Reno we need Room to build an ART CAR

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Sun May 24, 2009 9:54 am

OK, you're kidding me, right?!?!?!.....

THIS!.... Is what all of the exitement is about?!?!?!........

YAWN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun May 24, 2009 10:08 am

I am surprised DMV passed that last year.... I guess anyone with a bus can just bring it , without any real significant mutation or attempt to cover the base vehicle.

Looking at the width, I don't think they are gonna be waking anyone up in the camping areas, as they are not allowed to cruise up and down the streets being that wide.

Sorry Toolmaker..........you can put your tire valve removal tool back in your backpack. :cry:
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby ygmir » Sun May 24, 2009 10:11 am

I was envisioning him, wrapped in lavender sack cloth, attacking with his "sidewall penetrating ninja sword"......

but, that's just my vision.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Toolmaker » Sun May 24, 2009 10:19 am

oneeyeddick wrote:I am surprised DMV passed that last year.... I guess anyone with a bus can just bring it , without any real significant mutation or attempt to cover the base vehicle.

Looking at the width, I don't think they are gonna be waking anyone up in the camping areas, as they are not allowed to cruise up and down the streets being that wide.

Sorry Toolmaker..........you can put your tire valve removal tool back in your backpack. :cry:

That was someone else that mentioned tires. Rather than make more work for DMV via vehicle removal (tho it would make for a bigger and better car-b-q) I woulda just snipped some wires and been done with it. We have had enough problems with abandoned vehicles on the playa, some mutants that die and the owners can't afford to remove or whatever.

Speaking of which..

Rabbit: If you plan on burning your bus at the end of its life as you mentioned you do realize that you have to remove all traces of the burn and the vehicle. We would enjoy the fire though, I'd be glad to help you in any with a controlled burn of that monstrosity you call an art car.

IF I were working DMV I would make damn sure that vehicles were properly mutated.. or at least an attempt was made at mutation. I think we have enough party barges now that we can be picky. Purple palace in and this monster OUT!

PS I did get turned down for a ride as well.. BUT I had figured that they were at capacity. I realize that often vehicles after all the work can only hold 10-20 ppl sometimes. It looks like an older bus and the suspension will likely die a horrible death if they put too many people on it.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Re: Ok Ok Ok Hold on a minute...

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Sun May 24, 2009 10:57 am

White Rabbit wrote:I am the art car designer and owner. Duff dog brings the sound system. His attitude is not reflective of mine or of the concepts behind my project. I would be curious to see any of you criticize me or my previous posts. The point I am making is just because someone has a computer and a link to this thread with the mindset of pissing people off or talking about whatever they choose to talk about doesnt mean you should base all of your ideas upon such a fragile rock. I drive it where I say it goes It depicts what I say it depicts and more importantly it plays where I tell it to play, and I, know the rules of the city I call Home and I respect them.
Just becuase people have fingers and can type doesnt make it truth.

P.S. I found a place to build, thank you to those who need to be thanked.

And just one last comment, White Rabbit.... Sure, YOU didn't spew the nastiness, but your teammate did. And it wasn't until the DMV commented that you crawled out of your hole to shut him up........ This thread is a reflection on you, and your project unfortunately.

Ya should have just let this thread die, as it was doing.........

Anyway, good luck with all of that..............
TITWI

thisisthatwhichis

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun May 24, 2009 1:35 pm

* Envisions White Rabbit talking to Duff Dog *

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0t57WTDWmQ&feature=related[/youtube]
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby JRoyale » Sun May 24, 2009 4:11 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:I am surprised DMV passed that last year.... I guess anyone with a bus can just bring it , without any real significant mutation or attempt to cover the base vehicle.

I went and took a look at our records and Wonderland was only granted a night license last year. Apparently it was suitably lit for night operation.

As for the width issue, I can only see one side picture, but their DMV application claims there were multiple platforms. If there as a matching platform on the left side, that would have exceeded our 13' max width for streets (It's actually a little more complicated then that, so don't quote it back to me some day without a more detailed discussion) and it should have been restricted to playa only.

