Aerialist Seeks Rig

Aerialist Seeks Rig

Postby anandaconda » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:51 am

I'm bringing my lyra to the playa for a gig at Center Camp, and could be persuaded to bring my trapeze as well if there's a chance to rig them outside of the performance area. Anyone know of a camp that's planning to have a rig or circus playtime this year? I'd love to swap knowledge and help anyone try the basics!
"Good deeds are the best prayer." --Serbian Proverb
anandaconda

Re: Aerialist Seeks Rig

Postby DoriumLux » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:51 pm

anandaconda wrote:I'm bringing my lyra to the playa for a gig at Center Camp, and could be persuaded to bring my trapeze as well if there's a chance to rig them outside of the performance area. Anyone know of a camp that's planning to have a rig or circus playtime this year? I'd love to swap knowledge and help anyone try the basics!

I'm sure there is. I used to know people from SF Circus Arts in San Francisco that always had a rig for trapeze and lyra. I'm not sure they come out anymore. I'd just comb through the theme camp list and email the Circus themed camps...
DoriumLux

Postby goathead » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:58 am

You might check this tread out.

viewtopic.php?t=27977

Good Luck.
goathead

Postby anandaconda » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:53 am

Thanks for the suggestions! :wink:

Me ke aloha pumehana,
Anandaconda
anandaconda

Postby insertadjectivehere » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:35 am

hiya,

i'm in the same boat, anandaconda... only with aerial fabric instead of a hoop. :) if you have found any good places to rig, please let me know.

...and if anyone else knows of a good place to hang an aerial silk, please let me know as well. ideally, 20-30 feet would be nice.
insertadjectivehere

Postby anandaconda » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi, InsertAdjectiveHere! (Believe me-- I'm thinking of a few! :))

I was contacted by Benenergy who would love to have folks rig in the geodesic dome his camp is putting up-- he was specifically interested in whether I had white silks that they could project off of while an aerialist was up there (I don't, but have been asking around). I don't know his camp name yet, but he mentioned that it's near Center Camp. I'll post when I hear more.

I've decided to pack my lyra and my trapeze, since it sounds like there's some interest, and since I originally posted this message, I've had two more Atlanta aerialists get tickets to the playa! One is a lyra girl, like me, and the other is definitely a silks lady (though she'll get up on anything!).

I know approximately three tricks on silks, so I'd love to swap knowledge!! We'll be camping with PEX at 8 o'clock and Esplanade, and if you're around Center Camp Thursday afternoon and hear some bitchin' accordion music, I'll be up in the air!

Me ke aloha pumehana~~ Christy Anandaconda
anandaconda

Postby trystanthegypsy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:20 am

I Loooove playing on silks, I'm not terribly good at it, but I can do lots of poses and things. I hope to find one of you lovely people with your silks up and have a go!
trystanthegypsy

Postby anandaconda » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:02 am

Mexcellent, Trystan! I'll keep an eyeball out for you! You might also like to try my lyra-- I can't seem to get down from the thing! My addiction's gotten so bad that I haul my coffee up there when I wake up on the weekends! :D
anandaconda

Postby anandaconda » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:26 pm

I heard from Benenergy-- he'll be at Destiny Lounge, 3:00 and Esplanade with some aerialist friends. He says to stop by during the day for circus play and lemonade!

I will definitely be stoppping by! :D
anandaconda

Postby goathead » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Sounds like we will be neighbors.

:D

Stop by for a Home Brew.

:D
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

It will be some sort of incredible over-worded hippie prattle, attempting to disguise the
Eternal Theme
Burn Shit And Blow Shit Up. Eric
goathead

Return to 2009 Art & Performance