30,000 WATTS OF BASS (bagend) seeks a home - your camp? =)

Do you have BASS at your camp this year?!?

No
36%
Yes
18%
What day is it?
45%

Total votes : 11

Postby 303jewels » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:31 am

If neuronaut has asked 7 grand before, he doesn't appear to be asking for it now!!!

He is also promising tasteful electronic music, believe it or not I KNOW that bm needs tasteful electronic music as opposed to cheap souless trance shite.

Neuro already owns his sound system by the sound of things, and I guess he would just like to hook up with people that are on his vibe.

If he was asking 7g's before, perhaps hes backed off and now wants to do it for love? If so - respect Neuro.

If not -Can any of you 'hard hitters' on here honestly say that you are not interested in sharing your costs ?

Peace n Love Jules.
Timeless motion..........
303jewels

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:52 am

He is also promising tasteful electronic music

stop making me laugh, i think i just shit myself.

radical self reliance applies to all. If he wants to bring his sound system out to the playa, love it....if he can convince someone to pay him to do it, more power to him.

dont do it on these boards....there is no commerce allowed, plain and simple.

so, if The OP is TRULY going to GIFT his system then let's hear it from him, otherwise, it's just another ploy to get something for nothing, or at half off.

as a brit, you should understand that scottishness is frowned upon, on the playa at least, and shit upon here, on the e-playa.

it's up to the OP to prove otherwise.

and truth be told, one more or one less big thumping system at the burn wont make a damn bit of difference to anyones experience, regardless of what particular genre of Thumpy thumpy you think is the thumpiest.

i myself am a happy hardcore enthusiast, but i've been on ADD medication most of my life, so i cant get to sleep unless i have 145 bpm at 120 db jiggling my internal organs.

still silence and peace and quiet freak me right the fuck out.
fuck you, it's magic

"i manifest that shit, yo.....Thug Burner for Life"

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby AntiM » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:05 pm

The asking for the $7K isn't on here because I removed it. The only reason he got to stay is precisely for this type of community discussion.

I understand there are expenses, but honestly, he should have found people with camps and interest and went from there. Most people who have an interest AND placement in Loud Sound have their resources lined up by this time of year.

Still, I wish him only the best.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby 303jewels » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:42 am

Perhaps Nuero is 'evolving'

Hey Simon of the P - You THINK you shit yourself? - fuck, and there was I thinking I had completely mastered the art of paranoia!!!!!!!

Good luck Neuro.

120bpm at 145db would be marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
303jewels

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:53 am

120bpm at 145db would be marvelous!

ah yes the "perfect beat"....the german station JennyFm used to play that sugar coated mind candy 24/7.

ooontz ooontz oontz baby.

dig it.....the reason why the Big Sound Camps and any other sound camps dont get any money is ITS NOT ART YOU DUMB-ASS RAVER.

dont get me wrong, i am part of the loudest thump out there, but its not art.

it's where you go to shake your ass and have a good time, thats all.

Burning Man is not a fucking week Long rager in the desert, so take your european notions of what is and what isn't, and throw them all away and start fresh, like we did, when we abandoned your doomed continent.

120 bpm.....god, how stereotypical.....thats why i love my new tag line...

when i find people who dont fit the normal parameters, it makes my day.

Break your Own Stereotype and surprise people, try something different, visit places on the playa you might not have, because they're "not your crowd"....How do you know until you find out?

and check out the Art, thats why we are there, not to suckle on the teat of MDMA all week and fuck anything with a hole and dance like little monkeys on crack.

i usually only spend HALF my time doing the above.

sorry to burst your electronic bubble, but we (the loud sound camps) are merely window dressing, a pretty curtain to get you to actually look in the window....

once you do, you'll realize that we suckered you in with the thump, so YOU would experience the experience of creativity, unadulterated and immediate.

now...

what are the ten principles? Most dJ's and mc's dont give a rats ass about anyone except themselves and their particular twist on the samo samo.

prove this stereotype wrong, please.
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby 303jewels » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:50 am

Si of the P.
I do love you man, you crack me up, fucking interesting guy!

However......120bpm is pure class actually, I am not some dumb ass raver, I'm a 36 year old dancer and have been 'doing it' for 20 years.

I don't fit normal parameters, can assure you of that.

Don't worry I'll surprise people alright! Next year though - apologies.

