Creating something Amazing on the cheap.

Postby EvilDustBooger » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Will there be skirmishes to establish a ruling class; or will anarchy rule the day?

...and who brings the mutton?

Such things should be considered.
EvilDustBooger

Postby littleflower » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:12 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Elliot wrote:So I still like the Goofy Religion idea. Don't forget pointy hats!
:D

Right. Everyone makes their own pointy hat, and the object of worship is a giant green rabbit, called Big Bunny!
Who's in?

forget sacrificial virgin ... now i wanna be earth mother, guardian of the green bunny! i can make a green bunny goddess outfit, and spend all day eating carrots and salad ... as for physical activity, well, we all know what bunnies do...

maybe the sacrificial virgin should be a guy ... hee ...
littleflower

Postby klondike_bar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:32 pm

^hmm. not a bad idea.

sacraficial females will attract old fat guys
sacraficial males will attract leapord prints

sounds like tha male is probably going to experience the lesser of two evils...
klondike_bar

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:10 pm

Bokonon

Bokononism is the fictional religion practiced by many of the characters in Kurt Vonnegut's novel Cat's Cradle.

It is based on living by the untruths that make one happy, called foma. Many of the sacred texts of Bokononism were written in the form of calypsos. The foundation of Bokononism is that all religion, including Bokononism and all its texts, is formed entirely of lies; however, if you believe and adhere to these lies, you will live a happy life.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby falk » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:10 pm

IMHO, cheap is the way to go. I hate all that expensive, obviously-corporate-sponsored art.

The poppy field last year: That was just a bunch of PVC pipe and cheap solar lamps and some orange plastic disks. It probably cost only a tiny fraction of what some of the bigger art did, but it totally blew me away.

A desk in the middle of nowwhere, with just an inbox and an outbox and a green desklamp -- that was awesome.

Small evocative projects are much better than big extravaganzas in my mind.

One of the reasons I hate the big corporate projects is that they upstage the little ones that are actually creative.
falk

Previous

Return to 2009 Art & Performance