Notable Performers on the playa?

Postby sktELEMENT » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:48 am

[quote="Absolut Jeenyus"][quote="bs bob"]just imagine your favorite band was playing-wouldn't you like to know about it????[/quote]
All the information you need to find out the What Where When is in a booklet that is given to you when you arrive on the playa entitled 'What Where When'. Most all of the large camps have all the time slots listed throughout the camps. :roll:

There is no need for BSP's, big fliers, or threads about the 'Hollywood' talent that is going to be performing there. This isn't fucking Woodstock, or Lollapalooza.

Silly kids rabbits are for trix.[/quote]

But it IS fucking Woodstock! It is the Woodstock of our day...except in reality Woodstock ended up being free! A financial failure, but a Legend even more so!
Infect Me
sktELEMENT

Postby bs bob » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:47 am

Monday Night
Opening Night: 'Welcome to Opulent Evo'
08:45 Opening Ceremony

09:00 Brother Hill
09:45 Drew Drop
10:30 Dex Stakker v. Dragn'fly
11:15 Cosmic Selector
12:00 Jeff Taisch
12:45 Vinkalmann
01:45 Dutch
02:30 Ghost Wolf
03:30 Atum
bs bob

Postby mdmf007 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:19 pm

ill be there, I am notable enough for all of you.
Groupies please line up now. (send picture for with application to be a groupie please)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby Absolut Jeenyus » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:05 pm

-AJ )'(
Absolut Jeenyus

Postby bs bob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:21 pm

bassnectar will be playing at least 4 times i think at el circo and the do lab :lol:
bs bob

Postby Finnegan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:22 pm

I heard Sting is sitting in with them this year.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby trystanthegypsy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:04 pm

bassnectar! somewhere...

and also alex grey was giving workshops last year :D :D
trystanthegypsy

Postby RedHeaven » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:02 pm

I personally LOVE compiling lists of my own BURNING MAN MUSIC FEST schedules. Its fun, and I can attempt to make it to hear some of my favorite music amongst all the other activities. Sometimes its nice to take a fucking TIME OUT and go dance to something that you like. Im all about it. With that said, I usually poke around here or Tribe,net about 2 weeks til the burn and the schedules start coming out. i also check bands I know play BMan and see if theyre planning anything. (ALBINO comes to mind, I am not sure if they are coming this year) You just gotta know what you like and know where to look.
When the lists start coming out, i print them and make copies and give them away at camp, people appreciate it. BlAH BLAH BLAH we know this isnt a music fest you snobs, nothing wrong with searching for what makes you happy. Isnt Bman WHATEVER YOU MAKE IT TO BE? If i want to make it a mini music festival I have the freedom to do so. :::BUUUUURRRRP::::

With that said, if you like mellow electronic stuff with a TON of melody, check out Random Rab, hes my faaaavorite!!! He usually posts to his tribe on tribe.net a week prior to BMan. cant wait to find out when hes playing. But its a mystery until then. CANT WAIT to check out Fort KNox Five. My jam band friends have a lot of great things to say about them!

And WTF BASSNECTAR? Love his music but the dude better not bitch and moan during his set this year!!! He was so anti Burnign man last5 year at Root Society.... I am surprised hes coming back.....but more power to him, he can say and do what he wants. I'll probably show up....

Im fuckin stoked that I get to bitch this year freely about the music I hate (I love bitching about music I hate) because I get to do a DJ shift, too!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! Im hosting a Twakky Hour party on Wed AM 4-7am at Lustre in a big sound system!! RAD.....Im going to play everything NOT electronic. Lots of Beck and Zero 7. SO EXCITED!

Happy Music Hunting!!!
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Postby H.G.Crosby » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:10 pm

call me a sentimental schmuck, but personally, i think everyone on the playa is notable.
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™
H.G.Crosby

Postby Finnegan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Schmuck, sentimental, one (1) each.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Still Refusing To Perform

Postby gyre » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:51 pm

sktELEMENT wrote:I am happy yall dont care about these acts...however judging by my PMs...it seems a lot of you like the pretend to not!...happy burn!

Burningman is where a lot of famous people come to relax and blend in.
Many famous bands are there and most of them don't play anywhere.
Some play on the spur of the moment somewhere.
Most don't.

I am happy to announce that once again I will be available to come to your camp and not dj.
I have added rap to the repertoire, so I am available to not rap as well.

And I'm not talking the early fast creative stuff before they had a name for it.
No gymnastics.
We're talking the lamest, rhyming whiteboy-at-the-mall wannabe Yo bitch I said I wanted sprinkles on my yogurt rap.