As for the DMV and "party barges", it's a tough issue and I don't want to threadjack, so if you want to discuss that topic, you should start another thread. That said, I'm disappointed to hear that some Burners felt White Rabbit was overly selective in deciding which people could board his vehicle. One of the reasons party barges get cut some extra slack is because they are assumed to have a very permissive boarding policy.
JRoyale

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Sun May 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Thank You, JRoyale, and all of the other DMV hotties...... for what you do............

TITWI

thisisthatwhichis

Postby duffdog » Mon May 25, 2009 9:57 am

thisisthatwhichis wrote:OK, you're kidding me, right?!?!?!.....

YAWN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....

Since you asked nicely-- No, is not what anyone would call a very well built ...Ok, so I don't have a very good adjective for "it". Hence it is going to be rebuilt much better...duh. You don't actually think that it will be left like that picture do you? Hence the term "build" a mutant vehicle.

I think that the bus from 2008 is an excellent platform for building something cool this year. That and we will have a 50kva generator which can power my sound system. The two gas units only allowed me about 25kva of juice, which was not enough.
duffdog

Postby ibdave » Mon May 25, 2009 10:20 am

duffdog wrote:

YAWN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....

Since you asked nicely-- No, is not what anyone would call a very well built ...Ok, so I don't have a very good adjective for "it". Hence it is going to be rebuilt much better...duh. You don't actually think that it will be left like that picture do you? Hence the term "build" a mutant vehicle.

I think that the bus from 2008 is an excellent platform for building something cool this year. That and we will have a 50kva generator which can power my sound system. The two gas units only allowed me about 25kva of juice, which was not enough.

Duffdog, what happen?? Did White Rabbit get your tounge?? Were you issued a gag order from your campmate? :roll: :roll: :idea:

Bring back to old duffdog, we like playing with the old one.... :? :?
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby wedeliver » Mon May 25, 2009 10:24 am

duffdog wrote:

YAWN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....

I really appreciate your efforts. The sound system "sounds" incredible. I hope to see and hear you this year.

Thanks
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Postby duffdog » Mon May 25, 2009 10:37 am

70,000 watts.. doesn't look like it. I also didn't see any harley vtwin generator. There is a vtwin generator made in china. I'd be interested in the harley version if it exists.

Well then, I shall list my amplifier compliment and let you decide:

10 Crown XTI4000
5 Crown XS1200
3 SamsonSX2400
2 SamsonSX2800
1 Crown XS900
4 Crown XTI2000

How many watts is that sir? In 2008 I only used 30KW amplifier power.

Oh, and I can't believe that you didn't see the monstrosity 15kw vtwin generator on the back of the bus that takes 4 (yes 4) people to lift. I have since sold it because it was too ridiculous.

You have actually offended me with that little remark there, Toolmaker. I will therefore purchase a completely different 30~40Kw sound system for white rabbit to use on his MV in a law abiding and polite manner which complies with all rules and regulations set forth by the department of mutant vehicles. You will not be able to attach me to white rabbits MV in any way because I will not be anywhere near it or have anything to do with it.

You will still be seeing me!

:wink:
duffdog

Postby Toolmaker » Mon May 25, 2009 2:02 pm

duffdog wrote:

70,000 watts.. doesn't look like it. I also didn't see any harley vtwin generator. There is a vtwin generator made in china. I'd be interested in the harley version if it exists.

You have actually offended me with that little remark there, Toolmaker.

I would certainly love to see a harley davidson vtwin powered genny. I absolutely love homemade stuff of all sorts. I did look around the internet and the only vtwin engine generators I could find were made in China.

I am glad to hear that you are going to go off on your own with a MV to blast 70,000 watts in residential areas regardless of what you have been advised in the thread by particiapants in our community AND by volunteers with DMV.

I will have my wire cutters and I'm sure others will have their tire stem tools etc for violators of the 300 watt policy. You are not the first person to come to BRC with the express intent of disrupting our community and you won't be the last. Just keep in mind that the lack of "rules" and "enforcement" that allow ppl like you to get away with your attacks on our community also allow for the citizens of our fair city to respond in kind. Your Burningman experience will only be what you make of it. Do you REALLY want to be remembered as "that asshole" that got ejected from the event for failing to have any respect for the other 49900 people in the community? Do you really want to risk impounding of your vehicle or being hassled by LEOs? Personally I don't see why its such a big deal for you to be able to blast 70,000 watts in residential areas. Is this some sort of protest against our communities policies on sound camps and sound based mutants? If anything all you would accomplish in the end is further restrictions placed on mutants and more rules for the event for next year. You certainly won't get away with blasting 70,000 watts along our cities streets for long. You just better pray that the Rangers or DMV spank you before some random person in our community spanks you. Someone random might leave more marks.
Toolmaker

Postby duffdog » Mon May 25, 2009 2:26 pm

Toolmaker wrote:
duffdog wrote:

I would certainly love to see a harley davidson vtwin powered genny. I absolutely love homemade stuff of all sorts. I did look around the internet and the only vtwin engine generators I could find were made in China.

