2009 BRC Playa Portraits

2009 BRC Playa Portraits

Postby OwenAKelly » Sun May 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Hello fellow burners,

My name is Owen. This will be my fifth year attending BM. I have created functional art installations every year I have attended. These installations were more utilitarian based and used within the camp. These projects have progressively grown. Last year I started the 2008 BRC Playa Portraits. This project fell in line with the American Dream due to Polaroids stop of production. I created portraits and gifted the original polaroid to the individual participants.
This year, I am continuing the BRC Playa Portraits. Orienting it to this years theme, I am 'Evolving the daylight studio I built last year to accommodate much larger subjects. Please visit my website at [url]www.owenakelly.com[/url] to view last years project (2008 BRC Playa Portraits) and/or my proposal & diagrams for this years project (2009 BRC Playa Portaits). All portraits are photographed on 4x5 type-55 Polaroid. The original 4x5 Polaroid is gifted to the participant. Photography created will shown in galleries/museums and compiled into a fine art book displaying the wonderous creative social tapestry of Black Rock City.
On an end note, Burning Man has changed my life in positive stimulating way. Every year I attend (and later recover), I begin plans for what I will create the next year. It has helped me blossom as an artist and I now wrap my life in it. I have been working on the 2009 BRC Playa Portraits since January, putting diagrams together and proposals seeking monetary and material support through various organizations and the private sector. I look forward to any comments or suggestions you have. Please don't hesitate to contact me.

All the Best,
Owen A Kelly

www.owenakelly.com
owen@owenakelly.com | 775 722 1311
LA, SF, LT-NV
OwenAKelly

Re: 2009 BRC Playa Portraits

Postby HeironymousJosch » Sun May 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Thanks for your contribution and I hope I find you on the playa this year!
HeironymousJosch

Postby dj_john69 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Very cool.
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!
dj_john69

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

Thank you

Postby SkeletonMan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:29 am

Dear Owen

I was one of the lucky basterds that coming by your studio.

Just wanted to thank you for your work & for taking the time to take my picture. I forwarded the picture from the playa to my girlfriend and she is very happy with it.

So am I.

So your contribution has made a lasting impression. Thanks!

/michael
SkeletonMan

Burning Since: 2007

Return to 2009 Art & Performance