Advice for (female)burners who don't have a camp this year??

Advice for (female)burners who don't have a camp this year??

Postby kelly16 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Our camp of many years disbanded. We were late getting organized, but there are 8-10 of us and 2 rvs. I've heard that camps aren't set for most places in the dial (except esplanade and along certain spokes), but we don't want to do anything inappropriate. Where would you recommend we set up when we arrive - as expected - around midday on wednesday?? By the way, we'd be happy to join a camp if the chemistry is right.
kelly16

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:06 pm

well it would be a big join but stag camp is always welcoming to anybody who needs a place to say at... :) and we would love more people.... check us out on the 2008 theme camp thread and if your interested introduce your self and then head over to www.tribe.net to put in your space requirements on our Stag Camp 2.0 tribe under the Roll Call thread....
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Captain Goddammit » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 pm

They'll give you a map at the gate that will indicate the registered theme camp areas.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Advice for (female)burners who don't have a camp this ye

Postby ibdave » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:20 pm

kelly16 wrote:Our camp of many years disbanded. I've heard that camps aren't set for most places in the dial (except esplanade and along certain spokes), but we don't want to do anything inappropriate.

Kelly, Not picking on you, but you have been "many years" and you don't know how it works yet?
Start from the beginning again and read this..
http://www.burningman.com/preparation/e ... index.html
:roll: :shock: 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Stag Camp

Postby kelly16 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Loved the separate string of posts about your camp. Do you know where you will be this year? If we don't camp w/ you, we will visit. Thanks!
kelly16

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:35 pm

we plan to be around 8:45 between F&G Streets... it will be hard to miss we will have a Crane( as in the bird) art piece... plus a lot of signs around the edges so that it will be easy to find... hope to see ya out there... :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Ibdave

Postby kelly16 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:36 pm

IBdave - the graphic for your name is awesome. Thanks for the post - I know my posting is just inviting ridicule, but I guess I was hoping for some insider advice from folks who have attended w/o being attached to a camp. The camp leader I camped w/ for several years died last year. Camp disbanded this year. I just never really thought much more about where to stay at BM since it all was so camp-oriented before. Maybe that makes me shallow? But when I previously spent time hanging out in the various camps I didn't ask folks who weren't based in camps how they decided where to park their rv and whether there was an etiquette to it. Guess I was too busy enoying the moment to be thinking about this. The guide link you sent (thank you) didn't really answer this, though I appreciate that you were trying to help.
kelly16

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:51 pm

Just show up and grab a chunk of playa i know that is what we did last year and this year.... for stag camp.... as for joining... last year all i did is say hey i wanna come to this camp and they said sure... :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby JezebelinHell » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:04 am

Funky Monkey Mech wrote:we plan to be around 8:45 between F&G Streets... it will be hard to miss we will have a Crane( as in the bird) art piece... plus a lot of signs around the edges so that it will be easy to find... hope to see ya out there... :)

Hey, we'll be next-door neighbors. Come say Hi.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby Dork » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:26 am

Drive to a spot that looks like there's some room left, which by Wednesday will be towards the outer rims. Park vehicles on the side of the road, get out and start walking. Look for an open spot and talk to people who happen to be near it. Ask if you can park there. They'll say no, or yes, or jump up and help you move your vehicles in. They may creep you out or something during this process, if that happens make some excuse and repeat the process elsewhere. That's pretty much it.
Dork

Postby oheric! » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:45 am

[quote="Dork"]Drive to a spot that looks like there's some room left, which by Wednesday will be towards the outer rims. Park vehicles on the side of the road, get out and start walking. Look for an open spot and talk to people who happen to be near it. Ask if you can park there. They'll say no, or yes, or jump up and help you move your vehicles in. They may creep you out or something during this process, if that happens make some excuse and repeat the process elsewhere. That's pretty much it.[/quote]

We were on the recieving end of this scenerio last year. A big RV pulled up to survey the situation. They politly asked if they could squeeze in, to which we replied "Sure thing". After some manuvering they got settled and ended up becoming our good friends. We are now flying to Seattle and riding down in that same RV. Woot! You meet the nicest people on the playa.
oheric!

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Baggage Check

Return to 2008 Theme Camps