I am glad to hear that you are going to go off on your own with a MV to blast 70,000 watts in residential areas regardless of what you have been advised in the thread by particiapants in our community AND by volunteers with DMV.

I will have my wire cutters and I'm sure others will have their tire stem tools etc for violators of the 300 watt policy. You are not the first person to come to BRC with the express intent of disrupting our community and you won't be the last. Just keep in mind that the lack of "rules" and "enforcement" that allow ppl like you to get away with your attacks on our community also allow for the citizens of our fair city to respond in kind. Your Burningman experience will only be what you make of it. Do you REALLY want to be remembered as "that asshole" that got ejected from the event for failing to have any respect for the other 49900 people in the community? Do you really want to risk impounding of your vehicle or being hassled by LEOs? Personally I don't see why its such a big deal for you to be able to blast 70,000 watts in residential areas. Is this some sort of protest against our communities policies on sound camps and sound based mutants? If anything all you would accomplish in the end is further restrictions placed on mutants and more rules for the event for next year. You certainly won't get away with blasting 70,000 watts along our cities streets for long. You just better pray that the Rangers or DMV spank you before some random person in our community spanks you. Someone random might leave more marks.

In response to your question of "Why do any of this?" --->The answer is simple. It is the answer to most questions ever asked since the beginning of time: "because I can." :) I find it odd that you think I just don't like everyone-- on the contrary, it is just you I don't like. I never said anything or even hinted toward upsetting other people who actually have a sense of humor. I don't get why you feel that I have a need to upset everyone and get kicked out. I get far more joy out of terrorizing an individual to their wits end and seeing them breakdown in utter frustration and tears while being simultaneously loved by everyone else.

There are other ways to violently wake someone up with sound than with a very expensive sound system. For instance, I could very well get a surplus train horn and connect it to a gas powered air compressor enclosed in an impenetrable cage made of tool steel and place it outside your tent window. I think it would be more interesting if I made the engine radio controlled so that I could stop and start it remotely. Or, I could be even meaner and make the cage electrified so that any attempts to disable the train horn resulted in injury or permanent damage to equipment...

But you will just have to see. :wink:

I hope you have a fantastic day!
duffdog

Postby JRoyale » Mon May 25, 2009 3:04 pm

duffdog wrote: I get far more joy out of terrorizing an individual to their wits end and seeing them breakdown in utter frustration and tears while being simultaneously loved by everyone else.

Duff, I'm thinking that when White Rabbit brings Wonderland into the DMV for inspection, it would probably improve his chances of getting a license if you stay back in camp. Just sayin'.

JR
DMV Council
JRoyale

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon May 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Probably a good suggestion.

And to think, after seeing that, Tieland was denied last year. Oy.

If you want to see pics of Tieland (and the rest of the Barbiebarians) go to www.barbiedeathcamp.com . But don't say I didn't warn you. NSFW.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby ygmir » Mon May 25, 2009 6:15 pm

duffdog wrote:In response to your question of "Why do any of this?" --->The answer is simple. It is the answer to most questions ever asked since the beginning of time: "because I can." :) I find it odd that you think I just don't like everyone-- on the contrary, it is just you I don't like. I never said anything or even hinted toward upsetting other people who actually have a sense of humor. I don't get why you feel that I have a need to upset everyone and get kicked out. I get far more joy out of terrorizing an individual to their wits end and seeing them breakdown in utter frustration and tears while being simultaneously loved by everyone else.

There are other ways to violently wake someone up with sound than with a very expensive sound system. For instance, I could very well get a surplus train horn and connect it to a gas powered air compressor enclosed in an impenetrable cage made of tool steel and place it outside your tent window. I think it would be more interesting if I made the engine radio controlled so that I could stop and start it remotely. Or, I could be even meaner and make the cage electrified so that any attempts to disable the train horn resulted in injury or permanent damage to equipment...

