80'S CAMP - IS ANYONE INTERESTED?

80'S CAMP - IS ANYONE INTERESTED?

Postby SHAKEY » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi All-

Excited for the burn this year... Can't wait! Not sure what friends will be going with me this year... But like "Stag Camp", I may be on my own. And I always wanted to do an 80'S camp... You know the 80'S... Rubik's Cube, Acid washed jeans, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, hot pink, the new Coke, Valley Girls... And some of the best music of all time... 80'S Camp, for all of you that love what the 80'S represent. Just a fun group of people hangin' out at BM 2008. No pressure and we all bring what we need to survive for a week on the playa... and help each other out and party together. So let me know if there is some interest in joining 80'S camp on the playa... This is not a registered camp just one we all create and it should be a blast and this could grow into something big in coming years... And if your trying to figure out a place to camp for the burn... Girls / guys, why not 80'S camp. We can all dress up in our 80'S wear and have a great time. If you love Madonna, dress like Madonna, If you love Uncle Buck, dress like Uncle Buck, Whatever! Or any 80'S fasion statement... You get the idea. I will bring a pretty awesome 80'S music setup for all to enjoy. And If your new to Burningman everyone can try to fill in the blanks when needed... As Jeff Spicoli said in Fast Times... "SO WHERE IS THIS PARTY ANYWAY?..." The party is at 80'S camp... Let me know what you think. Only a few weeks left.

Thanks everyone

The Duck Man (Pretty In Pink) 8)
(Reno)
SHAKEY

Postby thirt33n » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:57 pm

....ever see 'Club Paradise'?
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby Cassidy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:18 pm

If you build it, they will come.

Since I'm not a huge trance music fan, I'd be grateful to hear some good 80's music after, say, mid-day Tuesday. I'm sure there's others who would agree. Good luck!! :D
Cassidy

Postby SuperNakedGirl » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:20 am

Hey Shakey-I love the 80's idea. Do you have any idea of general area you will be in?
There once was a girl, who had a curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
And when she was good, she was very, very good
But when she was bad, she was HORRID
SuperNakedGirl

Re: 80'S CAMP - IS ANYONE INTERESTED?

Postby Xfile » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:21 am

Hey Shakey,

There will be 80's on the Playa this year, for the 2nd year in a row Doctor LeTaudries Freakshow will be doing 80's Dance nights, complete with Videos etc.

We haven't been placed yet, so I don't know our address, but this the schedule...

-- Monday --

Theme: 80's Britpop, Best of Synth and One Hit Wonders
DJ's...
8-10PM: Xfile
10-Midnight: Xfile
Midnight-2AM: Sparkle

-- Wednesday --

Theme: Goth & Industrial
DJ's...
8-10PM: Granny
Midnight-2AM: Willow

-- Friday --

Theme: New Wave to 90's
DJ's...
8-10PM: Willow
Midnight-2AM: Sparkle

The Schedule is in the WWW too.

Hope to see you there!

- Xfile
Xfile

80'S Camp - Good Times

Postby SHAKEY » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi Playa People,

Not sure on a location yet for 80'S Camp... Mabey somewhere around 4:30 & Bonneville or Corvair... I'm not sure how much space will be available and we can be flexible. Plus it also depends on how many people are interested in doing a group 80'S Camp. I'm planning on arriving Monday afternoon. I'm not too far away either... traveling to the burn from Reno. As far as other 80'S leaning camps we can always team up or party together at differnt times during the burn. So let's get fired up for 80'S camp together. Keep me posted on your thoughts and ideas. Let's do it!

"I am, and always will be THE DUCK MAN!" (Pretty in Pink) :lol:
SHAKEY

80'S Camps

Postby SHAKEY » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:17 pm

Hey Xfile,

Keep me posted on your info as it develops. Sounds like a great time. Plus I will have my HOT HITS OF THE 80'S radio station there. POWER 92.5FM... If you love the 80'S then you will love 92.5... Plus we will do some cool specialty shows for BRC. I can also promote your 80's dance nights and times etc. August 1st is tomorrow... 23 days and counting until the party begins...

(Shakey)
The Duck Man 8)
SHAKEY

Postby SHAKEY » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:21 pm

Hi Cassidy & Supernakedgirl,

You are welcome to join and help create 80's camp if you like. Friends and Creativity are always welcome. And if you have Ideas on location, please let me know.

Shakey
SHAKEY

Re: 80'S Camps

Postby Xfile » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:10 pm

Hey Shakey,

Sounds good, will turn into 92.5, can't wait to hear it.

