FOUND: Sony Cybershot, night of Temple Burn

FOUND: Sony Cybershot, night of Temple Burn

Postby Gabbles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:32 am

Please tell me anything you know about the photo contents and if you can remember the gig amount of the memory card, and any details about its containment.

I really want to find the owner of this camera, and it seems MANY cybershots were lost this year, so lets all work together on finding their owners!!!

my email:
itsgabbles@gmail.com
Gabbles

i lost my camera sony cybershot

Postby aurum » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:45 am

silver
probably in a yellow waterproof box
5.1 mp/3x op zoom
selection dial on top

pictures and video of monday's dust storm. i was wearing teal welding goggles that day. pictures of me in my gold tutu and my friend in her pink tutu with a black leotard. pictures and video at the deep end. picture or two of my guy friend naked under a pair of nylons.
aurum

Re: i lost my camera sony cybershot

Postby Gabbles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:53 am

aurum wrote:silver
probably in a yellow waterproof box
5.1 mp/3x op zoom
selection dial on top

pictures and video of monday's dust storm. i was wearing teal welding goggles that day. pictures of me in my gold tutu and my friend in her pink tutu with a black leotard. pictures and video at the deep end. picture or two of my guy friend naked under a pair of nylons.

unfortunately, this cant be the same. I'm very sorry and i wish you luck on finding your camera.
Gabbles

Sony Cybershot

Postby DoubleD87 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 pm

7.2 MP, no case, pictures of Pyramid Lake close to beginning, DeadCow Art Car, NeuroWeapon crew, Pirate/Flamethrower on DeadCow?

Settings are on back with screen, blue memory card.

Any luck?

Thanks for helping.
DoubleD87

Postby jazfresh » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:52 pm

Black DSC-3 in a black carry case with a spare battery and another memory stick. I think the sticks were 2GB and 512KB. There'll be some shots on the camera of a truck with "Hengehold" on the side, and near the end will be some shots of the Death Guild's mad-max-style cars. The user interface will be in Japanese, but the text on the camera itself is in English.

Even if it doesn't turn out to be mine, thanks so much for looking for its rightful owner!
jazfresh

Postby Gabbles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:55 pm

sorry guys, niether of those last two fit the bill.
good luck finding what you need
Gabbles

Lost Cybershot

Postby Ninoluna » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:15 pm

No case. Lime green memory card? Pics of me in the Black Dress Parade. Male, Beard and Black Top Hat. Oh ya I had a dress on

Thats all I can tell you. Is the battery dead?
Ninoluna

Sony Camera

Postby bobcat » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:54 am

Sister,

I lost my Black Sony Camera the night of the temple burn. When I last saw it, it was attached to a Camo Hydration pack, which also had a notebook in it and other items. Most of the pictures were probably crappy art car shots, at least one angel, many pictures of a flash reflecting off Playa dust.
Love to get it back!

Robert
bobcat

Sony Camera

Postby bobcat » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:54 am

Sister,

I lost my Black Sony Camera the night of the temple burn. When I last saw it, it was attached to a Camo Hydration pack, which also had a notebook in it and other items. Most of the pictures were probably crappy art car shots, at least one angel, many pictures of a flash reflecting off Playa dust.
Love to get it back!

Robert curranman@gmail.com
bobcat

Re: Lost Cybershot

Postby Gabbles » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:30 am

Ninoluna wrote:No case. Lime green memory card? Pics of me in the Black Dress Parade. Male, Beard and Black Top Hat. Oh ya I had a dress on

Thats all I can tell you. Is the battery dead?

im sorry, that doesnt fit the bill either.
Gabbles

Cam found?

Postby bootsrfun » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:33 pm

What's up! I lost my buddies new cam. Not sure which brand it was, but it was silver for sure. Dropped it somewhere between Solarium and Pink Mammoth. It was in a ziplock bag last time I had it in hand (I'm a classy ho!)

Anyway - you can tell by the pix on there if it's his! There should be some shots at the deep end of some cute cute girls dancing and a bunch of me... One with a skeleton and some dude in a full body lycra suit. Very cool. The last pix would be at the Solarium day party. FUN!!!

Here are some pix my friends took to guide you! Thanks!!! :):)

Image 1, The girl probably won't be in the pix, but the two of us on the right will be:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n32/ ... MG0472.jpg

Image 2, If you see the guy on the left in any pix, THAT'S ME and you found my buddies cam and I love you! ;)

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n32/ ... MG0474.jpg

Thanks for checking!

Taylor
--- Are you being the best possible human you can be today? ---
bootsrfun

Postby Etchell » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:10 pm

two of my friends at the lost their sony cyber shots. one was lost over somewhere by cypher town with no case. and should have a picture with 2 skinny guys and a hobbit and tons of vido of the burn. and the pictures on the other one should have one with a blonde girl and was in a small gray case.
Ty for the help.
Etchell

Postby Carita » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:09 pm

I lost it somewhere out on the playa on Thursday. I was part of the Pink Pussy Tribe on the Duck. I am half Ghanian and half Irish, so you can guess my color.. :) .

Also maybe you can have a look at my website to identify if it's me on the pictures! WWW.CARITALANINA.COM

I hope one of you has found it as this was my firts Burn and there are loads of memories I need to get back.

Thanks in advance! And hopefully till next year!

Carita
Carita

Postby Carita » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:10 pm

Sorry it's a silver Sony Cybershot btw, DSC-T70
Carita

Postby jazfresh » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:54 pm

jazfresh wrote:Black DSC-3 in a black carry case with a spare battery and another memory stick. I think the sticks were 2GB and 512KB. There'll be some shots on the camera of a truck with "Hengehold" on the side, and near the end will be some shots of the Death Guild's mad-max-style cars. The user interface will be in Japanese, but the text on the camera itself is in English.

I just realised that I got the model number wrong when I wrote this description, it's actually a T70, or at least looks a lot like this:
http://www.pma-show.com/news_images/00296_sony-t70.jpg
jazfresh

Postby eweenie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:11 am

hi. i lost my sony cybershot digital elph on the night of the burn between the temple and right by that sound camp that is super close to the temple. the first photo is me with my dog and then the rest are of the burn, i am wearing a fuzzy white hat with cat ears in some of the photos where there are photos of myself and friends. the camera is an older model, probably 3 years old and it is very dusty and worn i am sure.
eweenie

Postby chiefer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:35 pm

ill give you all the info on my camera and it looks as though my friend etchel has already tried but ill give you more details. sony cyber shot DSC-t70 8.1 mega pix. 4 gig memory chip with about 3.5 used up the stickers are still on the camera its pretty new there was no case to the camera. and the camera except for the top buttons power and view the rest is touch screen on the back panel.

it was lost between 4:45a and cypher town on either a or b street and possible at the venue cypher town.

thank you so much for trying to find the owner of the camera we all appriciate you trying to find the owner.

chris
chiefer

10 MP Sony Cybershot?

Postby djaydee » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:12 am

I lost my camera (within a small black shoulder bag) on Wednesday afternoon somewhere at or in the vicinity of the Deep End.
The brand of the shoulder bag is "orange", made out of black leather with three zippers and has a strap that crosses on the shoulder back.

The camera is a silver Sony Cyber-shot, 10 Megapixel, with touch screen and 8 Gigabite card (!).
The card is filled mostly with pix and movies from times before the event (all year), plenty of sf beach time and a
couple of fashion shows from cocomo's "prepare for the playa" and much more.. I remember just taking 3 or 4 clips at arrival on Tuesday morning,
otherwise no more b'man pix..

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/13/sony ... -reviewed/

They may be some other items in the bag like lip balm, Djarum Light cigarettes, maybe 10 or 20 $ cash, etc..

fingers crossed,

djaydee
djaydee

lost my camera in a small black BABYPHAT girl backpack

Postby russianmaddness » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:45 pm

in the middle of the playa.. i was riding on the disco duck when it fell off in the middle of the playa... believe it was thur early morning before the sunrise... there was no Memory Card on it, but there were still pictures i took and saved on Camera Memory instead.. help please
russianmaddness

Postby Gabbles » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:08 pm

sorry everyone, none of these fit the bill
Gabbles

cybershot

Postby ElGruvo » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:41 am

Hey I lost a black Sony Cybershot. It should have a whole bunch of pictures on it, mostly not of burning man. The last bunch are of burning man and there are definitely some pictures of me on a trampoline. Here's what I look like http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos- ... 1_2136.jpg
Hope it has turned up!
ElGruvo

Sony DSC-W7

Postby Doublue » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:05 am

The camera looks like this:
http://www.photographyreview.com/channels/photographyreview/data/images/sonyw7_reviewtop.jpg
It has (at least had) a grey camera strap, the battery/Memory card
compartment has a crack in it and there are some scratches on the body.
Doublue

night of the temple burn

Postby thejacquicreature » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:35 am

I was certain I would never see my camera again.. hopefully it is the one in your possession! :) My camera is a black Sony DSC W-300 with a 4GB memory stick. It was in a cheap black case from Wal-mart.. I do not recall the brand. As for the photos, there are a few of me with blue latex on my legs.. and there is a video from the backseat of my friend's crazy bike.. I can't think of any other distinct pictures. I have short light brown hair and long leather earrings that are either purple or multi-colored.. so if you see such a person in any of the pictures, you probably have my camera. :)
thejacquicreature

Postby dragon4635 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:38 am

I lost my sony digital camera at the decompression in LA. There's pictures of someone dressed as a viking, a fairy, and someone in a costume with a big red collar. You wouldn't have happened to have found my camera would you? :cry:
dragon4635

Re: FOUND: Sony Cybershot, night of Temple Burn

Postby bellatronic » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:01 pm

I lost my sony cybershot camera, it is silver and has a slide screen. There are pictures of Me and a little stuffed unicorn, and of me and my mom, some face paintings i did on myself and my mom- black paint, and on top of an art car... thats most of what i remember. in a little black case with velcro. you find this? I hopeee
bellatronic

cybershot

Postby lowecifer » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:44 pm

i lost mine that night, i was dressed like an Indian w/ a Mohawk, i had a purple garter belt holding up black and white striped stockings. also i was driving around a 2 man pedal car with a yellow umbrella. it was a 4 gig mem. card with no case.
lowecifer

I live in hope...

Postby nikstik » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:00 pm

I lost my silver sony powershot the night of the burn, there was a video leading up to the burn and many of the pictures on it were of my friend james who has big blonde dreads (and is very pretty). The lens cover was stuck half open. Will personally hug you to an inch of your life if this is mine!
nikstik

Return to 2008 Gadgets (Cameras / MP3 Players / Cell Phones)