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon May 25, 2009 7:39 pm

I already got dibbs on attempting to flood the entire Playa......

ONE EJACULATION AT A TIME !!!
oneeyeddick

Postby dj_john69 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:12 pm

JRoyale wrote:
duffdog wrote: I get far more joy out of terrorizing an individual to their wits end and seeing them breakdown in utter frustration and tears while being simultaneously loved by everyone else.

Duff, I'm thinking that when White Rabbit brings Wonderland into the DMV for inspection, it would probably improve his chances of getting a license if you stay back in camp. Just sayin'.

JR
DMV Council

You're a complete fucking joke for flexing your internet muscles. Are you seriously that much of a bitch ?? I hope not.

Most of the posters of here are dumb cunts anyways especially that pussy from Florida !!!!!!!!!!!

Just sayin'
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!
dj_john69

Camp Name: Root Society & Apex

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon May 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Coming from someone that has such a nevative signature line makes it all the more effective.

Bravo, you are officially an E-thug.

*yawns...then sctratches balls*

I guess we know where the said vehicle is being built now...Spanish Springs, NV.... at dj_johnny's house.

:roll:
oneeyeddick

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Mon May 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Mmmmm.... What is it with this fuckin Duff guy..... White Rabbit, ya need a leash, or I know if that thing even gets on Playa........ well, no one will be happy............
TITWI

thisisthatwhichis

Postby ygmir » Mon May 25, 2009 8:31 pm

thisisthatwhichis wrote:Mmmmm.... What is it with this fuckin Duff guy..... White Rabbit, ya need a leash, or I know if that thing even gets on Playa........ well, no one will be happy............

is it me nose what smells a sock(s)?...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Toolmaker » Mon May 25, 2009 8:32 pm

duffdog wrote:
Toolmaker wrote:
duffdog wrote:

In response to your question of "Why do any of this?" --->The answer is simple. It is the answer to most questions ever asked since the beginning of time: "because I can." :) I find it odd that you think I just don't like everyone-- on the contrary, it is just you I don't like. I never said anything or even hinted toward upsetting other people who actually have a sense of humor. I don't get why you feel that I have a need to upset everyone and get kicked out. I get far more joy out of terrorizing an individual to their wits end and seeing them breakdown in utter frustration and tears while being simultaneously loved by everyone else.

Thats a pretty intelligent response from your camp. So in summation you decided to build this mutant with the express purpose of driving through residential areas balsting 70,000 watts because of lil ol me. I think not. For one I don't know you. Second you had planned on this violation of our communities guidelines before I even said word one to you. So in your camps infinite wisdom you are now threatening to electrocute participants and volunteers in our community who may take action against you for violating our community guidelines that your camp has agreed to previously with your application for a license. Hmm.. this thread gets juicier with each further revelation of the true purpose of your mutant. In case you didn't know you must follow federal and local laws while in our community. It should say something to this effect on your ticket. I guess the Rangers and LEOs should be wary when approcing your MV for violations that you keep assuring us about. After all you now want to seriously injure or kill participants and volunteers in our community that may enforce our community guidelines. You sir are wayy better than the guy from last year. It really is nice of you to inform us in advance so corrective measures can be taken before you injure someone in our community. You just couldn't be happy with harassment of our communities citizens but now you want to injure them. You do realize that art that is considered "dangerous" needs further inspection. This is not limited to fire art rather anything that could result in death or injury.

Don't try to pass off the fact that you sir are an asshat of the highest magnitude on the fact that I advised you of our community guidelines in reference to sound limits in our city streets. You did this last year without my having anything to do with your actions. You plan on doing this sort of thing this year regardless of my input warning you of potential consequences.

dj_john69 wrote:
JRoyale wrote:

JR
DMV Council

You're a complete fucking joke for flexing your internet muscles. Are you seriously that much of a bitch ?? I hope not.

Most of the posters of here are dumb cunts anyways especially that pussy from Florida !!!!!!!!!!!

Just sayin'

This must be another one of the campmates trying to defend their camps pvt mutant rolling rave barge. Good job buddy! Its nice to see what some folks wish to evolve into. I'd like you n duff to have the stones to say that crap when you swing by DMV for your license.