So there is that to not look forward to.
gyre

Postby Finnegan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:56 pm

We at the Booby Bar would love to have you drop by to not rap! We'll trade you one not rapping for one cold beverage of your choosing.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby gyre » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Sounds good.
I'll have my booking agent make arrangements.
gyre

Postby Finnegan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Remember my 10% booking fee.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby bs bob » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:57 pm

2 months from now that sprinkles on my yogurt rap will be top 10 on mtv
bs bob

Postby gyre » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:09 am

ImageImageImage
gyre

Postby ygmir » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:57 am

Finnegan wrote:Remember my 10% booking fee.

careful Finnegan,
if you want 10%, and his fee is drinks, it may be filtered............and in your boot......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby moshe! » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Why you guys care so much about how other people choose to experience burning man is beyond me. Who cares if someone else wants to see famous Dj's? Enjoy your self how you see fit and mind your own bizzznizzz otherwise.
for true.
moshe!

We Want the FUNK!

Postby Lantz Lazwell » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:27 pm

If you like the FUNK!!!!!!!! Kim Manning (member of P-Funk) will be performing with full band at Tsunami Camp Wed- Fri, 8-11pm (She will have an open improv Jam session called "Jam Factory" the last hour of each set, where the audience will help to write each song) .... and Center Camp Thurs. 1:30-2:30am, Sun 1-2am (after the Burn)

P.S. you all need to lighten up..... your goggles are wrapped on to tight..... loosen up your motorcycle boots and relax.... we've almost made it another year.....
Love and Light,
Lantz lazwell

to listen to my music or view my Bio click on the links below
http://www.sonicbids.com/LantzLazwell
http://www.myspace.com/lantzlazwell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBOmbQOjYXQ (video with George Clinton)
Lantz Lazwell

Postby Playa Tom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Bob Weir and some of the guys from Ratdog were great last year, does anyone know if they're coming back this year?
Playa Tom

Postby bs bob » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:44 pm

was bobby really there last year???and played music-and i missed it-well at least they are letting squeaky fromme out of jail-i bet shell be there
bs bob

Postby gyre » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:51 pm

I hope the Hobo Gobbelins turn up out there.
As a dj disgruntled with the attention they were getting said,
"It's a fucking psychedelic hoedown in there."
gyre

Postby actiongrl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:08 am

No, it's fine, I think. I just tend to trust that if I'm supposed to know about something, I'll find out. Case in point was when I learned the Hothouse Flowers were going to be playing at the Irish bar in '02. I don't think it was in the WWW or anything...but man, was it amazing to learn that without planning or buying a concert ticket I'd get to see one of my favorite bands.

but alas, i missed their first show because i had the day wrong....and the night I showed up, they weren't even playing! But you know what happened? I showed up in a ballgown so excited, and learned that there wasn't a show, but that lead singer Liam O'Maonlai was sitting around camp eating cereal, and I got to hang out with him and guitarist Fiachna and shoot the breeze about their Burning Man, and really get to know two very cool people. Would that have happened if I had a schedule?

Trust the playa, I say. It provides what you're supposed to have.
actiongrl

Postby BitterDan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Daft Punk is playing on the 9 oclock plaza on Thursday afternoon (or is it Tuesday?).
BitterDan

Postby Absolut Jeenyus » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:45 pm

actiongrl wrote:No, it's fine, I think. I just tend to trust that if I'm supposed to know about something, I'll find out.

Agreed.
-AJ )'(
Absolut Jeenyus

Postby ibdave » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:41 pm

actiongrl wrote:
Trust the playa, I say. It provides what you're supposed to have.

WINNER.............. :wink: :wink: :wink:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Snowah Zark » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:01 pm

if you treat the playa like a love, and keep her clean, and fix her wounds, and appreciate her for what she is, and only talk of her with good words and when you eat the playa, dont just eat it, eat the HELL out of it...

it's dust, and so are you.

let's party, playa people, everyday, everywhere, everyway.

everything WILL be fine in Ought Nine, and even the smallest participant can provide a helluva show, this i know all too well...

thanks lila, the girl with the coke bottle glasses, for making my burn, and all of my burns, so damn good.
Mi casa y su casa.
Snowah Zark

Postby RedHeaven » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:35 am

[quote="H.G.Crosby"]call me a sentimental schmuck, but personally, i think everyone on the playa is notable.[/quote]

I completely agree, I think this thread was worded incorrectly, they could of said "suggestions" instead of "notable"

Notqable was a bad choice of words for the BMan ethos....I agree.

Most of my favorite artists out there are not famous or well known, and if they are they got their fame AT burning man or I discovered them AT burning man.....I certainly dont look for Rolling Stoners or famous peopple. To me, ALBINO and the MERMEN are Playa famous!!
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Postby krisstradley » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Cant give you the name but the hottest act on the plya is playing Fri. night at 2 am 12:00 and trash fence
krisstradley

Postby vargaso » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:17 pm

I certainly don't want to tell anyone how to enjoy their burn, but I've found that letting go of any expectations, including compiling an itinerary, is the best way to go. Wander around, talk to people, be open, and you will surely encounter wonderful, unexpected things. That said, if I knew one of my favorite artists was performing, I'd probably make somewhat of an effort to attend.
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Previous

Return to 2009 Art & Performance