I dont fuck anything with a hole and MDMA doesn't work on me anymore, which is a shame.

Be nice if you were to comment on my 'acid house' thread in 2009 theme camps!

I know bm is special man, your fucking lucky to have it.

Oh yeah - I love art. And its nice that bm has nice things to look at and feel during the week long party that it is.

I mean come on man, what the fuck else is it ?

Wheres Neuronugget gone?

Happy fucking hardcore, - I dunno, what with their mint fucking Axons, lucky little bastards!!!!!!!
303jewels

Postby ibdave » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:04 am

[quote="303jewels"]Si of the P.
I do love you man, you crack me up, fucking interesting guy!

Be nice if you were to comment on my 'acid house' thread in 2009 theme camps!
quote]

Now Simon is getting post request?? Fucking A,what's this world coming to??
Simon, don't let your "Success" go to your head now..

Will you sign my shirt at Doc's meet and greet??

I hear Micheal Jackson's Bodyguards are looking for work... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:09 am

Will you sign my shirt at Doc's meet and greet??

as long as you promise to save it, as it will be worthless someday.
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:23 am

I'll be on the far side of the playa with earplugs. :?
Ugly Dougly

Postby duffdog » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:02 pm

neuronaut wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm still here - if anyone here is really serious, just email me at neuronaut@neuronaut.org.

It's a major sound system so I can't move it around. I want to set it up in one place the whole week! =)

This is BagEnd: http://bagend.com/

The bagend gear I have:
4 QUARTZ (16x18" cones): http://www.bagend.com/bagend/quartz-r.htm
2 D18E-R (4x18" cones): http://www.bagend.com/bagend/d18e-r.htm
2 S18E (2x18" cones): http://www.bagend.com/bagend/s18e-i.htm

The tops are Electrovoice 3-way. It sounds REALLY nice. :)

No sound system is too "major" to move around. I see you have 8 cabinets total. I would think that you would have better luck finding someone with a Mutant Vehicle to mount the system on. That way you can drive around and oontz oontz all night.

I will be doing a fair amount of oontzing with a 70kw rig mounted on a MV as well. Of course, there will be no tasteful electronic music coming from my rig! I am demanding that all DJ's play 8-bit rock remixes only:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac-wpfJWaEI
Purveyor of Fine 'Soul Crushing Bass'
duffdog

Postby 303jewels » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Yes !!!!!
Simon of the P is getting post requests!!!!!!!!!
Yes his signed t-shirt will be worthless in the future but he's much more fun than Dave n Doug. Apologies for granting him god like status, but he loves Happy Hardcore and I simply cant knock a mint raver - shame he'll be all 'rushed out' one day. But hey maybe he'll end up like me and he will shine his house loving beam of light on to all those that are initiated.

Fuck it, hey Doug and Dave - why dont you post your thoughts on the acid house thread too?

Peace n Love dudes - everyones invited.

Something new is gonna hit the playa. We know you've never heard anything like it......Patience pipsqueks!

Wheres that 'N' -euro-narcotic guy gone anyway? Thats it! neuro nuef, no neurro fucking transmitter, probably not a neuro surgeon! Fuck, hey neuro fucking whatever- bring sophisticated beats/ class electronica and the sound system that you have painstakingly put together, think you are forgiven for the 7Grand shit. I believe in your heart man.

Anyway...................

So IT IS a week long party in the desert?

I wanna feel its body
I wanna taste its sweat
I wanna feel its ecstacy
I wanna taste its breath.

But being as you all abandoned Europe you won't know what the fuck I'm talking about!

Kiss, kiss - were coming.
303jewels

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Don't take it personally, I don't like loud music.