That schedule (above) is set in stone at this point, we'll be doing three 80's nights, (Mon/Wed/Friday) Other nights will be Kareoke and a camp party. We have over (300) 80's Videos, and a huge collection of Synth, New Wave, Goth, Brit-Pop, Industrial etc. that we'll be playing, as well as some one hit wonders.

Next year some of us are talking about breaking off, and starting a new, entirely 100% 80's camp, every night of the week. But more on that after Burning Man.

- Xfile
Xfile

7:30 & Bonneville

Postby Xfile » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:23 pm

Just got confirmation that Doctor Letaudries Freakshow will be on the corner of 7:30 and Bonneville!

So swing on by for some thumping 80's New Wave, Synth, Goth, Brit Pop and one hit wonders on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights.

You can't miss us, we have a 2 story observation tower, a few stages, a Piano, and an old victorian Streetlamp on the corner.

:)

- Xfile
Xfile

A spot for you

Postby motofab » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:29 pm

We've got a camp location on the Esplanade at 430, but most of the crew flaked out and we're looking to share the space with another camp that fits in. We build choppers in the daytime and party at night. Let me know if you wanna team up.

Fuser
motofab

Sounds fun.

Postby midgetlovr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:46 pm

How do I join? This is my first year at BM and I will be traveling with my partner.
midgetlovr

Postby Papa Thanatos » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:36 am

Hey Shakey, sounds like just my cup of tea. Most likely be on my own this year myself, so wouldn't mind meeting up and rocking it 80's style.
Tonight, instead of discussing the existence or non-existence of God, they have decided to fight for it. The existence, or non-existence, to be determined by two falls, two submissions, or a knockout. All right boys, let's get to it.
Papa Thanatos

80's cAMP

Postby SHAKEY » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:30 pm

Hey Playa Friends,

Looks like we have some interest in 80'S camp... I'm planning on getting to BRC on Monday afternoon (2P - 3Pish). I will start looking for a good location 3 streets or so back from the Esplanade... somewhere around 3 to 4:30... If anyone has any ideas please let me know. 3 weeks out and counting :D
SHAKEY

We are down with 80's camp! Love is like a bomb..

Postby donnydip » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:54 pm

If 80's camp is happening, we want to be a part of it! We are five dudes who remember the Reagan years with fondness and nostalgia! The hair bands, the acid wash jeans, the newness of hip-hop, the crack, er..., uh, I mean the crack of madonna's ass in that uber sexy coffee table book she did.

We are down with campin' with ya'll. We have a 21 ft, RV, so you just tell us where to park it and we'll be bringning the great 80's vibes. We're musicians so we'l lbe rockin' out to the tunes, playin' along with the DJ's 80's offerings as well as playin' anything and everything we remember from that crazy by-gone era.

We so fresh! We so fly!
donnydip

So...

Postby midgetlovr » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:42 am

Having never been to bm before, how will I find you?
midgetlovr

80'S CAMP

Postby SHAKEY » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Hey 80's Lovers,

Still trying to figure out a location... It's kinda tough until you're actually at BRC. I've had a couple other camps offer teaming up this year and that is certainly a big possibility. Other then tat there is not reserved spot locked in for 80'S Camp... So as we get closer we can try to figure out a place / time to all meet up and work the logistics out. I will be making a day glow flag that says 80's Camp on it... It will be green, yellow, and purple. Hopefully that will help us meet up once I/we find a good location. I'm still seeing who's interested in doing an 80's Camp... That will also help us figure out how big a spot we all need. So far the interest is pretty good... We can just stay in touch in the coming days and see how this is all working. I'm bringing my crew cab truck and 18 ft trailer and I was hoping to be near a corner... I usually bring a shade structure of some kind.

**Again this is the idea:

80'S Camp would be just like "stag camp"... Just a bunch of laid back friendly people that want to hang out at BM. I've always loved the 80's and so the idea dawned on me to reach out with 80's camp... There really isn't any structure for the camp at this point... Everyone just needs to bring their own supplies for the week. We can help each other out when needed. Decorate and 80's theme the camp together so bring all your packed away 80's stuff! And. oh yes... Bring your 80's wear. Day glo colors... funky patterns... Anything goes fashion-wise at 80'S Camp so have fun witth it! I will have some pretty awesome 80's music to enjoy and who knows this could grow into something big in coming years.

Hopefully I answered your questions... Someone asked the question about not wanting to be with a bunch of heavy drunks... I don't want to hang out with a bunch of heavy drunks either... Just something to keep in mind... Party drinking is cool and we can hopefully all have a good time... Everyone's input is welcome. So let me know what you all think and where you're traveling from...

Thanks!

