Bomb Bay Tea Company ... still waiting for their Zeppelin

Bomb Bay Tea Company ... still waiting for their Zeppelin

Postby miimno » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:33 pm

Bomb Bay Tea Company was pleased to serve HM tea to the gentle masses after being stranded so cruelly upon the ancient lake bed. That crew was vigilant; that crew was dedicated to the civilising power of Oolong, green, Mint, and Lapsang soo chong served in bone china cups; we had biscuits, civility, Scrabble, a savonius wind turbine and a huge bomb!

We know that our Zeppelin will come to rescue this faithful crew. In the meantime, we await the challenges of the coming year culminating in the 2009 Burn.

We have one word:

Cabaret
miimno

Postby LeChatNoir » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:37 pm

On a similar note, I was approached by a gentleman, a man of worldly experience, who was on a journey. His route, long and circuitous, would place him in the desert of the Black Rock a bit less than a year from this day.

He asked about the possibility of gathering together a group, in the hopes of many hands making light work, and making a place of respite in an ephemeral city known to rise from the dust. I have been approached about the prospect of joining in this great foray, and am considering the implications of such.

Though I have been know to be an adventuring man, I also struggle with the part of myself that is more prone to hermitage than social excess. As I ponder on the weight of this offer of sojourn to distant lands, I wonder if you, sir, have been offered any similar sort of enticement.

Respectfully Yours,

LeChatNoir
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby Mr.? » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:51 pm

You saved me and my mates Monday afternoon during the first storm, and personally I don't know what I would have done with out the entertainment from the delightful Friday! She is something special thank you all very much for you delightful tea.

Were you able to find a taker for the structure or did you burn it?
What is in store for us next year?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
Mr.?

Postby Dusza Beben » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:30 am

Miimno,
Doing the impossible once just wasn't enough eh? :wink:

LCN,
We were indeed approached by the same mysterious pith helmet clad gentleman. I am reasonably certain that we shared his vision with the rest of the crew as I fear that Halcyon, the kids and myself will most likely be unable to attend next year. I think that the possibilities of the suggested arrangement could be rather astounding indeed.

Mr.?,
Thank you for your kind words and your patronage.
The very happy news is that the structure does indeed have a new home
with the BRC post office! Many thanks to our illustrious post masters for giving a playa veteran structure a new home.

DB
Agripunk,
For the angry farmer in all of us.
Dusza Beben

Postby fciron » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:10 am

I happen to be acquainted with M. LeChat's traveler and he was pith-helmetless. I believe this to be the gent in question.

viewtopic.php?t=26481&highlight=

I shall share this information over in the BBT Co. yahoo group.
fciron

Postby LeChatNoir » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:29 am

Although that person is a fine gentleman indeed, he is not the mysterious stranger that approach me about the journey.

This traveler was a bit shorter than the Honorable Mr. Bonz and did indeed have a pith helmet.

Hmmm....

Perhaps it was all just a dust-laden vision.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby MozyBonz » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:37 am

I know of the stranger that you speak of.

And of the mysterious journey that awaits you.

waits with great anticipation
MozyBonz

Postby Toolmaker » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:27 pm

So are we gonna make a flying zeppelin or what?

Let me know if you need any help brainstorming.. I already figure that hydrogen would be bad early in the week but would make for a grand finale at weeks end.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby Grazelda » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:58 pm

LeChatNoir wrote:On a similar note, I was approached by a gentleman, a man of worldly experience, who was on a journey. His route, long and circuitous, would place him in the desert of the Black Rock a bit less than a year from this day.

He asked about the possibility of gathering together a group, in the hopes of many hands making light work, and making a place of respite in an ephemeral city known to rise from the dust. I have been approached about the prospect of joining in this great foray, and am considering the implications of such.

Though I have been know to be an adventuring man, I also struggle with the part of myself that is more prone to hermitage than social excess. As I ponder on the weight of this offer of sojourn to distant lands, I wonder if you, sir, have been offered any similar sort of enticement.

Respectfully Yours,

LeChatNoir

man that's some good tastin' words... bravo...
Grazelda

Postby miimno » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:24 pm

LeChatNoir wrote:On a similar note, I was approached by a gentleman, a man of worldly experience, who was on a journey. His route, long and circuitous, would place him in the desert of the Black Rock a bit less than a year from this day.

Respectfully Yours,

LeChatNoir

This ephemeral man was solid substance before my very eyes. I regret to say I spoke more words with him than with you! The puffing beast (The Contraption--not the man!) was a wonder to behold--as was the finery sewn fast upon the bench.

Of the man. A notion was floated of a great city (rather, a village) of steaming beasts, performances from gay Paris, and tea flowing in the streets. This, I shall admit, flows more from my imagination than was, well, actually spoken of!

My colleagues, Silas P Morgan, Dusza Beben, Mad Maxine, FCIron, SigRoan, Enli, and others whose names will in short order be invoked with affection and hearty praise, transformed the humble corner of Corvair and 5:30 into a small Victorian paradise (if a tremendously dusty paradise). These very same have already begun creating a new performance in the minds' eye.

The impossible can be done, I am sure Dusza, as many times as the heart pleads ;)

As an afterthought, MozyBonz, there was a thread (a conversation elsewhere on this forum) in which you described your vision for The Black Sabkha, if I am not mistaken. It was a tremendous inspiration in a moment of near paralytic self-doubt (of which fits I am quite prone) to read that and the suggestions and ideas from others. I grokked a message there.

Onward.
miimno

Postby miimno » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:28 pm

Toolmaker wrote:So are we gonna make a flying zeppelin or what?

Let me know if you need any help brainstorming.. I already figure that hydrogen would be bad early in the week but would make for a grand finale at weeks end.

Funny you should say that. Mad Maxine has had a vision, for a couple of years, to create a kind of broken zeppelin as part of a stage for a cabaret act...
miimno

Postby Enli » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 am

Whatever the hell is going on.. count me in!
Neverwas Haul
BM 2009

Mistress of Time, Server of Tea
The Bomb Bay Tea Company
BM 2008
Enli

Postby MikeVDS » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:57 am

I'd be in on building a zeppelin. Tethered or not, it'd be costly but doable.
MikeVDS

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Postby Zorch » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:23 am

I shall be watching this thread with much interest ;)
Zorch

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Bomb Bay Tea Co.
8pod

She's MAD I tell you!

Postby Paulie_BELL CAMP » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:25 am

Mad Maxine's crashed Zep Cabaret Stage would be AWESOME!
Can yooooo dig it!
Paulie_BELL CAMP

I alway wanted a recreational zepplin, more than a pet pony

Postby Marscrumbs » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:11 am

I figure wirth modern polymers and composite materials it should be even easier to build one today.

I'll even use cheap solar hydrogen. I figure I'd integrate thinfilm photovoltaics onto the surface. Hydrogen then can also be used as fuel and water as ballast.

Helium is expensive and non renewable. The whole Hindenburg scare was due to some hysterical guy with a radio mike. Most people on it survived the fireball. It was the jumpers that didn't do to well.

The first people to have a recreactional zep's will have a blast but once everybody wants one it will get crowded.
Marscrumbs

Re: She's MAD I tell you!

Postby miimno » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Paulie_BELL CAMP wrote:Mad Maxine's crashed Zep Cabaret Stage would be AWESOME!

You know it my friend! The concept drawings are fairly rad. The general idea is something like a wreckage field.

Updates to follow...
miimno

Postby Mad Maxine » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:09 pm

PAULIEEEEEE!!!

I miss my morning Paulie hugs.

EEE!

Maxine
Personality is what you are in the dark.
-John Whorfin
Mad Maxine

Postby fciron » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:20 pm

Ooooooh, I see.

Cool!
fciron

Postby unjonharley » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:05 am

Is it true, The Bomb Bay Tea Co. will take raver pelts in exchange for a stout cup?
unjonharley

Postby Mad Maxine » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:04 am

Only if the ravers are still attached.
Personality is what you are in the dark.
-John Whorfin
Mad Maxine

Postby unjonharley » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:21 am

Mad Maxine wrote:Only if the ravers are still attached.

That would be nasty.. The pelt smells bad, but the whole thing?

I depend on road kill for my pelts.. Can pick'em up on the morning moop patrol.. The odder is not to bad if I can trade them before noon..
unjonharley

And now for something completely indifferent.

Postby Paulie_BELL CAMP » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:32 pm

New in 2009...

In the Spirit of the Trebuchet, with all the panache of mechanical advantage....

HIPPIE-Pult!!!

Rid yourself of that annoying squatter Hippie by luring him into the HIPPIE-Pult's cleverly camouflaged projectile basket using one of several time-proven Hippie Baits.

Whether you choose "The sleep on my couch for free, invitation", the famous "bag-o-greens", or the newest lure, "The free battery recharging solar panel", you're sure to get a kick when that Hippie is flung upwards and outwards, sailing a minimum of 8 nautical miles before landfall (local elevations permitting).

Hippie-Pult.

Get one today.

P

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Can yooooo dig it!
Paulie_BELL CAMP

Postby Elliot » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:57 pm

:D
Build a Raver-Pult, and I'll be interested!
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar - a 2015 BRC Theme Camp

---------------Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!---------------

Elliot

Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service & Bevera...

Postby Boijoy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Don't Ravers pult themselves if you turn the music up loud enough??
don't forget to floss
Boijoy

Camp Name: Metro Mart

Postby unjonharley » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:23 pm

Elliot wrote::D

Real early in the morning you can find a road kill Raver before the rigger sets in.. If you poke them with a sharp stick.. They make a funny sound.. Some thing like "I'm not dead yet"
unjonharley

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:51 pm

unjonharley wrote:

Real early in the morning you can find a road kill Raver before the rigger sets in.. If you poke them with a sharp stick.. They make a funny sound.. Some thing like "I'm not dead yet"

You can't fool me. I SAW that episode of Monty Python.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby unjonharley » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:11 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
unjonharley wrote:

You can't fool me. I SAW that episode of Monty Python.

Aren't we on our toes today..
unjonharley

Postby Elliot » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:42 pm

Just a random snap shot from my front yard on Halloween many years ago. Don't know why I felt compelled to post it here. But there WAS a debris field of old car parts and whatnot behind it across the lawn -- don't seem to have a pix of that.
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar - a 2015 BRC Theme Camp

---------------Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!---------------

Elliot

Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service & Bevera...

Postby Paulie_BELL CAMP » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:38 am

I feel happy! I want to rrrun!
Can yooooo dig it!
Paulie_BELL CAMP

Next

Return to 2009 Theme Camps