DoTA contact wanted...

DoTA contact wanted...

Postby Howard Seth Cohen » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:53 am

Hi,
I am performing on T,W,Th am (info on the show here: http://hscactor.posterous.com/wild-crepes-moving-forward)

AND WOULD LIKE THE PARTICIPATION OF ONE OR MORE DoTAer.

My email to the "contact us" email at DoTA has not been returned, so I would appreciate any other contacts within the community to come forward.

I can speak more to details "in person," but in short, this is what I would love to collaborate on (this is a copy of the email sent to the tristank email address.)

Hi,
My name is Howard Seth Cohen. I am putting the finishing touches on one of my contributions to BMan this year, a (performance) walking tour of the Wild Crepes of BRC, associated with Camp Delicioso, aka the Creperie (9 & Fossil.)

If you had one or more people willing to take part (and you feel it is safe and the wind complies) I would love to include some flying crepes (kites) in the show.

The show is a guided tour on Tu Wed and Th mornings at 10am of (puppet) Wild Crepes. My character The French Naturalist will lead the participants in an examination of 4 or 6 groups of crepes, pointing out and examining the adaptations each species has naturally selected to survive in the harsh environs of BRC.

I would love one or more kites to be in eyesight- their relative proximity to the tour is not so important. They could be static in flight, or playful and full of movement, or all of the above. Below I will paste the general response letter I am sending to parties interested in taking part. I am more than happy to answer any questions you or your fliers may have.

Some of the other crepes in the show will be vanilla crepes, with 50 ft long underground root vines, shake crepes with arms that shake hands, pom pom crepes that cling to structures (and when a colony matures, one pom tumbles off to start a new one,) etc...

I do hope some of your fliers will want to take part.
Regards,
Howard Seth Cohen HSCactor@gmail.com
Wild Crepes of BRC, T, W, Th at 10am. Meet at Camp Delicioso (Fossil and 9:00)
Howard Seth Cohen

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:24 pm

If people don't know what the DoTA is, that is one weird post to read.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Sensei » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:31 pm

DOTA = Department Of Tits and Ass.

Well, I'm pretty sure that's what Regyna Longlanks said it stood for, and if it doesn't, then maybe it should.
Sensei

Re: DoTA contact wanted...

Postby Paperboy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Paperboy here, and i'm a dotabird!

For those who don't know, we are the Department of Tethered Aviation. You may know us by our kite creations flying around the city, and guest starring in such fabulous roles at the Waffle burn, Temple burn, BRC postcards, and from our Windworshipping dances across the playa.

You can contact me: deanjordan at g mail dot com

[quote="Howard Seth Cohen"]Hi,
I am performing on T,W,Th am (info on the show here: [url]http://hscactor.posterous.com/wild-crepes-moving-forward[/url])

AND WOULD LIKE THE PARTICIPATION OF ONE OR MORE DoTAer.

My email to the "contact us" email at DoTA has not been returned, so I would appreciate any other contacts within the community to come forward.

I can speak more to details "in person," but in short, this is what I would love to collaborate on (this is a copy of the email sent to the tristank email address.)

Hi,
My name is Howard Seth Cohen. I am putting the finishing touches on one of my contributions to BMan this year, a (performance) walking tour of the Wild Crepes of BRC, associated with Camp Delicioso, aka the Creperie (9 & Fossil.)

If you had one or more people willing to take part (and you feel it is safe and the wind complies) I would love to include some flying crepes (kites) in the show.

The show is a guided tour on Tu Wed and Th mornings at 10am of (puppet) Wild Crepes. My character The French Naturalist will lead the participants in an examination of 4 or 6 groups of crepes, pointing out and examining the adaptations each species has naturally selected to survive in the harsh environs of BRC.

I would love one or more kites to be in eyesight- their relative proximity to the tour is not so important. They could be static in flight, or playful and full of movement, or all of the above. Below I will paste the general response letter I am sending to parties interested in taking part. I am more than happy to answer any questions you or your fliers may have.

Some of the other crepes in the show will be vanilla crepes, with 50 ft long underground root vines, shake crepes with arms that shake hands, pom pom crepes that cling to structures (and when a colony matures, one pom tumbles off to start a new one,) etc...

I do hope some of your fliers will want to take part.
Regards,
Howard Seth Cohen HSCactor@gmail.com[/quote]
aoxomoxoa
in dust we trust
Paperboy

Return to 2009 Art & Performance