New For 2009: Barbie Death Village!

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:00 pm

1IDick, give me your email address and I'll shoot it along to you. (I am not the most computer literate person on this forum.) But good news indeed! We have the preliminary BMOrg DMV OK to bring the Barbie Mobile Whorehouse to the playa!!! We intend to install a nice stripper pole (uh, RedheadBarbie, we would love you to drop by; we just adore redheads), red lighting on the roof (so it's like a red light district), and transportation to and from the best damn Village (Barbie Death Village of course) on the playa. We have a number of newbies so us grizzeled veterans who just kind of roll our eyes when a newb runs up and says something like, "You'll NEVER guess what we just saw on the playa!" will be able to experience the beauty of that first time in BRC all over again. There is something to be said for being a virgin.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:04 pm

I like the newb stories of amazement, I like happy children !!!

I also enjoy the hell out of watching that amazement first hand.

(check your inbox Doc)
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby robbidobbs » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Hey Doc that is great nooze about the Barbie-mobile.
You're the bomb as a camp leader. I am so looking forward to chillin' at your camp while on Poop Patrol.
Kisses!
RobbiDobbs
robbidobbs

Camp Name: Pottie Central

Postby janicels » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:25 am

camps are up....
whooo we are camping with greeters....it will be great
janicels

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Frank the Vintner and I have been working on the webpage. If you would like to see the New and Improved! BDV site, go to www.barbiedeathcamp.com and rock your world.
Dr. Pyro

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:47 pm

i have been thoroughly rocked.

cant wait for the annual meet and greet so i can actually meet the circus that we call e-playa in the flesh.

i'll actually make it this year, we're going to bring a sun-dial and some stones to keep track of that ever shifting time thingy...

as long as we can see the sun, we should be ok.

after dark-thirty, we're pretty much fucked.

o yeah, i almost forgot...we aresaving a bottle of this schtuff, from the former GDR, just for the event...

I'd rather Burn on my Feet, than Rave on my knees

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby slvrnmph » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:17 pm

Seems like Barbie Death camp should have one of these. http://gizmodo.com/5288328/barbie-foosb ... xciting-me
( \_/)
(O.o)
(< >)
slvrnmph

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:53 pm

That is way cool. You know, this is a do-versity around here, radical self-reliance and all that. Build it and they will come. They may even play a game of foos, uh, Barbieball.
Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:42 am

Just in case anyone would like to see that we have advanced clear into 1998, we finally have something that resembles a website! Frank our vintner has done a pretty damn good job considering he is lacking most of the necessary skills to do pretty much anything except make and drink wine. Check out www.barbiedeathcamp.com and let me know what you think. See you on the playa. And remember, the Annual ePlaya/3playa Meet & Greet will be held, for the seventh consecutive year, at BDC&WB at 6 p.m. Thursday.
Dr. Pyro

Postby akmojo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:09 am

I just picked up my ticket for the 1st ever preburn here in Alaska.. the Holos Festival.. will be up near Talkeetna this coming weekend... it's going to be fun meeting fellow Ak burners !!! I'll be sure and take lots of pics to show everyone !!!
are we also a stop on the World Naked Bike Ride and Pub Crawl this year ??
Thurs was a busy day last year !!!
think big and dare to fail
akmojo

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:47 am

Well the Calendar of Events isn't up yet (shocker, considering Larry uses stoned hippie volunteers to try and get things done instead of trained professionals like those who work for the DPW) but when it is, I can assure you I will contact those nice people and have us the very first stop after The Man. Pink is a nice color in our camp, wouldn't you all agree?
Dr. Pyro

Postby akmojo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:47 pm

the Holos Festival preburn turned out GREAT !!
for a first time event, 88 people attended and fun was had by all....
I was busy at the Alaska Outpost of Barbie Death Camp... MANY Duck Farts were served...
already planning for next year and I hope more Burners from the Greatland will make it and add their theme camps to the mix....
think big and dare to fail
akmojo

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:26 am

Glad you had a good time representing the Barbiebarians, JR! I'm in St. Louis right now. Watched the Giants beat the Cards twice, and hoping for a third win tonight. Be home tomorrow night.
Dr. Pyro

Postby sktELEMENT » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:07 pm

honorarium art installations are listed on the site, but still not the other art projects...They should also seriously list with pics of all the art cars as well...some day...
Infect Me
sktELEMENT

Postby InnocentWhenYouDream » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 am

Greeting from the UK.
I am collecting together a small sample of specimen creatures I have collected from various corners of this planet and bringing them to your desert. There are 5 of us in total, although we may be 6 soon.

We are looking for a camp to get involved with, to offer our services to, and to hang out with..

If there are any spots left at the BDC and you would like to know more about us then please send me a message.

Cheers

Rory
At the age of 37 she realised she'd found forever, as she roared along through Paris with the warm wind in her hair.
InnocentWhenYouDream

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:11 am

I-W-Y-D, I am having trouble responding to you last PM. Please email me at james.jacoby@wellsfargoadvisors.com ASAP.
Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:44 pm

For all of you who get The Jackrabbit Speaks, they have a picture montage in the most recent issue. Of 54 pictures, there is only one (well, three if you really use your imagination) of a theme camp. Whose camp, do you ask? Duh, Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro, the best damn camp not situated on the Esplanade (we would be, but we would run out of wine sometime Tuesday afternoon, damn drunks). So, where's the love?

