Mother's Milk evolved

Mother's Milk evolved

Postby wedeliver » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:47 pm

Is this evolution or what...

September 23, 2008

Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, Cofounders

Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc.

Dear Mr. Cohen and Mr. Greenfield,

On behalf of PETA and our more than 2 million members and supporters, I'd like to bring your attention to an innovative new idea from Switzerland that would bring a unique twist to Ben and Jerry's.

Storchen restaurant is set to unveil a menu that includes soups, stews, and sauces made with at least 75 percent breast milk procured from human donors who are paid in exchange for their milk. If Ben and Jerry's replaced the cow's milk in its ice cream with breast milk, your customers-and cows-would reap the benefits.

Using cow's milk for your ice cream is a hazard to your customer's health. Dairy products have been linked to juvenile diabetes, allergies, constipation, obesity, and prostate and ovarian cancer. The late Dr. Benjamin Spock, America's leading authority on child care, spoke out against feeding cow's milk to children, saying it may play a role in anemia, allergies, and juvenile diabetes and in the long term, will set kids up for obesity and heart disease-America's number one cause of death.

Animals will also benefit from the switch to breast milk. Like all mammals, cows only produce milk during and after pregnancy, so to be able to constantly milk them, cows are forcefully impregnated every nine months. After several years of living in filthy conditions and being forced to produce 10 times more milk than they would naturally, their exhausted bodies are turned into hamburgers or ground up for soup.

And of course, the veal industry could not survive without the dairy industry. Because male calves can't produce milk, dairy farmers take them from their mothers immediately after birth and sell them to veal farms, where they endure 14 to17 weeks of torment chained inside a crate so small that they can't even turn around.

The breast is best! Won't you give cows and their babies a break and our health a boost by switching from cow's milk to breast milk in Ben and Jerry's ice cream? Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Tracy Reiman

Executive Vice President

http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Postby betrdanevr » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Well, PETA is a little fucking late to the game, because Sweden has banned the restaurant from doing it:

http://www.swissinfo.org/eng/front.html ... 6&front=br

September 18, 2008 - 1:04 PM Print this story Send this story RSS Feed
Breast milk menu too titillating for diners
Hans Locher, landlord of the Storchen in Winterthur, believes breast is best when it comes to milk
Image caption: Hans Locher, landlord of the Storchen in Winterthur, believes breast is best when it comes to milk (20 Minuten/Aebi)
Related story

Breastfeeding wins mothers' approval

A restaurant has been banned from serving up dishes containing human milk on the grounds that the "ingredient" derives from an unauthorised source.

The Storchen restaurant, in Iberg on the outskirts of Winterthur, had advertised for mothers to sell their breast milk for the special menu. But breastfeeding counsellors had labelled the project unethical.

The idea was eventually scrapped after canton Zurich food inspectors said it broke regulations, and threatened to take action. "Humans are not on the list of authorised milk suppliers such as cows or sheep," said department head Rolf Etter.

But Storchen restaurant landlord Hans Locher was unrepentant about his controversial plan and was disappointed with the ban. "The idea is over now and I think it's totally wrong," he told swissinfo.

etc., etc.
betrdanevr

Postby mojo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:07 pm

EEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mojo

Postby actiongrl » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:50 pm

IF there's any use for un-needed breast milk, I'd think it would be at milk banks for women and the infants whose medical conditions prevent them from breastfeeding those infants directly. There's little medical reason for us to eat milk after we're weaned, but if we have to, animal sources would seem to be more relevant than human sources, if we're going to go there at all, despite the environmental concerns...and the legality of a human source seems ridiculously dicey and the idea reads like an Onion headline.
actiongrl

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:57 pm

Holstein production: The breed currently averages 7655 litres/year (thank you wikipedia)
This is the result of decades, probably centuries of breeding. I don't know how many litres of milk Ben and Jerry's use every year, but it's herds and herds of cattle. You're never going to find enough women to produce that much ice cream.

It will remain a wierd luxury food.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Colonel Monk » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 pm

I don't indulge in ice cream almost EVER, but fuck B&Js, I don't think I'll ever buy chunkey monkey or cherry garcia EVER AGAIN.

I smoke my share of cannabis, but they need to lay off it IMMEDIATELY.

