40%
a hammock?
60%
your lovely self?
No votes

Total votes : 5

Make a Hammock. No Sewing Required

Postby riderpaul » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:27 pm

Instructions on making a hammock (NO SEWING!)
http://hammockhangout.pbwiki.com/Making-Hammocks
---

Come to The Hammock Hangout in BRC at high noon on Tuesday for our Hammock Hanging party and have the perfect place on the Playa to relax all week!

Bring a 4 to 5 yard piece of fabric and let us teach you how to make a hammock. No Sewing required

Come escape the sun and heat, have a cold beverage and swing in a hammock, while you help us by hanging your hammock. You provide the hammocks, we provide shade, poles to hang the hammocks from, booze and fun! It will be a great start to the days party and you will know where to go when it gets hot!

High Noon Tuesday, Aug. 26th. 4:30 & Covair in Black Rock City, NV see http://TheHammockHangout.com for details.

The Hammock Hangout is a giant 10,000 square foot passive solar shade structure with room for 90! hammocks. We are building the structure, but unfortunately lost almost all of our hammocks last year due to a tragic kiddy pool incident. There was a little water left in the kiddy pool before sealing the container. All but a few of the hammocks were destroyed by mold. No fret, Hammocks are super easy to make and we have booze. Learn how to make a hammock at http://hammockhangout.pbwiki.com/Making-Hammocks and come get drunk with us early on a Tuesday in the cool shade, while swinging in a hammock.

~Dutchy
TheHammockHangout.com
riderpaul

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:01 pm

on your first year, were you guys on 8:30 and A?B? ?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby riderpaul » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:34 pm

That was us. Which camp where you?

Love the Heavy Battle Lounge. That is what the American Dream has come to. Vise and War, all wrapped up together in a neat sellable package! To be truly American you should be charging for the drinks from that bar.
~Dutchy
TheHammockHangout.com
riderpaul

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:36 am

my camp was GreenPenis then, we were 50 feet from esplanade, on 8:30

I remember your camp because you never actually put it all together that year, we were the group that came by to help(thursday?), but you guys didn't want help.
I hope you got good help to complete it this year.
I love hammocks
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby riderpaul » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:33 am

That year was rough, but memorable. I made some good friends that lasted off Playa. Bureaucracy was a big issue that year and by the time they let me work on the project I was doomed! That year was all about dealing with the Man and his paperwork!

I have lots of great help this year!
~Dutchy
TheHammockHangout.com
riderpaul

Return to 2008 Theme Camps