Retired Electrical and MEchanical Engineer, 1st timer! Help!

Retired Electrical and MEchanical Engineer, 1st timer! Help!

Postby gammaray27 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Hey there,

My Dad (64yrs) is going to the burn this year for the first time, and he has no idea what he's getting into (Well... a little bit of an idea), and he seems a little overwhelmed. I'm trying to push him a bit to research available open camps that are well sustained, and I figured I'd help to try and find him a camp. I don't want him to camp alone as its not at all the same experience as camping with a cool group of people.

Hes very self sustaining, and is a Amateur Radio operator and volunteers with a few community organizations here in L.A. ...Disaster communications with the county, mostly. He was a Marine in the Vietnam War too so there's not much that he hasn't seen. He is really friendly and loves to talk with people, loves photography, loves music (Everything from Harry Chapin to Kraftwerk), He's very open minded, kick back, and loves high tech stuff. He's a master engineer by trade.....mostly electrical and mechanical and loves to solve problems and help set up and take down stuff. he also likes to cook, but doesn't do it very often.

If you have any room at all in your camp to adopt my pops that would be awesome! Please lemme know. Thank you!

-David
gammaray27

Return to 2008 Theme Camps