Do what you want, that's been the Burningman motto since I first went, as long as you don't fuck with anyone else's trip.
Ugly Dougly

Postby teknoid » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:22 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:ITS NOT ART YOU DUMB-ASS RAVER. dont get me wrong, i am part of the loudest thump out there, but its not art.

so, so sad that even in a place so wonderful and seemingly open-minded, there are people who like to spout out STEREOTYPES like "dumb ass raver" at people whom they do not even know, just because they happen to have a deep and long standing passion for a certain type of music.

if burning man is comprised of, for the most part, the most creative, brillant and forward thinking minds and hearts american culture has to offer, and if for some BIZZARE REASON music is not understood to be part of the arts then it does point to the problem perhaps that music, especially in it's modern manifestations, is not viewed as an acceptable art form in the greater culture of america in general. HOW VERY, VERY SAD!!!
so it seems, that the participants of burning man culture have been brainwashed as to what exactly is to be an acceptable form of "art".
is it things we can place in a museum or gallery? things which take shape and form? what music do we consider "art"? classical? jazz? what year is the cut-off point of "music as art"??? WHO IS TO SAY??? your parents? your media? your teachers?

for me music IS art! it is a highly personal (as is all art, really) and subjective form of art, and it creates SO MUCH MORE EMOTION AND REACTION then anything of paint or sculpture ever could. for me, MUSIC IS THE MOST REFINED ART of all the wonderful expressions of a culture. but that's just me; go ahead! - have your own favorite, i don't mind. but please, don't talk about something you know nothing about! if you do not have the passion and experience you will simply NEVER UNDERSTAND!

please, try to escape the prison of your stereotypes and be open to more then just" the loudest thump on the playa".
i know, in america "louder, bigger, more" are often used to compensate for quality and refinement and true inspiration; please, open you heart and if you don't like it ... well, no one "has" to listen to it. the playa is (pretty) big and has space for ALL!!!!
teknoid

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:25 pm

how much for 30 minutes at 117 bpm and 135 dB?
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby JackitUp » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:47 pm

YES! Everybody knows that music is NOT ART! Neither is dancing, or expressing yourself through movement! Nope, def NOT ART and NEVER WILL BE! And if someone creates an environment where music lovers can come together and be enveloped by rhythmic sonic vibrations, well, that's not considered art either, them's just a bunch of dumb ravers who wasted their time and money on the same old stupid oontz oontz. I reckon they don't know anything bout ART...no sirree..

Yes, we've all heard the idea that art is anything and everything YOU can do to create an experience, a feeling, a moment where you are totally involved and participating....BUT THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO DANCING TO MUSIC, NEVER, ESPECIALLY the oontz oontz type! You can be sure of that yes sir...sorry 303jewels, but those are the rules on the playa and that's just the way it is. No way around them, sorry to say. I think someone on the playa will be nice enough to give you the specifics on what is considered "ART" if you ask nicely, just never mention anything about the oontz oontz again, otherwise you'll be permanently tagged as a "dumb raver" and they'll keep all the really cool "ART" from you forever. Just remember not to fit within the "normal parameters" and you'll be ok...you should have lots of fun on our continent cause we are not doomed unlike the rest of the war-mongering world.

I would give you a list of what is considered art by the "real burners" but as Robert Anton Wilson would say: “If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit." :wink:
JackitUp

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Music is art.

Period.

But only the "live' stuff, with real instuments and /or vocals ya' know ?

Thus Prince was able to call himself "the artist", and ya can't argue with Prince on this board because he isn't here, and neither is Dave.

"DJs" are NOT artists however, no matter how much they want to mix it up they didn't make the music, so they are still just DJs.
Some people call mixing an artform but I find it akin to being able to paint with a paint-by-numbers kit from wal-mart.
Anty tardo can do it.

I think that music can be ultimate exression of art, but it isn't always that way, but everyone here can have thier own opinion on that regardless, and you are free to express it openly, no matter how wrong it is.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Goes to show ya........

It's all in the "eyes" of the beholder....... Kinda like beauty........... 8)
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby neuronaut » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:32 pm

This has all gone silly and sideways. I shall find some friends and work with them.

I do have to say that this forum and it's occupants are shockingly rude and sophomoric.

Peace.

8)
neuronaut

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:36 pm

Don't let the door hit cha' where the good lord split cha' !!!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby teknoid » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:51 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:Music is art. Period.
But only the "live' stuff, with real instuments and /or vocals ya' know ?

ahem, well i suppose then that the nazis also were right in deciding which art is "real art" and which is just worthless trash, created by "subhuman 'tardos"?

oneeyeddick wrote:"DJs" are NOT artists however, no matter how much they want to mix it up they didn't make the music, so they are still just DJs.
Some people call mixing an artform but I find it akin to being able to paint with a paint-by-numbers kit from wal-mart.
Anty tardo can do it.

of course! it is your right to have this opinion, no matter how wrong you are. :)
teknoid

