Fire Wire
Terminal City
www.campherring.com
Fire Wire

Postby Barb Wire » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:13 am

Thank you, Fire Wire! :D
Barb Wire / Sven
--------
You don't stop going to Burning Man because you get old.
You get old because you stop going to Burning Man!
Barb Wire

Burning Since: 2006

Postby Barb Wire » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:17 am

Hope we'll see you on the playa for your 50th birthday, FW!
Barb Wire / Sven
--------
Barb Wire

Postby **burn** » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:34 am

Isn't it now the 21st in Norway?
Did we say Happy Birthday on the the 19th, instead of the 20th?
Crappola. :oops:
Risky

The Booby Bar in
http://terminalvillage.com
**burn**

Postby pinemom » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:14 pm

See now Im all kinds of confused...."that was easy"!
Happy BdaY B'wire!!!!!!!!!!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Elliot » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:04 pm

:D
Norway is nine hours ahead of Black Rock City. When it is Noon in BRC, it is 9 PM in Norway, still the same day. The change to the next day in Norway happens at 3 PM in BRC.

While we are at it.... Norway uses the 24 hour clock -- known as Military Time in the US. For example, 9 PM = 21:00.

On a Norwegian calendar, the week begins with Monday and ends with Sunday.

Norwegians us "Week Number" a lot. This is practically unknown in the US. The advantage, as I see it, is that weeks always begin on the beginning of the week, while months begin all over the map. So a Norwegian might say that he has scheduled a vacation to go camping in some desert for week number 36.

Back to time zones.... Obviously, there are 24 time zones around the works. The "main" time zone is known as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), as this time zone is centered in Greenwich, England. ("green-itch"). Norway is one hour ahead of GMT. Recently, someone has tried to rename GMT to... U... something... Universal time.... This constitutes dumbing down, and should be vigorously resisted.

Norway changes their clocks to "Summer Time" (Daylight Savings Time) in a manner similar to the US, but on DIFFERENT DATES.

I'll stop now, before I get all riled up over the stupidity of such changing back and forth of perfectly good clocks.
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar - a 2015 BRC Theme Camp

http://www.elliotsbikes.org

---------------Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!---------------

Elliot

Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service

Postby Barb Wire » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:08 pm

We still got 3 hours left of the 20th. So it's still my B'day!
Barb Wire / Sven
--------
Barb Wire

Postby Elliot » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Finally, fish, such as herrings, living in the North Sea, in that dark and stormy void between GMT and Pilsner Time (Norwegian version of Miller Time), experience time as a fluid medium of temporal discontinuity, causing random fluctuations in the perceived continuum of time, which includes space. When analyzed and charted, allowing for the randomidity by factoring heavily towards the Pilsner Time side of the equation, we now discover why Barb Wire is turning a playful 12 years old today. Skål!

Elliot

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:14 pm

Elliot wrote::D
Finally, fish, such as herrings, living in the North Sea, in that dark and stormy void between GMT and Pilsner Time (Norwegian version of Miller Time), experience time as a fluid medium of temporal discontinuity, causing random fluctuations in the perceived continuum of time, which includes space. When analyzed and charted, allowing for the randomidity by factoring heavily towards the Pilsner Time side of the equation, we now discover why Barb Wire is turning a playful 12 years old today. Skål!

Hey, this fish lives on Porter Time.

And you forgot to account for the midnight sun in your calculations.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Elliot » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Well, that reminds me why I dropped out of college -- I flunked math. But I passed physics, so I should have remembered the Midnight Sun.

So....

In reference to the Fluidiousness of Temporal Randomicity as regards the Average Progress of Time experienced by a Herring, it does indeed behoove us to consider the effect of Midnight Sunshine.

To recap, for everyone’s clarificationing, Midnight Sunshine is the opposite of Midnight Moonshine. In the northern half of Norway, Midnight Moonshine is a coffee beverage locally referred to as Karsk. To mix a good cup of Karsk, place a dime on the bottom of a cup. Add coffee until you can no longer see the dime. Then add Moonshine until you can see the dime again. Partake.

When people, and Herrings, from the southern half of Norway (whence our friends the sub genus Wire Herrings hail) drink Karsk, the result is Aurora Borealis - the Northern Lights.

This ability to induce Sun Flare signals in the optical nerves of a Herring half a mile deep in the aboveforementioned Dark And Stormy Sea, is the foundation for the basic concept of the principle behind the Herring Time Travel Technology (HTTT) methodology system idea phenomenalion... thingie. How a Herring can drink Karsk while under water has not yet been fully explained -- nor has whatever this has to do with Barb Wire’s birthday, considering that Herrings are spawned, not birthed.

However, with the hypothesis of midnight sun affecting Barb Wire’s maturity level thus discombobulated to satisfactory scientific certainty, we can return to the scene of the cold confusion and formulate a new hypothesis for our next experiment. After all, that is how we qualify for our next grant!

In conclusion, we conclude that Herrings who have partooked of a cup of Karsk tend to repeat themselves, and say things twice. This duplicicity and redundanticy taking twice as much time to perform and consuming double the amount of time, we find that Herrings experience time at either half or double the rate of speed as do the fishermen who hunt them. Until Noon that is, when the fishermen celebrate the opposite of Midnight by also partaking of the Northern Coffee Beverage Pertaining To Moonlight mentioned above, and crash the boat on large black rocks in the middle of the ancient Lake Lahontan, and this scientific experiment conclusively proves that Herring Time Travel Technology works.

Thus, Barb Wire remains as he is -- a grown man with the ability of a boy of 12 to play like a child, and it is good.

Elliot

Postby Fire Wire » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 am

Fire Wire
Terminal City
www.campherring.com
Fire Wire

Postby pinemom » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:51 am

Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Fire Wire wrote:Image

Feelth!!!11
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Previous

Return to 2009 Theme Camps