Oh, and veal is quite tasty, I know some people don't like it, to each their own.

y'out

Monk
dust.
Colonel Monk

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:10 pm

I like veal, but I won't eat it. I guess if they killed the calf immediately, rather than keeping in those hellish cages.

But, I'm wondering. That meat that they are going to grow in vats (okay, that's pretty much speculation at this point) will that be veal-like? Because it's the exercise, as I understand it, that makes it more beeflike.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby karine » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:16 pm

OMG, breast milk....
but...
maybe safer than baby formula from China.
karine

Postby actiongrl » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:34 pm

Oh snap, Karine! despite how sad...20K babies hospitalized? Ack!
actiongrl

Postby karine » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:08 am

I can't believe ANYONE thought that was a good idea (to mess with baby formula milk) and/or that NO ONE is taking responsibility. They gotta have some cold-hearted characters in that industry to mess with babies' milk. Lawd!
karine

Postby pizzamancer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:48 am

[quote="karine"]OMG, breast milk.... [/quote]

Brest milk tastes really good though.
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:43 am

TMI
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:27 am

There are no studies done on the effects of long term adult use of human breast milk. Logic would suggest that it's the same as cow's milk.

Udderly delicious straight from the tap!
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:59 pm

I disagree. Logic would dictate that the long term effects would be different. Just like the long term drinking of seal's milk. Or rat milk.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby Toolmaker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:03 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:There are no studies done on the effects of long term adult use of human breast milk. Logic would suggest that it's the same as cow's milk.

Udderly delicious straight from the tap!

I agree..

BUT how will it taste? Not I gotta go find someone preggers and beg for a taste test.

I get an image of a corporate farm for womens milk with the women chained like some 70s prison flick. Poor gals with machinery hooked up to the boobs sucking em dry.. too creepy. Its best if we avoid the venture all together and keep the boob juice for the babies and fetish folk.

I drink the soy milk from Silk.. chocolate is my prefered flavor. Me and dairy dont get along anymore.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby lurker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:16 am

Vat meat is goling to be grown(some of it, anyway) on fabric that will simulate muscle motion, so that it has grain.

And wow, for them Holstiens--can you see the breeding program?

Moo, baby, moo! Who's yer cowboy?
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"
lurker

Postby pizzamancer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:25 am

Toolmaker wrote:BUT how will it taste?

Breast milk is choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend checking it out.

This place is already adding Breast milk to your coffee.
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Postby moesy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:58 am

I'll take my milk from cows thank you, or goats for that matter.

:mrgreen:
)'( Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out.
moesy

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:50 am

Toolmaker wrote:I get an image of a corporate farm for womens milk with the women chained like some 70s prison flick. Poor gals with machinery hooked up to the boobs sucking em dry.. too creepy.

Creepy, yes. But would it sell?
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby wedeliver » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:08 pm

I think to properly harvest mothers milk one would need to treat the mothers in such a manner to encourage milk production. I nice enviroment would help. At milking time the sound of babies crying would probably stimulate milk production.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Postby ZaphodBurner » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm about to throw the fuck up on something.

If B&J wants to make rainbow-flavored ice cream out of breast milk, armpit hair and patchoulli, whatever. Enjoy, I guess. But they're not going to do it.

If PETA wasn't so over the top they'd be competing for attention with Greenpeace, the Humane Society and other significant mainstream animal-rights organizations, so I don't even think -they- seriously considered that B&J would do it. It got them what they wanted, which is publicity.

The absinthe-and-ashes-from-the-Man sno-cones sprinkled with playa dust are better anyway.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Colonel Monk » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:58 pm

[quote="theCryptofishist"]I disagree. Logic would dictate that the long term effects would be different. Just like the long term drinking of seal's milk. Or [b]rat milk[/b].[/quote]

HAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol:

Does anyone remember The Simpsons "Rat Milk" episode? One of my favorites.... :twisted: :twisted:

out there,

Col Monkus Funkus
dust.
Colonel Monk

Postby Toolmaker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:14 pm

pizzamancer wrote:
Toolmaker wrote:BUT how will it taste?

Breast milk is choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend checking it out.

This place is already adding Breast milk to your coffee.

Looks like you can only purchase through a milk bank and you gotta have a script from a doctor.. strange.

Guess I'll try to get the wife to pump.. the neighbor doesn't want to give me some.. she says I'm fucked for asking and to seek professional help LMAO. Than she asked me if her nipples looked to swollen with the tshirt since shes 8 1/2 months preggers. I told her they looked perfect for sucking and she laughed, go figure. Shortly after this convo she was eating friggin pickles and tore through half a jar. Don't get me wrong.. I like pickles.. but half a jar in one sitting!?!

Why do pregger gals eat such wacky diets? Is it a vitamin/nutrient deficiency of some sort that gives em a craving for certain foods that the baby needs?

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Toolmaker wrote:I get an image of a corporate farm for womens milk with the women chained like some 70s prison flick. Poor gals with machinery hooked up to the boobs sucking em dry.. too creepy.

Creepy, yes. But would it sell?

I'm sure.. anything can be sold if marketed properly and to the right crowd. The fetish folk would certainly be into it, makes the whole dressing up in a diaper thing more realistic and whatnot. I would buy it just to try it once so I could say BTDT. No matter how hard I suck the wifes nips I never got any milk. If I keep gaining weight maybe I'll be able to provide milk.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby pinemom » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:52 am

This is a funny Thread!

Human race is so funny!

Even us burners are funny!

Techinically speaking, us humans consuming Cow's or even Goats milk is really absurd!!! No really! We are only suppose to actually drink milk in that first year or two of life. Human milk.
Is designed to stop producing within that time limit. So it goes...if we were SUPPOSE to drink milk beyond that...we'd all be forever sucking momma tit.

Sure I'm strange too...I drink LOTS of cow's milk!

But when people say ewwww Human milk? It just that as a society, that has been deemed only for new borns...why?

When the first humans decided to Milk a cow...Im sure a group of us stood there, laugh/grunted, and said Ouoga Munga, ewwwwwww! U' do it first! I triple T-Rex dare u! I not do it. ewwwwwwwwww

Same goes with Goat and whatever else we seem to be milking!

I have by the way tasted it...as I fed both my kids for 6 months. and they incourage mothers to try it so they know what their feeding their young.

It is pretty much exactly like a flat vanilla milkshake.

Funny that we drink Milk from cow...not really even sweet like our OWN kind.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Yeah, I heard about this...

Postby AC » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:30 am

PETA is just rediculous..

Isn't it true that what ever the mother eats changes the flavor of her breast milk (albeit slightly)? Wouldn't they have to put these women on a strict diet to keep the milk from being spicy or tasting like onions?? The diary cow farmers feed their cows a consistent diet so not to screw with the taste of the milk.

Also, there are many human diseases that can pass through breast milk and infect the recipient.. would they be testing for these as well? I'm not so sure pasturizing could kill all the nasties we people carry around.

besides all this.. it would totally ruin the perfectly healthy addiction I have to Phish Food... mmmmm chocolatey fishes n marsmallow fluff..mmmmm.
AC

Re: Yeah, I heard about this...

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:39 am

AC wrote:I'm not so sure pasturizing could kill all the nasties we people carry around.
As opposed to those wimpy, effete germs cattle have.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Re: Yeah, I heard about this...

Postby betrdanevr » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:48 pm

AC wrote:PETA is just rediculous..

Isn't it true that what ever the mother eats changes the flavor of her breast milk (albeit slightly)? Wouldn't they have to put these women on a strict diet to keep the milk from being spicy or tasting like onions?? The diary cow farmers feed their cows a consistent diet so not to screw with the taste of the milk.

Also, there are many human diseases that can pass through breast milk and infect the recipient.. would they be testing for these as well? I'm not so sure pasturizing could kill all the nasties we people carry around.

besides all this.. it would totally ruin the perfectly healthy addiction I have to Phish Food... mmmmm chocolatey fishes n marsmallow fluff..mmmmm.

You're absolutely spot on.

And let's not forget HIV . . .
betrdanevr

Postby Elderberry » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Well, we could always round up all the poor women and house and raise them like we do now with cows. At least they wouldn't be starving and we could feed them the diet that would make the milk be tasty and nutritious. That might solve half of the problem of all those poor people that are dying in thrid world countries. Seems like a pretty good and humanitarian situation. I think PETA finally has a good idea for a change!

JK
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby karine » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:58 pm

Stars are falling off all of your halos, for sure. ;)
karine

Postby lurker » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:06 am

Maybe this is what PeTa has in mind--

great and weird work by a great and weird sculptor
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"
lurker

Next

Return to 2009 Art & Performance