World Metal & Funk bands seek stage and acceptance.

World Metal & Funk bands seek stage and acceptance.

Postby admbmb » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:06 am

Greetings~

I'm with a band called Niobium and we're trying to team up with a Las Vagas based funk outfit called the Funky Jah Punkys to assault small sections of BRC with something other than techno.
Niobium is darker, brooding groove metal-rock type stuff with a didgeridoo player, hippie song concepts and not one lyric about hating your father.
Funky JahPunky's play a hybrid rebel form of funky-rocky-punky stuff that's a perfect match with Coolio and Ice Cube (whom they've actually worked with).

We're looking for a stage to play on, and we're also looking to NOT fall on deaf ears who just want to trance out to House music.

1. Is there anybody willing to help us out? We'd ideally like to play 2/3 times during the week, which is totally negotiable, and put on 1 to 1 1/2 hour sets each, which is also totally negotiable.
2. I've gotten a few replies as to the legitimacy of our music in BRC, with some saying it'd be refreshing to rock the f**k out on the playa instead of trip the f**k out. I hope more people share this sentiment.

www.myspace.com/niobium <---we have an album coming out in a month with better sounding stuff than what's on here, but it's a general idea.
www.myspace.com/funkyjahpunkys <------already familiar with desert rockings and rocking in deserts.

If you have any leads, or a stage, or just a simple curiosity, please get a hold of me.
Thanks!
the.life.akashic@gmail.com
.adm.bmb.
admbmb

Postby mdmf007 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:44 am

Getting close to commerce - Keep rocking it. I have seen

Beck, Dave Mathews, Don Henley, Eric Clapton, Random Rab, and so many others play BM its mind boggling.

Your music will be appreciated - dont worry about that.
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Re: World Metal & Funk bands seek stage and acceptance.

Postby The Chinese » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:14 pm

[quote="admbmb"]Greetings~

I'm with a band called Niobium and we're trying to team up with a Las Vagas based funk outfit called the Funky Jah Punkys to assault small sections of BRC with something other than techno.
Niobium is darker, brooding groove metal-rock type stuff with a didgeridoo player, hippie song concepts and not one lyric about hating your father.
Funky JahPunky's play a hybrid rebel form of funky-rocky-punky stuff that's a perfect match with Coolio and Ice Cube (whom they've actually worked with).

We're looking for a stage to play on, and we're also looking to NOT fall on deaf ears who just want to trance out to House music.

1. Is there anybody willing to help us out? We'd ideally like to play 2/3 times during the week, which is totally negotiable, and put on 1 to 1 1/2 hour sets each, which is also totally negotiable.
2. I've gotten a few replies as to the legitimacy of our music in BRC, with some saying it'd be refreshing to rock the f**k out on the playa instead of trip the f**k out. I hope more people share this sentiment.

www.myspace.com/niobium <---we have an album coming out in a month with better sounding stuff than what's on here, but it's a general idea.
www.myspace.com/funkyjahpunkys <------already familiar with desert rockings and rocking in deserts.

If you have any leads, or a stage, or just a simple curiosity, please get a hold of me.
Thanks!
the.life.akashic@gmail.com[/quote]
We talked last year, but weren't able to hook it up, but It's definitely a possibiity again this year, TRANSMORPHAGON will be back with a 4500w Soudn System, Stage, backline.!!!! Contact me for details..

Chinese
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

looking for venues in BRC this year...

Postby Lantz Lazwell » Tue May 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Hello my name is Paul Evans from Upmost High Booking Agency ( i am running most of Lantz's online networking sites, myspace, sonicbids, etc....), i work directly with bands such as- Fishbone, Trulio Disgracias (members of Fishbone, P-Funk, and Red-Hot Chili Peppers), George Clinton and the P-Funk All-stars, and most recently Kim Manning and Lantz Lazwell.... i am contacting you about my newest act Kim manning( of George Clinton's P-Funk All-stars) and Lantz Lazwell (of Trulio Disgracias)... they are two accomplished solo artist's that have joined forces and continue to shock audiences across the country with their blend of Rock , Funk and Soul. They are currently on tour in the Mid-West opening for George Clinton's P-Funk All-stars ( Kim is also in the P-Funk All-stars!). I know its a bit close to your deadline on sealing your line-up, but we would love to squeeze into this years Festival.
Lantz has been attending Burning Man for 10 yrs... And has been appart of the Fixxxation Station theme camp for 4 yrs (they are responsible for the Dragonfly Artcar that has been at BM for 4 yrs)... He also has set up his own stage and put together a live music music showcase with bands from all over the world (2 yrs ago) within their theme camp.... Kim has not yet attended Burning Man, due to her constant touring of the World with George Clinton, but she has the spirit of your event running thru her veins.... Help us, by giving them a chance to participate in doing what they do best.... These 2 our some of the top up and comers in the festival circuit right now, but don't take my word for it..... Please check them out for yourself.... heres a link to a video of there performance in Tulsa, with George Clinton and The P-Funk All-Stars.... click and watch-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBOmbQOjYXQ

and here is the links to there myspace and website and EPK's!

http://www.kimmanning.com

http://www.myspace.com/lantzlazwell

http://www.sonicbids.com/LantzLazwell

Please let me know what you think, we are willing to work with you any we can in order to create a working relationship with your organization. We look forward to being appart of the family of great artist to grace your stage! I read your post about your stage, and it sounds like a perfect fit, we very excited about this years burn....

brief sound requirements- we only need 2 or 3 mics, direct box for keyboard, and amplifier for guitar( if necessary we can bring our own amp).... Also we can bring a drummer too.... not sure what u prefer... if the stage is big enough, we have a drum kit as well... But they are very used to performing as a duo.... we will work with your preference...

Also let me know if you have any suggestions of other stages or other Camps we can email about playing... Im trying to set up as many shows as i can for them while they are in Black Rock City.... much appreciated!

Love and Light,

Paul Evans
Love and Light,
Lantz lazwell

to listen to my music or view my Bio click on the links below
http://www.sonicbids.com/LantzLazwell
http://www.myspace.com/lantzlazwell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBOmbQOjYXQ (video with George Clinton)
Lantz Lazwell

Postby ibdave » Tue May 19, 2009 5:59 pm

To whom are you talking to??

Three posts and you act as those your in major talks and ready to sign a contract... EZ boy. Slow down.

Have you ever been to the Playa??
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue May 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Plus, multiple cross posting like that is highly discouraged here.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Finnegan » Sun May 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Eric Clapton

Dammit! Missed that.

Gee, metal huh? That's, um, great? Party on, Garths!
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Return to 2009 Art & Performance