chainmail skirt?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25978
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby gyre » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:40 pm

Wouldn't mail be more the fashion in the non-barbaric states?
A little bit like jewelry, isn't it?

Besides, it tends to pinch in the wrong places.
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15346
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Postby marck » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:13 am

What I like about chainmail is how well it transfers heat.

If you get too sore from all the pinching you can always ice it down.

Well maybe even before you get too sore.
May Shai-Hulud clear the path for you.

    Kомиссáр Logan
Over here sand blows; over there sand blows.
Over there a rich man waits; over here I wait.
Secrets give birth to more secrets
User avatar
marck
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:42 am
Location: The Black Rock Army
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Playawaste Raiders

Postby 420FienD420 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:55 am

I shall stay loyal to the Barbarian camp, even if there are no kegs
=]
my Barbarian brothers' company are the real reason I'd come
PLUS we'll probably just pillage another camp's keg
420FienD420
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:18 am

littleflower wrote:did barbarians have bells? i will very likely have a bunch of them... bells and ringing things...


barbarians can have all sorts of loot, especially if it is shiny and looks like gold!
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe
 
Posts: 1882
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:08 am
Location: the Oregon Trail

Postby marck » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:16 am

420FienD420 wrote:PLUS we'll probably just pillage another camp's keg


You are welcome to try but you will fail at Terminal City. Your meager beardedness cannot match our power and skills. Apokiliptika alone would be your doom.
May Shai-Hulud clear the path for you.

    Kомиссáр Logan
Over here sand blows; over there sand blows.
Over there a rich man waits; over here I wait.
Secrets give birth to more secrets
User avatar
marck
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:42 am
Location: The Black Rock Army
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Playawaste Raiders

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:17 am

420FienD420 wrote:I shall stay loyal to the Barbarian camp, even if there are no kegs
=]
my Barbarian brothers' company are the real reason I'd come
PLUS we'll probably just pillage another camp's keg

You're not in Barbarian Camp unless you PM me with all your real-world stats. No room will be made for flakes. I am sure that your barbaric heart understands.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16308
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Postby ygmir » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:13 pm

marck wrote:
420FienD420 wrote:PLUS we'll probably just pillage another camp's keg


You are welcome to try but you will fail at Terminal City. Your meager beardedness cannot match our power and skills. Apokiliptika alone would be your doom.


you may underestimate the power of the "clam"..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25978
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby marck » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:57 pm

ygmir wrote:
marck wrote:
420FienD420 wrote:PLUS we'll probably just pillage another camp's keg


You are welcome to try but you will fail at Terminal City. Your meager beardedness cannot match our power and skills. Apokiliptika alone would be your doom.


you may underestimate the power of the "clam"..........


We fear not the clam, we eat clams for breakfast.
May Shai-Hulud clear the path for you.

    Kомиссáр Logan
Over here sand blows; over there sand blows.
Over there a rich man waits; over here I wait.
Secrets give birth to more secrets
User avatar
marck
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:42 am
Location: The Black Rock Army
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Playawaste Raiders

Postby ygmir » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:41 pm

hey UD:

I found a pic from one of our Barbarian parties............

I'm the one with the sword........
Image
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25978
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:56 am

Sounds about right. Bring your friends. But the fur (or whatever that black thing is) may be hot and itchy on the playa during the day. :)

I am going to make a Viking-age tunic and pants out of earth-toned muslin for "sane" day wear, and a deerskin kilt and goatskin cape for ritual purposes. Always bringing "civilian" desert wear (khaki shorts, t-shirt, boots etc) as a backup.

I think that this year fake fur will be the new black. :)

Are you okay with minimizing 20th-21st century appearances at our kamp? I don't mean going with 100% medieval gear, but just hiding modern stuff within reason?

I got a big half-barrel to serve as a drum; as soon as my work schedule settles down, I will get a big piece of rawhide and string it over the barrel for our own brand of oonzoonzoonzoonzoonz!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16308
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Postby ygmir » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:11 am

Yeah, that bear skin would be a little warm during the day.......

I'm also happy to act as "Gothi" (or helper thereof), for any Nordic type ceremony/ritual you might want.........I've some experience with that.......
Even written a couple of my own chants......

Minimizing modern stuff seems a good idea, and, not so super hard to do.......

I'll see if I can get a big drum together, too.....a few might be nice.......

Maybe someone has an "Alpenhorn"......?..........or other large, low toned air instrument? A gong? If I can find it, or who I loaned it too, I have a 4' diameter saw blade that rings nicely.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25978
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby littleflower » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:45 pm

i bought a rather flat brass bowl at a flea market, thinking it could work as a gong, then figured i had no way to hang it! i am considering macrame or something. it does make a nice sound, although not as nice as the real thing, of course.

i also have a bunch of muslin, and gauzy stuff, to tie into dresses, but am having trouble figuring out how to do it! did barbarians sew? pins might work...
User avatar
littleflower
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: rainforest canopy

Postby ygmir » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:27 pm

littleflower wrote:i bought a rather flat brass bowl at a flea market, thinking it could work as a gong, then figured i had no way to hang it! i am considering macrame or something. it does make a nice sound, although not as nice as the real thing, of course.

i also have a bunch of muslin, and gauzy stuff, to tie into dresses, but am having trouble figuring out how to do it! did barbarians sew? pins might work...


yes, they sewed. I'd suggest, tying the material into a wonderful pattern, throwing in on a chair, and, go around naked..........

but, that's just me talkin'.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25978
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:13 am

I'll be meeting with LittleFlower next weekend and we can work on some stuff. Then later in May ? I can go up to Ygmir's place and we can work on the obstacle course.

I have a couple of king-sized bull horns off of a longhorn steer. They will make fine bugles. If I can find trumpet mouthpieces, they'll make a better tone.

Fear not, we'll soon win the prize for most annoying camp!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16308
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Postby littleflower » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:26 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Fear not, we'll soon win the prize for most annoying camp!


i certainly hope so! hee
User avatar
littleflower
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: rainforest canopy

Postby ygmir » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:28 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:I'll be meeting with LittleFlower next weekend and we can work on some stuff. Then later in May ? I can go up to Ygmir's place and we can work on the obstacle course.

I have a couple of king-sized bull horns off of a longhorn steer. They will make fine bugles. If I can find trumpet mouthpieces, they'll make a better tone.

Fear not, we'll soon win the prize for most annoying camp!


yeah, we can make stuff.............I've been scrounging.............
even got 5 rolls of real "razor wire"..............tacticle type with "easy pull" handles............
hahhahaa
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25978
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 Theme Camps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest