The Time Colony - Want to give a talk? Also, cyborgs.

The Time Colony - Want to give a talk? Also, cyborgs.

Postby Quaestor » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:18 pm

Ahoy hoy Burners,

The Time Colony is a place where Victorian-aged gentiles may drink along side space robots, etc., and time travelers of any era are welcome to relax and enjoy the moment.

Among other things, we have scheduled a couple of days for Lectures. If you want to give one, you can! The basic theme of the lectures is Ideas Which Are Fantastic (And Not Necessarily Down-To-Earth). So far we have mostly science: The Science of Airships, General Relativity, Neural Nets, Phrenology. I'm sure someone reading this knows something awesome and archaic, like "How to construct a giant Pyramid" or anything else cool - if so, spend a day this week to prepare it, then sign up on the whiteboard in our camp!

Also, we are holding the world's first Historical Preenactment. I can't tell you what will happen, but if anyone plans on participating, we need cyborgs. Our budget is tight, so if anyone happens to have sweet cyborg gear and wants to participate, bring it! (Rehearsal, Preenactment)

We will also have Ancient Board Games every day, and a Futurology World Cafe.

Finally, if anyone still needs a camp, we've got lots of room! We are providing a shower, and water for cooking and cleaning, as well as shade structures and good company. A note of warning, we are splitting the cost of the Time Machine (dome).
Quaestor

Postby ZaphodBurner » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:27 pm

That rocks. Dust Vader (Esq.) teaches people how to operate flying machines while enjoying a glass of the green fairy or a mint julep. I'll be sure to send him by.

-zb
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Alas, I will not be a cyborg this year.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2008 Theme Camps