Reno we need Room to build an ART CAR

Postby Token » Thu May 21, 2009 4:56 pm

I like this cat. He didn't back much down from the peanut gallery.
User avatar
Token
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:55 pm
Location: Gold Country, CA
Burning Since: 2001

Postby Toolmaker » Thu May 21, 2009 11:17 pm

duffdog wrote:
This guy's a jagov.


I would like to know what a Jagov is...and where you will be camping. That way us "jagov's" can drive by your camp with our 70,000 watt sound system at 6AM and let you know just how wonderful we think you are!


Just remember that the lack of rules that allow you to do that kind of shit also allow for tohers to get even. Don't get too upset if someone you piss off follows you back to your camp and returns the love. Since you can only drive walking speed its not to hard to follow you. OR Are you planning on speeding in our city while you act like an ass driving around camps with 70,000 watts. Aren't things that loud to be limited to certain areas.. say 2 and 10 oclock and deep playa? Maybe someone at DMV should reconsider your permit privilege?

And you fuckstiks wonder why nobody would offer you land. Think before you post when you come back with a new screename in a year or so. If you come to the playa with that attitude rest assured there are equally nasty folks to make sure you don't return. You will only get what you bring in return. Just try coming by where I camp at that hour with 70,000 watts.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Fri May 22, 2009 6:19 am

duffdog wrote:No longer necessary as we have secured an alternate venue, but thank you for your offer. You will hear our art car long before you will see it... that and we haven't welded on the superstructure that will hold the 32 speakers yet.


in which case you may expect numerous sound violation complaints filed against your "art car", for violating the 300 watt limit (as you agreed in writing to obey with your application).

good luck with your experience this year....your highly public "kitten-stomping-screw-the-DMV-(the rules don't apply to us)" attitude is now on your permanent record...

...remember - tire pressure for your MV within BRC is a privilege not a right
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe
 
Posts: 1882
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:08 am
Location: the Oregon Trail

Postby SilverOrange » Fri May 22, 2009 6:46 am

Da Mule wrote:
duffdog wrote:
This guy's a jagov.


I would like to know what a Jagov is...


Did you try saying it out loud?


While looking in a mirror.
User avatar
SilverOrange
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Chelsea

Re: Reno we need Room to build an ART CAR

Postby mdmf007 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:44 am

duffdog wrote:Maybe BM really is about old guys trying to get laid in the desert? :wink:


Young guys too! dont discriminate by age!!
User avatar
mdmf007
Moderator
 
Posts: 5156
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: my computer
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby duffdog » Fri May 22, 2009 10:13 am

Toolmaker wrote:
duffdog wrote:
This guy's a jagov.


I would like to know what a Jagov is...and where you will be camping. That way us "jagov's" can drive by your camp with our 70,000 watt sound system at 6AM and let you know just how wonderful we think you are!


Just remember that the lack of rules that allow you to do that kind of shit also allow for tohers to get even. Don't get too upset if someone you piss off follows you back to your camp and returns the love. Since you can only drive walking speed its not to hard to follow you. OR Are you planning on speeding in our city while you act like an ass driving around camps with 70,000 watts. Aren't things that loud to be limited to certain areas.. say 2 and 10 oclock and deep playa? Maybe someone at DMV should reconsider your permit privilege?

And you fuckstiks wonder why nobody would offer you land. Think before you post when you come back with a new screename in a year or so. If you come to the playa with that attitude rest assured there are equally nasty folks to make sure you don't return. You will only get what you bring in return. Just try coming by where I camp at that hour with 70,000 watts.


I didn't know that your groups of friends personally owned BRC. And don't worry, we will wait until we are right outside of your window to turn it on, that way all your neighbors can be laughing their heads off when you piss all over yourself in the morning when your RV just about vibrates apart. Who knows, we may even offer to cook everyone else around you breakfast just to make sure that we are more popular than you are.

I will get what I bring in return? AWESOME!! I typically bring lots of attractive girls with me and lots of speakers and amplifiers. Does this mean I will get even MORE?!?!-- I'm starting to like your philosophy! Do you have any other tips for me?
Purveyor of Fine 'Soul Crushing Bass'
duffdog
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Postby mdmf007 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:30 am

Can your speakers blow the clothes off of the aforementioned hotties?
User avatar
mdmf007
Moderator
 
Posts: 5156
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: my computer
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby Toolmaker » Fri May 22, 2009 10:46 am

duffdog wrote:
Toolmaker wrote:
duffdog wrote:
This guy's a jagov.