Don't forget, the Eplaya/3playa Meet & Greet is Thurday 6 p.m. at BDC&WB. If you can't get laid here, then you must be the Elephant Man.
Dr. Pyro

Postby ygmir » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:06 am

InnocentWhenYouDream wrote:Greeting from the UK.
I am collecting together a small sample of specimen creatures I have collected from various corners of this planet and bringing them to your desert. There are 5 of us in total, although we may be 6 soon.

We are looking for a camp to get involved with, to offer our services to, and to hang out with..

If there are any spots left at the BDC and you would like to know more about us then please send me a message.

Cheers

Rory

specimen creatures?
like "urnine unicorns"?............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Sail Man » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:05 pm

ygmir wrote:
InnocentWhenYouDream wrote:Greeting from the UK.

Cheers

Rory

specimen creatures?
like "urnine unicorns"?............

maybe the goose that laid the golden egg?
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby skibear » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Wonder what these guys would think If I showed up
TODAY ! at the best hotel here in DC and practiced
mayham on Barbies? :

National Barbie Doll Collectors Convention
Celebrating 50 years of Barbie Dolls.
July 10, 2009 Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
Washington DC $7.00 admission

http://www.barbieconvention.com

:twisted: :twisted: :P

fix url
skibear

Burning Since: 2002

Postby InnocentWhenYouDream » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:58 am

if I had the goose that laid the golden egg, we would all be going to Burning man courtesy of Me. As it is, the jars of specimins of which I speak, used to be human, but have undergone a transformation.
At the age of 37 she realised she'd found forever, as she roared along through Paris with the warm wind in her hair.
InnocentWhenYouDream

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:23 pm

One of our Villagemates who has gone to TTITD before is bringing a nice boatload of newbies, many of them from Europe (England and Austria). Today the playa, tomorrow the world!
Dr. Pyro

Postby bigbluedoggy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:14 am

Greetings Doc and Barbie-arians! Planning on being there Thursday night to bring dismay and loathing to one and all! Here's a to grand time!! it will surely be hideous! :-)

Woof!
Don't go complicating my reality with facts.

Destiny Lounge Returns for 2015 at Ballyhoo and 3:55! Are you ready for... The Vortex of Destiny?!?!
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:27 pm

ATTENTION: Barbie Death Village is now full. If you have received an email or notice from me before now saying that we have room, we will honor that commitment. Even if you are on the fence with your decision, that will be OK. We are assuming everyone who has shown an interest will likely attend. We did just get about 30 crazy Alaskans who are invading with a large bus (add that to the 36 Canadians and you have more Eskimos that a Inuit village) so we are maxed out on space. From here you would be put on a waiting list and you don't really want that. So Elisheva, Brooke, and Frappa, you are good and made the cut.
Dr. Pyro

Postby ibdave » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:ATTENTION: Barbie Death Village is now full. If you have received an email or notice from me before now saying that we have room, we will honor that commitment. Even if you are on the fence with your decision, that will be OK. We are assuming everyone who has shown an interest will likely attend. We did just get about 30 crazy Alaskans who are invading with a large bus (add that to the 36 Canadians and you have more Eskimos that a Inuit village) so we are maxed out on space. From here you would be put on a waiting list and you don't really want that. So Elisheva, Brooke, and Frappa, you are good and made the cut.

Hey I have 45 Barbies to donate to your camp and I have been to almost all the meet and greets (Playa happens).. Can I still get in on your camp?? I don't drink or smoke, but I do fart as I walk past those sitting in chairs. I do have skills, but not sure what there are. I tend to be more like a frat guy than a kind, helpful burner.. Party on.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Dustdevil » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:20 pm

Oh Great Doc! Tonya just decided that she wants to camp with Barbie Death Village and let the rest of us stay in Brain Freeze Camp. Too bad you're full......

Jack
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Jack, no worries. Tonya could probably find some space in the RV, if we really looked.
Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:53 am

Just a note, those of you in Eden, BDC&WB, and BRC Body and Paint, please get your dues in! Our expenses are vastly outweighing our income. Sounds like the California budget.

Also, Sunday is the last day to order your 2009 Barbie Death Camp t shirts ($18 ) and hats ($12). All proceeds go to help everyone else in Black Rock City get drunk on Frank's wine.
Dr. Pyro

Postby Igneouss » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:49 am

We can sell stuff on ePlaya? Cool!
Basic b/e analysis:
2005 $243K
06 $855K
07 $1.0M
08 $1.1M
09 $0
10 $1.1M
11 $1.2M
12 $1.2M
That’s $6.8M that thousands of volunteers deserve to know about. Capitalism is alive at BM. Tickets are the commodity. Others have estimated higher profits.
Igneouss

Postby joel the ornery » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:04 am

Igneouss wrote:We can sell stuff on ePlaya? Cool!

no, you can give Doc money, and wait for a shirt or hat.
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 Theme Camps