Location of Art Installations on the playa

Location of Art Installations on the playa

Postby jollee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Greetings lovelies!

Last year I missed a lot of art because I didn't know how to find it. I am determined to be more proactive this year and am reviewing all the upcoming '09 art projects, but I still don't know how to find them when I get to the playa!

I don't see last year's installations on last year's BRC map.

How do I know where all these fabulous art installations are?!

Thanks so much for your help!!

Jollee Kisses
jollee

Postby mojo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:36 pm

I highly recommend the art tour - stop by the Artery at center camp for info. Go early.
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.
mojo

Postby jollee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Thank you for your reply!

I guess I am right? There are no addresses for the art installations?

I will follow your advice. Is this an actual tour? Or are they able to tell you where certain things are? I think I am still confused!!

J Kisses
jollee

Postby mojo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:05 pm

They do get specific placements and the Artery will likely have a map. There is an Audio Tour available of the art that has received grants. It is at http://www.burningman.com/installations ... tours.html There will be a lot more art that will not be part of the tour - sometimes the act of stumbling on it is a part of the fascination.
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.
mojo

Postby 5x5 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:49 pm

start walking and looking around.

you'll get a map at the gate, it should show the locations of the installations, but basically just walk away from the city blocks (there's art there too of course) toward the Man and toward the "top" of the map you can see online of the city.

you won't have any trouble finding art!

if you are looking for a piece in particular, and if it's not large, then you may have difficulties finding it.... check in at the artery if that's the case.

but just ride/walk and head to the nearest thing that looks interesting. Look at it while you drink some water. Stay and play if you wish. Rinse and repeat. :D
5x5

Return to 2009 Art & Performance