I would like to know what a Jagov is...and where you will be camping. That way us "jagov's" can drive by your camp with our 70,000 watt sound system at 6AM and let you know just how wonderful we think you are!


Just remember that the lack of rules that allow you to do that kind of shit also allow for tohers to get even. Don't get too upset if someone you piss off follows you back to your camp and returns the love. Since you can only drive walking speed its not to hard to follow you. OR Are you planning on speeding in our city while you act like an ass driving around camps with 70,000 watts. Aren't things that loud to be limited to certain areas.. say 2 and 10 oclock and deep playa? Maybe someone at DMV should reconsider your permit privilege?

And you fuckstiks wonder why nobody would offer you land. Think before you post when you come back with a new screename in a year or so. If you come to the playa with that attitude rest assured there are equally nasty folks to make sure you don't return. You will only get what you bring in return. Just try coming by where I camp at that hour with 70,000 watts.


I didn't know that your groups of friends personally owned BRC. And don't worry, we will wait until we are right outside of your window to turn it on, that way all your neighbors can be laughing their heads off when you piss all over yourself in the morning when your RV just about vibrates apart. Who knows, we may even offer to cook everyone else around you breakfast just to make sure that we are more popular than you are.

I will get what I bring in return? AWESOME!! I typically bring lots of attractive girls with me and lots of speakers and amplifiers. Does this mean I will get even MORE?!?!-- I'm starting to like your philosophy! Do you have any other tips for me?


I soo hope you follow through with your threats against our community. You WILL get a wakeup call if you follow through with your plans. I just hope I'm lucky enough to see the community reaction against you. I don't have an RV only a tent BUT you can find me over at the DMV drooling over the mutants. I might even be giving DMV a hand inspecting mutants for compliance if they need me.

You're kinda new to Burningman eh? Someone told you its a giant rave in the desert? I will be on the lookout for your attack on our community. Honestly I don't think you're really that stoopid but one can hope and dream.

I'm soo glad we have soo many wonderful folks FROM DMV on here. I'm sure THEY will also be on the lookout for your 70,000 watt mutant speeding through the streets violating our community guidelines.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Postby duffdog » Fri May 22, 2009 1:09 pm

mdmf007 wrote:Can your speakers blow the clothes off of the aforementioned hotties?


If by "blow", you mean females willingly take off their clothes because our awesomeness prompts them to do so, then yes. There will be a multitude of naked dancing girls for your enjoyment.

Toolmaker,

In your non burning days, do you fill your hours yelling at kids to "get off my lawn" or yelling at immigrants "they're takin' our jobs!" or maybe telling native americans to "get off my land!" ?

Just curious, seeing as how its YOUR burningman and all... Since you own burningman this year, what are you going to tell everyone to do?
Purveyor of Fine 'Soul Crushing Bass'
duffdog
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Postby Toolmaker » Fri May 22, 2009 1:40 pm

duffdog wrote:
mdmf007 wrote:Can your speakers blow the clothes off of the aforementioned hotties?


If by "blow", you mean females willingly take off their clothes because our awesomeness prompts them to do so, then yes. There will be a multitude of naked dancing girls for your enjoyment.

Toolmaker,

In your non burning days, do you fill your hours yelling at kids to "get off my lawn" or yelling at immigrants "they're takin' our jobs!" or maybe telling native americans to "get off my land!" ?

Just curious, seeing as how its YOUR burningman and all... Since you own burningman this year, what are you going to tell everyone to do?


Here are a few things you must have missed that our community has come up with in regard to mutant vehicles.

7. Sound

All vehicles licensed for movement at Black Rock City are subject to the same sound guidelines as theme camps. Sound systems over 300 watts are only allowed to play music at an unrestricted volume in the large-scale sound areas of Black Rock City. When within the city streets, in camping areas, especially later at night, you must turn down your sound to an appropriate level. Also be conscious and respectful of art installations on the open playa, and reduce your volume as you approach.


9. Enforcement

Due to an increase in vehicles, population, and dust it is imperative that all participants adhere to these rules and guidelines. If you cannot follow these simple rules, your vehicle may be impounded, and you may be subject to a fine by law enforcement, or ejection from the event.


Mutant Vehicle Licensing Criteria

In order to be eligible to receive a Mutant Vehicle license, you must:

1. Think about, and tell us, WHY you want to bring a Mutant Vehicle to Burning Man.


Did you mention to the DMV when pre-resgistering that you intend to drive around with over 300 watts in residential areas at 6AM with the express purpose of harassing our community?

