Hello Theatre Camps!

Hello Theatre Camps!

Postby smallandred » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi there!! My hubby and I are first time burners and we are jumping in with both feet! We are arriving early to work as Greeters and we are also camping with the Naked Ninjas at 9th and F. In our home lives in San Diego, we are involved in a hilarious film called Crackwood. It is the very first Spaghetti Western with clowns. Our movie features Ron Jeremy, Gilbert Godfrey, and Issac from The Love Boat. I play twins in the film. One is a blacksmith (not in clown-face) and she is a prude who is just trying to get through her work day but keeps getting caught topless. Sheesh! The other is the local school teacher (in clown-face) and is the town slut. She seduces her students, the sheriff, screws the owner of Chibbles And Bits and gets chased down a hill topless by tiny Guatemalans. The movie is R-rated, 105 min and if I promise to monitor the viewers very closely for filming equipment, the director will allow me to show a sneak preview of the film at Burning Man. This is where you come in. I'm hoping to find an established movie camp that will allow us to make a viewing possible. Any help in this endeavor is extremely appreciated.

Melissa (Small and Red)

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:49 pm

ok.....i'm intrigued....

i suggest you contact VideoGasm, an esplanade camp of long standing.

Try Andy Wing, he is a member of this forum board.

"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby dieselcruiserhead » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am

Hi all,

I am also looking for a theater and/or screen to film [b]We Live in Public[/b], the Sundance Film Festival grand jury documentary prize winner (Sundance's most prestigious award!) that is currently premiering around the country:

The movie is about the future of the Internet and about a guy who made living art exhibits 10 years ago that depicted the future of the internet with *startling* accuracy, primarily via social media. Here is the trailer:

I was hoping to show it twice as a "world premier event" -- the movie is particularly relevant to the Burning Man culture both in terms of art and the Internet.

Please contact me directly with any questions! This is a favor to the film makers but it my pleasure as the movie, for any Internet person, is almost life changing. Thanks! Andre andre "at" shoumatoffmedia.com

Postby Nor757 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:14 am

Culture Labs at 6:15 and Esplanade will have a "giant video screen" per a message from SmokeBlower (also previously from SD).
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Party Naked Tiki Bar - Sin City Village

Return to 2009 Art & Performance