Oh and if you twits even THINK about rolling that thing without a license you will learn an even harsher lesson in life.

Do yourselves and your campamtes a big favor. STFU and keep that thing on the open playa. And if you twits DO injure or kill any of our volunteers OR participants with the planned addition to your MV I really hope I am there to witness the beatdown. Pray to your higher power that the Rangers are on hand to save you from the rest of us in BRC.
Toolmaker

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Mon May 25, 2009 8:42 pm

ygmir wrote:
thisisthatwhichis wrote:Mmmmm.... What is it with this fuckin Duff guy..... White Rabbit, ya need a leash, or I know if that thing even gets on Playa........ well, no one will be happy............

is it me nose what smells a sock(s)?...........

Don't think so, but if....... It really puts their project in jeopardy...........

This is all going nowhere good....... But jees, what can I say...........
TITWI

thisisthatwhichis

Postby ygmir » Mon May 25, 2009 8:47 pm

supercalifragilisticexpialidotious
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby JRoyale » Mon May 25, 2009 9:26 pm

dj_john69 wrote: Are you seriously that much of a bitch ??

Just so you know, one of my specialties in the department is dealing with problem MVs and their owners. And yeah, I'm that much of a bitch... it comes with the job.

I do suspect Duffdog, like most people of his type, is half poseur and half asshole, and unsurprisingly, I don't like his attitude. Not that his attitude will affect White Rabbit's license, per se.

In case you are unaware, the definition of a Mutant Vehicle is a vehicle whose positive contribution to the event exceeds its negative impact. And blasting out 70,000 watts of bad techno on the back streets at sunrise is a negative impact that simply outweighs any possible positive contribution.

As is any type of "terrorism".

So, if Duffdog comes into the DMV and starts bragging about what a big asshole he's planning on being once the vehicle is licensed... well, yeah, that's going to weigh heavily on our decision. Why should we license something that's just going to cause the Rangers headaches until they drag the vehicle to the impound lot? The Burning Man just doesn't need that kind of crap.
JRoyale

Postby ygmir » Mon May 25, 2009 9:34 pm

JRoyale wrote:
dj_john69 wrote: Are you seriously that much of a bitch ??

Just so you know, one of my specialties in the department is dealing with problem MVs and their owners. And yeah, I'm that much of a bitch... it comes with the job.

I do suspect Duffdog, like most people of his type, is half poseur and half asshole, and unsurprisingly, I don't like his attitude. Not that his attitude will affect White Rabbit's license, per se.

In case you are unaware, the definition of a Mutant Vehicle is a vehicle whose positive contribution to the event exceeds it's negative impact. And blasting out 70,000 watts of bad techno on the back streets at sunrise is a negative impact that simply outweighs any possible positive contribution.

As is any type of "terrorism".

So, if Duffdog comes into the DMV and starts bragging about what a big asshole he's planning on being once the vehicle is licensed... well, yeah, that's going to weigh heavily on our decision. Why should we license something that's just going to cause the Rangers headaches until they drag the vehicle to the impound lot? The Burning Man just doesn't need that kind of crap.

good points.
I'd say, though, that, (probably), they're not naive enough to start bragging to DMV about breaking the rules...........
or the threats they've now implied, more than once.........

I use "they" 'cause, IMHO, if they're not the same person,they are.............interchangeable in attitude and action..........
birds of a feather and all that.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby JRoyale » Mon May 25, 2009 9:43 pm

ygmir wrote:I'd say, though, that, (probably), they're not naive enough to start bragging to DMV about breaking the rules...........
or the threats they've now implied, more than once.........

They're certainly naive enough to start bragging here, so who knows what they are capable of. Sheessh. At this rate they're going to be on double secret probation before they even get to the Gate.
JRoyale

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon May 25, 2009 9:46 pm

If "they" are the same person, then the Mods here can tell, and then they will of course tell the DMV, and this will be over before they even get an approval to bring it to the Playa in the first place.

* sighs.....and then scratches balls again, this time with more vigor *
oneeyeddick

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon May 25, 2009 9:48 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:* sighs.....and then scratches balls again, this time with more vigor *

Oh good. The pigeon soup came off then.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 Art & Performance