You do realize that you must get DMV approval on the playa. You do realize that MANY people from the DMV stop by this board. You do realize that if you follow through with your threats with or without a dmv license you can be removed from our community with your vehicle being impounded. Law Enforcement is also on hand to deal with folks like you that wind up sneaking into our community with the express intent on disrupting our community.

If you choose to ignore our community guidelines and act like an asshole as you have continued to threaten than you will get a wake up call like none other. But please.. feel free to drive around our streets with over 300 watts and see what happens.

I'll be sure to forward your mutant vehicle purpose to the DMV so they can be aware of why you want to have a license on the playa. With so many folks wanting licenses its just not possible to let every mutant roll. Some have to get denied sadly.. hopefully yours will be one of them.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Postby ygmir » Fri May 22, 2009 1:53 pm

duffdog wrote:
This guy's a jagov.


I would like to know what a Jagov is...and where you will be camping. That way us "jagov's" can drive by your camp with our 70,000 watt sound system at 6AM and let you know just how wonderful we think you are!


Image

could duffdog be abbreviated DFD, if, you're a "burner"?.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 pm

duffdog wrote:I will get what I bring in return? AWESOME!! I typically bring lots of attractive girls with me and lots of speakers and amplifiers. Does this mean I will get even MORE?!?!-- I'm starting to like your philosophy! Do you have any other tips for me?
Ah, back in pimp mode. And his definition of "awesome" is more like my definition of *yawn* banal.

One man's meat, ect.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39917
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby EspressoDude » Fri May 22, 2009 2:39 pm

Hopefully this guy can find a place in RENO to "actually" build this thing....Most of the burners I know in RENO would do everything in their power to insure this "art car" will make it as far as it should.....less than half way to Black Rock City
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
User avatar
EspressoDude
 
Posts: 4825
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: the first Vancouver

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri May 22, 2009 2:44 pm

This thread is truly a beautiful thing, we get to watch this guy bury any chances of his huge artcar being given approval by posting all of his attitude and plans right here, on Burning Man's own website, where lots of DMV hotties pay attention to the details, and he probably thinks that his car is SOOoo big and cool that he can just get away with this tirade and still get his vehicle passed ?

Dude, you should ask Doc Pyro how this shit works.

There are DMV hotties reading this right now, and everything you say here will be taken into account when/if you submit your plans to the DMV for approval.

I say these things not because I think you are an asshole...I don't care if you are, and I personally would love to see you swing by and wake up Toolmaker at 6:00 a.M. with your 70,000 watt sound system.
Could you please make the song you do it with "follow the yellow brick road/off to see the wizard" from the Wizard of OZ ?
That would be awesome !!!

But seriously, I think you should be careful what you post here, because it does make a difference.


and I still want to see a picture of your artcar..........
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5589
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Postby JRoyale » Fri May 22, 2009 3:13 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:There are DMV hotties reading this right now, and everything you say here will be taken into account when/if you submit your plans to the DMV for approval.


Indeed we do read the forums.

So DuffDog, or whomever fills out the application for this Mutant Vehicle, you should probably include a note as to why the review committee should disregard what was said in this thread when reviewing your submission. Because a willingness to follow the rules is one of the basic criteria for getting a license.

Or, if you prefer, you can write to us at dmv@burningman.com now so we can clear this matter up in short order.

JR
DMV Council
JRoyale
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:19 pm

Ok Ok Ok Hold on a minute...

Postby White Rabbit » Fri May 22, 2009 3:44 pm

I am the art car designer and owner. Duff dog brings the sound system. His attitude is not reflective of mine or of the concepts behind my project. I would be curious to see any of you criticize me or my previous posts. The point I am making is just because someone has a computer and a link to this thread with the mindset of pissing people off or talking about whatever they choose to talk about doesnt mean you should base all of your ideas upon such a fragile rock. I drive it where I say it goes It depicts what I say it depicts and more importantly it plays where I tell it to play, and I, know the rules of the city I call Home and I respect them.
Just becuase people have fingers and can type doesnt make it truth.

P.S. I found a place to build, thank you to those who need to be thanked.
White Rabbit
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:36 am
Location: Foothills of California

Re: Ok Ok Ok Hold on a minute...

Postby JRoyale » Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm

White Rabbit wrote:Just becuase people have fingers and can type doesnt make it truth.


