Looking for a camp!!!!

Looking for a camp!!!!

Postby Jiva Maya » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:43 pm

so my friends and I need a camp to stay at this year. We don't have $300 per person to shell out for a camp sight. Could anyone help me (us) out and maybe lead me in the direction of a place that would take us in or a free camp?

Thanks!!!
...well shit.
Jiva Maya

Postby betrdanevr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:04 pm

And do you plan on helping out the little red hens and roosters in building their camp? :roll:
betrdanevr

Postby Token » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Are you guys hot and shit?

Are some BJ-s in line for using the shower and communal shade?

Meals are an extra bump-n-grind but the souffle is outstanding and worth it...

prophylactics provided by the camp ...
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby zifra » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:42 pm

There is plenty of open camping on the playa, Once you show your ticket and enter the city you will find you do not need to pay for a theme camp, just move into any empty space.

If you do want to join a theme camp you must remember that many many people have spent a lot of time and money to bring these large interactive camps to the city. The amount they charge is to help defray the costs of these camps, which are not cheap, let me tell you!

To join a theme camp you must be willing to contribute, either financially or with sweat equity. How do YOU wish to participate?
Zifra

Cannot wait top get home!

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Postby Dato » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:01 pm

zifra wrote:If you do want to join a theme camp you must remember that many many people have spent a lot of time and money to bring these large interactive camps to the city. The amount they charge is to help defray the costs of these camps, which are not cheap, let me tell you!

$5000+ of booze we're giving away doesn't pay for itself!

Jiva Maya, have you been before? If not, have you read the survival guide? Is there any reason you want to camp with a theme camp, or are you open to camping by yourselves?
Dato

Postby Jiva Maya » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:48 pm

yeah, I just don't have the money. I understand it cost money to maintain the sights. I am willing to help build camps and do whatever physical tasks needed.
...well shit.
Jiva Maya

Postby zifra » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:47 pm

I fully understand your desire to be part of a theme camp. It has some serious advantages that are provided by the pooling of resources. But do not let your inability to get into a registered theme camp keep you off the playa. Bring your tent or shelter, water food and sunscreen. Friends you will surely find on the way.

Enjoy!

Zifra

Life: if it isn't fun, your doing it wrong!
Zifra

Cannot wait top get home!

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Postby MissNev » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:09 pm

I think you may be confusing the price of a ticket to the event with the cost of joining a theme camp. There are no preregistered "camp sites." The cost of the ticket gains you admittance only. Camping is on a first come/first served basis unless you are part of a registered theme camp.
Proprietor and Mixologist for The Liver's End
MissNev

Return to 2008 Theme Camps