Glass Artists for Art Project with Evolutionary Theme?

Glass Artists for Art Project with Evolutionary Theme?

Postby veleda » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi All;

I'm working on a project with a number of other artists to create a temple space exploring evolution. We don't have any glass artists in our group and are wondering if anyone might be interested in participating in such a project or they know someone who might be interested.

Luv n' Rockets;

-Vel
veleda

Postby BetaBox » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:13 am

large softglass or smaller borosilicate? I work with borosilicate and am interested in hearing your thoughts.
BetaBox

Evolutionary Temple

Postby veleda » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Hey there BetaBox!

Do you have a direct email? I would be happy to send you our current vision for the Evolutionary Temple. :)
veleda

Postby gyre » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:22 pm

So what kind of glass artists are you looking for?
gyre

Unsure of types of glass

Postby veleda » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:39 pm

We are doing an art installation for each of the five kingdoms using different art mediums for each.

We are looking for a glass artist or several glass artists to explore the Protozoan Kingdom via that medium. :) We also have some artists that will be bringing live algae in glass tubes for that installation.

I am not too familiar with the differing glass mediums as I've never explored the medium as an artist myself.

This would be part of a larger temple complex exploring evolution for visionary village.

Luv
-Veleda
veleda

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Glass can be stained glass window, slumping a plate, fusing a piece of size an inch to several feet, blown glasses or other vessals, or pressed glass beads.

I'm working on the assumption that all glass makers are nuts, but that may just be Swarovski.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2009 Art & Performance