2 week long

Postby Elliot » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:43 pm

I love living in Black Rock City. My kind of life style. One week is not enough. Enjoyed a couple extra days when I organized a Theme Camp (Kinetic Sculpture Racing Camp) in 2007.

But I do have a secret weapon. Her Name is Millicent. Millicent is a 40-foot Blue Bird school bus with extra high roof. Practically unlimited food, water, clean clothes, shower, flush toilet.... And never bothered by wind. One of my best BM memories is from when a whole bunch of people piled into Millicent for shelter from a dust blow in 2007. Cozy!
Decommissioned school buses are a real bargain, and perfect "RVs" for BM. Amazing the art and stuff you can haul in one -- specially if you make a "garage door" in the back. Wanna lag-bolt some two-by-fours onto the side of it? Go right ahead -- no harm done!

So two weeks for $500,- would be of interest to me, yes.
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar

---Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!---

Thanks for a fabulous 2015, with 494 bicycles repaired! We shall do this again next year, for sure.

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service

How long can you stay before getting kicked out?

Postby Gravity Girl » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:52 am

it was my first burn, i wasn't with a theme camp, we arrived monday morning and left on tues the 2nd. the last night there with so many people gone was really different, and lots of fun (thank you lamplighters for an awesome bar and the band that was playing for awesome music). i'd of gladly spent another night or two.

but when do they start taking away the portapotties, and at what point do you have to leave?

(i was in a school bus too. her name is Ursula - no indoor shower or toilet, but definetly a nice place to store stuff)
Gravity Girl

Postby roamer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:55 am

Most of the porta-potties at 3:00ish were zip-tied by Monday afternoon. They left a couple open in each set. I didn't see any queues when I was there.

I left the playa on the Wednesday morning last year and the playa was very empty. I think the folks remaining were mainly DPW, center camp breakdown crew, and playa restoration, besides a few weary stragglers from larger theme camps.
Doing my bit to put the play in playa
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: The Rising Arms Pub

2 week long?

Postby gyre » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:47 pm

A longer burning man?

Return to 2009 Theme