were are the big party camps

were are the big party camps

Postby vwthingrcer1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:30 pm

this is my first year to burning man and i want to know which camps are the biggest party camps
vwthingrcer1

Postby willyloafofphora » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:38 pm

Party camps what are you talking about. This is a peaceful arts retreat. You know sit around the camp fire, sing kumbi ya, finger paint, and get in touch with your spirit animal.
Excrement, incestuous person. I require my copulating currency, incestuous person.
willyloafofphora

Postby steveboy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:08 pm

I think it was a typo. I'm sure he meant the biggest arty camps. I shudder at the thought of young people making a lot of noise out there the midst of that bucolic splendor, disrupting the meditative serenity we all work so hard to achieve. Leave your cacophony at home, young fellah, and let go into the vibrant peaceful stream of quiet creative light that is Burning Man.
steveboy

Postby vwthingrcer1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:14 pm

ok what arethe coolest camps to vist is what i am getting more at. like games and getting interactive. and the coolest art
vwthingrcer1

Postby Zulegoona » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:14 pm

Just wander around , you can’t miss them. and don’t forget the spokes and keyholes not every thing good is on the Esplanade.
Zulegoona

Postby SirSlackworthy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:16 pm

[quote="steveboy"]I think it was a typo. I'm sure he meant the biggest arty camps.

I don't think you have that quite right. He obviously means the big Farty camps. He plans to support the project, as do many dedicated Burners, by eating his fill at Cabbage & Baked Bean camp and then plugging in (so to speak) at one of the many methane-fueled generators BMORG has thoughtfully set up to help power the Playa.

We should applaud vwthingrcer1's willingness to contribute to the festival in such a substantial way. If only all noobies were so motiviated!
“There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled.â€
SirSlackworthy

Postby ygmir » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:18 pm

I like it when we all ring BRC with out "Toning/healing bowls" and harmonize them all into a "mystic cacophony" of healing and love.......... I say, cacophony that is.........
Cacophonous splendor, a blending of healing tones and loving spirit, played out on the silent winds of the ancient playa, with it's healing salts and, uniquely playa-borne aromatic particulates......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ZaphodBurner » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:19 pm

It's hard to tell which ones are the big party camps what with the ground perpetually thumping from the giant domes and huge-ass PA systems, bands, DJs, not to mention the lasers, etc.

"Stimpy, how are we going to find a forest with all these trees in the way?"

Whoever built Stonehenge out on the 10 o'clock edge in 2004, with the lasers bouncing off the mountains and runway approach lights shooting off toward the sunrise, by the way, are gods. Does anybody know who they were?

(VW... aim for the Deep End, or just ride out onto the playa and listen. The -big- parties are usually along 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock so the speaker systems can project away from the city.)
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Toolmaker » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:00 pm

as you look at the city map you'll see it resembles a big "C". The edges of the C facing out toward the deep playa are where the raver camps are.
Toolmaker

Postby Diverse » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:02 pm

yeah on the 2 ends are the best, 2 and 10 oclock, some of the best "clubs" you have ever been to. Make sure you check out Root society, opulant temple, deep end, Green gorrilla, and there are endless other ones as well.
Our camp energy riders is at 2 and hummer right next to moonbass and we both are going to be bringing some future sounds, to dance to. so make sure to check us out as well.
Diverse

Postby fenwick » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:09 am

I always thought the biggest party camps started just as soon as you gained entrance by the greeters? Sometimes as soon as you pass gerlach - the party begins..... and won't end until Monday the 1st of September when you reach I-80...
fenwick

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:33 am

ZaphodBurner wrote:Whoever built Stonehenge out on the 10 o'clock edge in 2004, with the lasers bouncing off the mountains and runway approach lights shooting off toward the sunrise, by the way, are gods. Does anybody know who they were?

Do a search for "SolHenge". And the year before they built the SolSystem. Maybe The Google will turn up something.

Those runway lights were terrific.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

your playa what's happening guide

Postby SecretOperativeBear » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:55 am

I usually look thru the playa guide once and then loose it.
playa-time takes over. almost impossible to make plans.