Postby littleflower » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:55 pm

have i ever mentioned how deeply satisfying and joyful it is to take a good crap??

it's art, i tell you ... and if i'm feeling it some morning on the playa, i'll let you know, so you can watch! truly a thing of beauty.
littleflower

Postby littleflower » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:57 pm

oops, double post :twisted:
littleflower

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:11 pm

everyone is right.

read my post thoroughly, i spend at least HALF of my time in a big sound camp.

i'm sort of a human metronome. it annoys some people, bungees help.

to the matter at hand,

music is art, and dj's can be artists, i have witnessed moments brought on by the masterful use of sound, electronic or human or both that have been akin to a spiritual experience, and often the participants claim a similar feeling.

this binds us to the moment and the stimuli, whatever that may be.

it is a performance, there is a symbiotic relationship between the crowd, the dance, and the person making that happen.

in the future, dj's will be accepted, just as photographers were looked down upon....Harry Crosby, on of my all time heros and neer-do wells took up the hobby early, and pushed the notion that it's not the tool, it's the tool using it....(i just couldn't resist, sorry) It is an Expression of the human condition in one form or another, whether through song or dance or words or paint, it's all art.

again, it is not to diminish anyone's mad skillz.

art can be very personal and small, sometimes only for an audience of two, or less.

on the playa it can be on a scale previously unimaginable.

my post was intended to mix up the two....rave kids, spend some time exploring the rest of burning man, and what it is all about....it's about what you make it to be.

old timers, you know you like shaking that ass, and sometimes it is an art form to get it outta the chair to do so.

each without the other would be less than the whole, deep down i think we all know this.

freaks is freaks.
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby JackitUp » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:13 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:But only the "live' stuff, with real instuments and /or vocals ya' know ?

"DJs" are NOT artists however, no matter how much they want to mix it up they didn't make the music, so they are still just DJs.
Anty tardo can do it.

Sorry, but I have to disagree, even if I'm wrong. :wink:

If you have ever heard someone like Ron Hardy(rip), Francois Kervokian, Ben Sims, Derrick May, Laurent Garnier, Kevin Saunderson, Theo Parrish, I could go on forever....then you would know that it's not something that "any tardo" can do. I have yet to hear mixing of that quality on the playa. It is an artform but you won't appreciate it as such if your ears are not tuned. And all of the dj's mentioned play their own productions as well as other people's music, but even if they didn't there is an art to mixing even when it's just other people's music. They each have their own timing, delivery, programming, technique, dynamic use of eq's, volume, harmony, etc, etc. It's just some people can hear it and others can't or don't care. You can take people on a journey with dips and peaks and surprises or you can just play the bang bang continuously as loud as possible for 2 hours. There IS a difference...

I guess if you've only had Lipton tea in crappy diners all your life you wouldn't get the point of a japanese tea ceremony.
JackitUp

Postby teknoid » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:everyone is right.

my post was intended to mix up the two....rave kids, spend some time exploring the rest of burning man, and what it is all about....it's about what you make it to be.
old timers, you know you like shaking that ass, and sometimes it is an art form to get it outta the chair to do so.

each without the other would be less than the whole, deep down i think we all know this.

YAY! we can agree on that one!

by the way: born in 69, first burn in 96; i enjoy all it's elements, from interactive activities to exploring the art, and most of all the precious encounters with the lovely inhabitants of BRC and the beautiful desert! i just happen to have a very deep passion for a certain type of electronic music and dancing ... what does that make me? an old time raver kid?

just dig beyond the surface, and the illusion of stereotype will fall away. :)
teknoid

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:35 pm

I am a Dick and there is no illusion there.

I like all teas that don't have cinnamon in them.
oneeyeddick

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:44 pm

i always thought one eyed dick sounded alot better than one eyed richard.

so i guess you've been a dick all of your life and your mom made you a dick, so you'll always be a dick.

thats rich.
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:49 pm

You nailed it on the head .

It was my great grandfather's name also.
oneeyeddick

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:08 pm

then chances are we have shared a similar experience, the strange sensation of looking upon ones name, etched in stone, standing in dirt.

i remember the first and only time very well.
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Yup, First funeral I went to.

I was young and I thought were were all going to a Johnny Cash concert or something.
oneeyeddick

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 Art & Performance