True, but you can hardly expect not to be called out and asked to explain your intentions when you have a teammate that ... umm... misuses his typing ability.

That said, I'm glad to see you've read the rules, because you better really know them. Now that you've gone and attracted our attention, don't expect a lot of leniency the first time someone files a complaint about you (or your crew) violating the Burning Man rules.

JR
DMV Council
JRoyale
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:19 pm

Re: Ok Ok Ok Hold on a minute...

Postby ygmir » Fri May 22, 2009 4:19 pm

White Rabbit wrote:I am the art car designer and owner. Duff dog brings the sound system. His attitude is not reflective of mine or of the concepts behind my project. I would be curious to see any of you criticize me or my previous posts. The point I am making is just because someone has a computer and a link to this thread with the mindset of pissing people off or talking about whatever they choose to talk about doesnt mean you should base all of your ideas upon such a fragile rock. I drive it where I say it goes It depicts what I say it depicts and more importantly it plays where I tell it to play, and I, know the rules of the city I call Home and I respect them.
Just becuase people have fingers and can type doesnt make it truth.

P.S. I found a place to build, thank you to those who need to be thanked.


White Rabbit, sir:

it is obvious from your posts in this thread, that, you are a humble, self-effacing person.......willing to open your MV to all who wish to ride, or just gaze admiringly at, and, enjoy your lovely creation. Is it the case that anyone who wishes may join in, and/or ride, as long as there is room for safe passage?
That, is very cool.
I can't imagine, with the selfless, friendly attitude of your posts, it would be one of those "members only" creations.......


I can see you must run a tight ship, keeping duffdog on a short leash. I'd have to imagine you reject his seemingly confrontational attitude and narcissistic banter.

An issue I'd see, though, is this:

How can the DMV, being open and intelligent people, be assured you're not just like duffdog, in your thoughts and threats. Assuming you don't have a "sock" relationship with eachother..........
How could anyone know, ( when at some point, you tire of "captaining" your wonderful vessel, for, even super hero's must rest), that, if duffdog takes over, he will then fulfill his ranting, seemingly aggressive, behavior. All, of course, without your knowledge or approval.

I pose this query with hopes it causes pause to consider the ramifications and implications of the repartee that has, so far, been
the majority of the, a most interesting and entertaining, if not informative, thread

Respectfully submitted:
Ygmir
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

The art car is called Wonderland...

Postby White Rabbit » Fri May 22, 2009 4:39 pm

and i assure all of you that when the White Rabbit is finished with Wonderland ...Wonderland shall be no more. It like all things suffers from the inevitable ceasement of thingification...I will burn it like all beautiful art should be released into the all. I love you all and all have a place on my contribution to BRC's public transportation.
White Rabbit
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:36 am
Location: Foothills of California

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri May 22, 2009 4:42 pm

he we go, folks !...........
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5589
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Postby gaminwench » Fri May 22, 2009 5:11 pm

if you search for Ellipsis in 2008 threads, there's a pic of 'Wonderland' the (ahem) art car...lots of speakers, f'sure!
User avatar
gaminwench
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:57 am
Location: Shangri-la
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby ibdave » Fri May 22, 2009 5:28 pm

JRoyale wrote:
oneeyeddick wrote:There are DMV hotties reading this right now, and everything you say here will be taken into account when/if you submit your plans to the DMV for approval.


Indeed we do read the forums.

So DuffDog, or whomever fills out the application for this Mutant Vehicle, you should probably include a note as to why the review committee should disregard what was said in this thread when reviewing your submission. Because a willingness to follow the rules is one of the basic criteria for getting a license.

Or, if you prefer, you can write to us at dmv@burningman.com now so we can clear this matter up in short order.

JR
DMV Council




SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
User avatar
ibdave
 
Posts: 3524
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:09 pm
Burning Since: 1998

Postby ibdave » Fri May 22, 2009 5:36 pm

gaminwench wrote:if you search for Ellipsis in 2008 threads, there's a pic of 'Wonderland' the (ahem) art car...lots of speakers, f'sure!


viewtopic.php?t=23689&highlight=ellipsis


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
User avatar
ibdave
 
Posts: 3524
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:09 pm
Burning Since: 1998

Postby Toolmaker » Fri May 22, 2009 5:43 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:I personally would love to see you swing by and wake up Toolmaker at 6:00 a.M. with your 70,000 watt sound system.
Could you please make the song you do it with "follow the yellow brick road/off to see the wizard" from the Wizard of OZ ?
That would be awesome !!!

