Hardcore or Punk rock at burning man?

Hardcore or Punk rock at burning man?

Postby FilXeno » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Though I found a ska sort of band, a few rock and roll bands, and of course enough electronic music to take over the world, I never ran across any Hardcore or Punk Rock bands. Do any exist out there? Would people find it too angry?
Thanks
-Fil
FilXeno

Postby mamasaid » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Id find it fucking hilarious and would only be able to laugh my ass off!

how can you take anything too seriously out there? eXcept maybe the sun and the dust storms and taking care of one's health?

Let me know where you are playing and I'll bring some choir members to create a crazy polyphonic battle of funny sounds....

I'm sure there would be a crowd that'd love it!

BRC's playa choir director,

Madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Postby dr.placebo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Hmmm. Maybe a punk band in pink tutus doing Jackson Browne covers, that would work.
dr.placebo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Postby Sensei » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Last I heard the DPW had two punk bands.
Sensei

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Despite what you read on this board, it's really hard to sing songs about social injustice when Larry is on top rather than "the Queen" or "Cops."

Now, I'm just wondering if any one is going to give a serious answer, and if so, who.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby pinemom » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Ill bite.

At this point in time and where the world has come to in such a commercial nose ring...I believe with the right PR agent and the click set of wannabe's....anyone can be a rock star!

"It not who you are, its what you wear, because no one really cares who you are anyway"
~unknown~

I had bought up a bunch of boxes at a storage sale once...one of the boxes had those t-shirt's inside...around 25 of them. I gave them to everyone for Christmas.

it was bad.They were so tacky too...green print on lavender, brown print on yellow...horrendous.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby FilXeno » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 am

Yeah thought that'd be quite funny as well. I'm in a Hardcore/psychobilly band, but i doubt we could get one of the three members to go. Mayble I'll just bring some drums and hope for a guitarist who want to stick it to Larry Harvey.
FilXeno

Postby alt12 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:49 pm

you bet, there is actually a punk rock camp....they camp on 2:00 and G (ish). They were there last year and 2 years ago, I believe they're Reno-based, have a bunch of DPW folks in the camp and serve great top-shelf everclear and tang....
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Postby Ms. Stephanie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:56 am

Thanks for the head's up on the punk camp! Last year was my first year, and the Death Guild camp was where I heard by far the best music, and I was hoping to find a punk camp.

Also, I will be camping with Ridazz Camp again this year - we're a group out of LA that rides with the Midnight Ridazz - and I'm hoping to play some good punk in the bar I'm building for our camp. We were at 9th + Dart last year, and I think we've applied for the same location. Stop by if you like proto-punk, punk and post-punk (or even if you don't, it's not all I will be playing): Wire, Television Personalities, The Stooges, Ramones, The Weirdos, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, etc.
Ms. Stephanie

Re: Hardcore or Punk rock at burning man?

Postby DoriumLux » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:59 pm

FilXeno wrote:Though I found a ska sort of band, a few rock and roll bands, and of course enough electronic music to take over the world, I never ran across any Hardcore or Punk Rock bands. Do any exist out there? Would people find it too angry?
Thanks
-Fil

It's welcome. Anything over techno. Love the punk. Haven't come across much in comparison to electronic unless we were blasting it, DPW or DG. Found some good rappers last year though.
DoriumLux

Return to 2009 Art & Performance