After volunteering all day, I clean up, eat, dress up and wander off in a random direction at sunset. It never matters what direction I set off on because I always end up have a awesome night partyin. You never know where the night will take you. you can surf the wild tangents and crazy possibilities.

Just keep an eye out for BEAR and if he's drinking wiskey don't poke him with a stick, or "make yourself big" in an effort to intimidate him. This will only make him angry. If BEAR is agitated and his ears are pinned back, you should feed BEAR treats or rub your tits in his face. He likes that.

Thanks In Advance,
Bear
SecretOperativeBear

Camp Name: BRC Recycle Camp

Postby MerkinMan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:08 am

This'll be my first year too, but my understanding is, you look for large groups of people having fun. Those would be the party camps. The camps that are dark and no one is around? Avoid those. I'm hoping you veterans can confirm or deny the accuracy of the information I was given, thanks.
MerkinMan

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:40 am

try camp carp over at esplanade near 430 or so....they love people to wander into their camp and make themselves at home...

ps. it'll help if you learn to spell....
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby vwthingrcer1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:16 am

damn now you guys are making me want to go more ahhhhhh
vwthingrcer1

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:24 am

And for God's sake don't visit Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. Those guys are all assholes and they won't even serve you any wine unless you're a topless woman or something. So don't go there. Really, they're a bunch of dicks. I swear. I hate each and every one of those bastards.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Tubbo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:16 am

it's all about PEX/Fifth Dimension Village @ 8:00 and the Esplanade
Tubbo

Postby JezebelinHell » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:And for God's sake don't visit Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. Those guys are all assholes and they won't even serve you any wine unless you're a topless woman or something. So don't go there. Really, they're a bunch of dicks. I swear. I hate each and every one of those bastards.

So if I take my shirt off you'll give me wine?
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby thirt33n » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:54 pm

POP!

that was the cork.
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby SecretOperativeBear » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:35 pm

haha, don't listen to Simon. I ended up at camp carp one night and they were shooting bottle-rockets at everyone parting in their camp.
You may opt to presoak with water and wear eye protection.
Other than that, you'll be fine.

-Bear
SecretOperativeBear

Camp Name: BRC Recycle Camp

Postby Dusza Beben » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:47 pm

What night does thunderdome have their virgin ice cream social?
That's a must attend event!

DB
Agripunk,
For the angry farmer in all of us.
Dusza Beben

Postby BitterDan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:54 pm

If by "big party camps" you mean the rave-type camps then you will have no problem finding them on the 10:00 and 2:00 streets. That's where the big sound camps are located.

The whole festival is a big party camp. It's hard not to find something to do.
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby vwthingrcer1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:31 pm

and free booze if possible
vwthingrcer1

Postby steveboy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:39 pm

vwthingrcer1 wrote:and free booze if possible

Yeah, definitely your first time. Free booze is the only kind there is. And honestly, if it's just booze and big clubs you want, you can sure get that without going to all this trouble and having all that inconvenient art get in your way.
steveboy

Postby ibdave » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:42 pm

Try BRUNO'S. Just ask around... For a stiff drink, Try Stiffy Lube. I'm sure you'll find plenty of freebie's inside... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby vwthingrcer1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:05 pm

art getting in my way i made a rocket ship out of my bike to fly around the playa
vwthingrcer1

Postby Captain Goddammit » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:And for God's sake don't visit Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. Those guys are all assholes and they won't even serve you any wine unless you're a topless woman or something. So don't go there. Really, they're a bunch of dicks. I swear. I hate each and every one of those bastards.

I've been to that shit hole before, totally lame. A bunch of stupid barbie dolls and not much else. Skip that one for sure, unless you're a queer who likes playing with dolls.
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby steveboy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Yep, it's the open-minded tolerance that draws 'em like flies to Burning Man.
steveboy

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:05 pm

I loved those runway lights. If you stood under the A frame you could watch the lights come toward you and when it was time for the light to go on on the frame you were under the base would hit. It was very cool. I was there when their sound system fried. Lots of sad sad ravers.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Next

Return to 2008 Theme Camps