But seriously, I think you should be careful what you post here, because it does make a difference.


and I still want to see a picture of your artcar..........


Its gonna have to be the version from The Wiz to give me wood.


ibdave wrote:
gaminwench wrote:if you search for Ellipsis in 2008 threads, there's a pic of 'Wonderland' the (ahem) art car...lots of speakers, f'sure!


viewtopic.php?t=23689&highlight=ellipsis


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


70,000 watts.. doesn't look like it. I also didn't see any harley vtwin generator. There is a vtwin generator made in china. I'd be interested in the harley version if it exists.


I can't figure out which thread is funnier.. this one or the one from last year that was "unjustly denied" for being an atv with blinkys or somesuch. Remember that cat? He wanted someone elses pass or something. LMAO
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Postby ygmir » Fri May 22, 2009 6:55 pm

ibdave wrote:
gaminwench wrote:if you search for Ellipsis in 2008 threads, there's a pic of 'Wonderland' the (ahem) art car...lots of speakers, f'sure!


viewtopic.php?t=23689&highlight=ellipsis


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


that is the pic, and MV, I was thinking........saw it last year.........
And, that's why, I posed the query regarding letting anyone on.............
They totally barred me and a friend, on more than one occasion, saying "the bus is full" (I paraphrase), then, as we stepped back, noted several younger, gooder looking gals and guys welcomed aboard...........hahaha, we were just to "old and ugly" I suppose............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ibdave » Fri May 22, 2009 7:39 pm

ygmir wrote:
ibdave wrote:
gaminwench wrote:if you search for Ellipsis in 2008 threads, there's a pic of 'Wonderland' the (ahem) art car...lots of speakers, f'sure!


viewtopic.php?t=23689&highlight=ellipsis


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


that is the pic, and MV, I was thinking........saw it last year.........
And, that's why, I posed the query regarding letting anyone on.............
They totally barred me and a friend, on more than one occasion, saying "the bus is full" (I paraphrase), then, as we stepped back, noted several younger, gooder looking gals and guys welcomed aboard...........hahaha, we were just to "old and ugly" I suppose............


I guess I'm out of luck for this year then... :roll: :roll:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
User avatar
ibdave
 
Posts: 3524
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:09 pm
Burning Since: 1998

Postby EspressoDude » Fri May 22, 2009 7:49 pm

looks like maybe a 10kw and a 6kw genny...16kw (or maybe a 20kw gnarley-harley in invisible stealth mode).

still don't add up to 70,000 watts.....






thankfully it don't
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
User avatar
EspressoDude
 
Posts: 4825
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: the first Vancouver

Postby ygmir » Fri May 22, 2009 7:54 pm

ibdave wrote:
ygmir wrote:
ibdave wrote:
gaminwench wrote:if you search for Ellipsis in 2008 threads, there's a pic of 'Wonderland' the (ahem) art car...lots of speakers, f'sure!


viewtopic.php?t=23689&highlight=ellipsis


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


that is the pic, and MV, I was thinking........saw it last year.........
And, that's why, I posed the query regarding letting anyone on.............
They totally barred me and a friend, on more than one occasion, saying "the bus is full" (I paraphrase), then, as we stepped back, noted several younger, gooder looking gals and guys welcomed aboard...........hahaha, we were just to "old and ugly" I suppose............


I guess I'm out of luck for this year then... :roll: :roll:


me too. I'm no younger or prettier..........
but,
I have a plan:

I'll walk in backwards and say "goodbye".......they'll think I'm leaving..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby mdmf007 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:37 pm

it doesnt take 70K watts of AC power to power 70K watts worth of speakers. Thats what the capacitors are for - for the spikes
User avatar
mdmf007
Moderator
 
Posts: 5156
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: my computer
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat May 23, 2009 8:43 am

ygmir wrote:They totally barred me and a friend, on more than one occasion, saying "the bus is full" (I paraphrase), then, as we stepped back, noted several younger, gooder looking gals and guys welcomed aboard...........hahaha, we were just to "old and ugly" I suppose............
Well, so Mr. Pimp, who's so bragging about how he's going to bring attractive women to the playa and that this is a contribution to the event, doesn't even let oldsters on? Sweet.


By which I mean, "how sweet to be an idiot, how sweet."


Maybe I should ask about disability access.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39917
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 Art & Performance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests