TWO CAUTIONS - the WEATHER and the ROAD

TWO CAUTIONS - the WEATHER and the ROAD

Postby Bell T. » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Hey all you lovelies,
Please be aware that the weather this year has a likelihood of being quite cold, at least at night. Bring layers and sleeping nummies.

The other thing is for people driving from SF Bay area -- Interstate 80 is under construction. I drove it last week to Tahoe and back. At night. NOT a good idea. The mountain pass heading east is pushed to one side, two lanes, and the road markings are very difficult at night. There are NO SHOULDERS. Best to navigate this in daylight when you are not exhausted. It will be tricky for overloaded vehicles. Did I mention there are NO SHOULDERS? While I'm sure you all are totally together and know what you're doing, there will be those who aren't so good at tying everything down and not overheating. Watch out for them. Give yourself more time. There is also construction around Sacramento with that big BUMP thing where they are resurfacing. This will majorly suck for heavily loaded vehicles.

Get there safe and come see us at Brain Freeze for a frozen margarita. I'll be lookin for ya.

loooooooooove
Buffalo Bell
Flow
Bell T.

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Snivel Gear = if you are camping in the cold, you can pull an extra T-shirt over your head as a sleeping hood.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Re: TWO CAUTIONS - the WEATHER and the ROAD

Postby nielsen522 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:49 am

[quote="Bell T."]Hey all you lovelies,
Please be aware that the weather this year has a likelihood of being quite cold, at least at night. Bring layers and sleeping nummies.

The other thing is for people driving from SF Bay area -- Interstate 80 is under construction. I drove it last week to Tahoe and back. At night. NOT a good idea. The mountain pass heading east is pushed to one side, two lanes, and the road markings are very difficult at night. There are NO SHOULDERS. Best to navigate this in daylight when you are not exhausted. It will be tricky for overloaded vehicles. Did I mention there are NO SHOULDERS? While I'm sure you all are totally together and know what you're doing, there will be those who aren't so good at tying everything down and not overheating. Watch out for them. Give yourself more time. There is also construction around Sacramento with that big BUMP thing where they are resurfacing. This will majorly suck for heavily loaded vehicles.

Get there safe and come see us at Brain Freeze for a frozen margarita. I'll be lookin for ya.

loooooooooove
Buffalo Bell[/quote]

It's better to have a cold weather than having a very hot weather. I experienced once having a very hot weather and there will be scarcity in water and houses got fire and etc. It was really a bad experience for me.
"Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation."
Editor @ fencing equipment
nielsen522

Postby epic_elite » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:40 pm

there's plenty of both on the playa. ^^^
epic_elite

Postby EmilyD » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Thanks so much for the heads up Bell!

Bell T. wrote:Hey all you lovelies,

loooooooooove
Buffalo Bell
EmilyD

Postby Homiesinheaven » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:40 pm

will the construction still be around in 6 months?!
Homiesinheaven

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Of course it will. It's a union job.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Thecatman » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:15 pm

On a serious note? it will continue at least through mid October.
the only time construction will be aborted and the lanes returned to a form of normalniss is during hot august nights
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby Kiro » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:Of course it will. It's a union job.

Kiro

Burning Since: 2017

cooler burn

Postby Driana » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 pm

yup yup, I've had a feeling since last year, that this year would be a little cooler. I went on noaa.gov and cheked the weather forecast today for Gerlach and the high was about 89 with chances of thunderstorms. The lows for the week seem to be around 55. layer up folks!
cheers!
Driana/Ranger Cucumber/Adrian/dj MOM/ate21/VLUM
Driana

Postby geekster » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 am

Homiesinheaven wrote:will the construction still be around in 6 months?!

The entire San Francisco Bay Bridge took three years start to finish using 1930's technology. They have been working for 10 years now on replacing just a part of it. They should be able to figure out a way to extend I-80 construction forever using more modern technology.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby ygmir » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:26 am

geekster wrote:
Homiesinheaven wrote:will the construction still be around in 6 months?!

The entire San Francisco Bay Bridge took three years start to finish using 1930's technology. They have been working for 10 years now on replacing just a part of it. They should be able to figure out a way to extend I-80 construction forever using more modern technology.

"it's funny, because, it's true".......
+1

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Clar-i-ty » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Bell T. wrote:Hey all you lovelies,

loooooooooove
Buffalo Bell

Is that one stretch still super loud?
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Return to 2009 Theme