iPhonia - tiny fingered musicians wanted

iPhonia - tiny fingered musicians wanted

Postby Eric2 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:11 am

Hi

Anyone fancy plugging their iPhone/iTouch musical instruments into a mixing board and PA on the Playa?

The configuration of the event would depend on the number of people interested. The mixing board can accommodate 8 players at a time.

Some of the music kit for iPhone is quite excellent and it should be possible to get a good sound. Or things could degenerate into an Ocarina orchestra.

For the purposes of inclusion, other tiny electronic instruments also welcome.

Apple says an iPhone is OK up to 95 degrees F.while turned on, so probably best to keep the device turned off during the day.

Let me know on or off list if you might be interested in participating and we can take it from there, according to the level of interest.

Best

Eric
London
Eric2

Postby Barbie » Fri May 08, 2009 11:46 am

I've got one maybe two we can play with on the Playa! Sounds like fun!
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!
Barbie

Postby Horace » Fri May 08, 2009 11:50 am

It's pretty obvious it will degenerate.

I'm in.
Horace

Postby Captain Goddammit » Fri May 08, 2009 7:59 pm

I think I still remember how to play "Mary Had A Little Lamb" on a touch-tone keypad.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm Going To Hawaii Instead

Postby unjonharley » Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Mary Had A Little Lamb your butt.

That Lambaphile knows how to play all the sheep, songs.

Are we going to have to put up with him again this year on the playa? He was pretty ugly to see before surgery.. Now I have to look @ him with my new eyes.
unjonharley

iPhonia Update

Postby Eric2 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:35 pm

iPhonia is scheduled alongside the Prince Dance Evening at Playa International on Thurdsay evening. 3.30 and F, in Barbie Death Village.

----------

If you are taking your iPhone/iPod Touch to the playa, grab a music app and plug in to the PI mixing desk and PA system.

Micro electronica/glitch/dubstep/grime/ambient/whatever

This is scheduled for sometime Thursday. But I expect a practice session would be needed before then.

The configuration of the event would depend on the number of people interested. I will bring a few audio leads, and there should be power available for charging.

Some of the music kit for iPhone is quite excellent and it should be possible to get a good sound. Or things could just degenerate into an Ocarina orchestra.

For the purposes of inclusion, other tiny electronic instruments also welcome.

Apple says an iPhone is OK up to 95 degrees F.while turned on. Up to 110ish when turned off. (And you know you ain't going to be leaving it at home.)

I've put a couple of samples of what can be done in 5 minutes with no particular experience on MySpace. The first (iPhonia 2) features 2 iPhones with Beatmaster and Noise.io apps. This took a minimal amount of thought and about 4 minutes to put together.

http://www.myspace.com/maxloadmusic

The second (iPhonia1) features 5 instruments and absolutely no thought whatsoever. This is probably more like what would happen in real life, but could obviously improve with practice.

(Seriously, this is shit. You don't need to tell me. Together we can do better.)

I've half set up a group on Facebook called iPhonia with some notes on available software.

3 of us could do something fun and dancey with the right apps. A big bunch of us could really annoy people!

Eric/Max
Eric2

Postby buddhawithagun » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:18 pm

I'm SO there!
buddhawithagun

Return to 2009 Art & Performance