Shakey (The Duck Man) 8)
SHAKEY

Postby Tiffanie5366 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:37 am

Hey Shakey,

So glad I logged on. I have been looking to where I wanted to lay my head. This is my first burn but certainly not my first festival. Those I have 100's burns I have never. 80's Girl I am!! You couldn't have said it better, 80's music, 80's costumes. I am there!

Tell me what to do, where to find you and so on. Remember I am a virgin and will not know my head from a hole in the ground.

Here's to Florescent PINK!
"Peace & Prosperity to you, your families,
and everything you own."
Tiffanie5366

80'S CAMP

Postby SHAKEY » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:30 am

Hi Tiffanie,

You are welcome to join us at 80's camp... At this point were maybe at around 10 or 15 people... And getting bigger each day I think. Where are you traveling from? Not that it matters but I am curious to find out far the trek is for everyone. Hopefully we can all meet up and work out the details of our new 80'S Camp!

In any case our location is still a question mark. I'm lookin' to try to be somewhere between 3P & 5P and as close to esplanade as we can get.
(And hopefully on a corner) It's just difficult to pinpoint an exact location until we all arrive at Black Rock City. I will be putting up a bright green - hot pink - bright orange and purple flag on a 30 foot pole above my trailer... It will say 80'S Camp in purple letters. Hopefully It shouldn't be too hard to find in the sea of camps... but it will be in bright 80's colors!
If you have never been to BM before make sure to check the survival guide. It will really help with everything you will need. A tip for you and anyone interested... If you have any friends in the medical or dental fields. See if you can have get you some of the mouth / nose masks. basically sugical masks... they work awesome for keeping out playa dust. and they're really light wieght.

So let's keep in touch here for changing and new info... 18 day and counting until the party begins at 80's Camp :D

Shakey (The Duck man -Pretty In Pink)
SHAKEY

80's camp location

Postby Xfile » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:56 pm

If you guys in 80's camp end up on the 6:00 - 9:00 side of the city, be sure to come by Doctor Letaudries for our 80's nights.

We're at 7:30 & Bonneville, right on the corner. You can't miss us, we have a big dance area on the corner, ringed by a few "shacks" a tower, etc. We're the camp with the Piano in our courtyard.

Our 80's nights are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8pm until around 2am. We'll have all your favorite 80's Music Videos, as well as 80's clips playing too (Fast Times, War Games, Commodore commericials, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Vids) etc.

Anyways.. hope to see some of you 80's fans there on those nights, it should be a lot of fun. Last year we had some good crowds and a lot of people dressed in Dayglo (Even a few Pat Benetars)

:)

- Xfile
Xfile

Postby atomosk » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:15 pm

I recently went clubbing in Kuala Lumpur. There were popped collars everywhere. Exciting!
atomosk

Yes...

Postby joemomma » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:00 pm

I would love to join......just let us know as close as possible what ave you will be on..... I will be soloing out Monday morning from Reno...see you there.....
joemomma

Postby lokione » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Sooo is 80's camp going to happen?
I will help set up, and could probably dig up a parachute for some shade. Anyone got some poles or something for the chute?
Let me know if its happening, where you will be and approximate time you want to set up
lokione

Postby Papa Thanatos » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm going to have to dig the Hawiian shirts out of the closet for this one, i'll cook up some 80's dance mixs on CD too
Tonight, instead of discussing the existence or non-existence of God, they have decided to fight for it. The existence, or non-existence, to be determined by two falls, two submissions, or a knockout. All right boys, let's get to it.
Papa Thanatos

80'S Camp

Postby SHAKEY » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi 80's friends

A parachute would be great... I don't have any poles but maybe someone will be kind enough to help with that... Keep in mind everyone joining 80's Camp needs to bring their own supplies and survival gear for a week on the Playa... And don't forget your creative 80's wear. Anything from the 80's is totally awesome to the max... 80's Camp is very much like "stag camp" in that we all bring our own stuff but we all help each other and party together. Let's have a great time 8)

And yes, 80's camp is still on if everyone is still interested. I'm coming out monday afternoon to try to lock in a good spot... Somewhere between
3P and 5P hopefully 3 to 5 streets back from the Esplanade. (On a corner if possible?) I will put up a Neon green, orange and hot pink camo flag that says 80's camp in purple above my 18 ffoot trailer... Hopefully that will help us all connect.

I will provide some smokin' 80's music for our camp. Stay in touch each day and we can keep up to date with any new news or info. If you have any questions please ask... 14 days and counting until the party begins!

see you all soon

Shakey (a.k.a. THE DUCK MAN - Pretty in pink) :D
SHAKEY

Postby fenwick » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:25 am

I thought I was the only one stuck in a time warp related to music of the 80's.

One hit wonders like:

Diesel's "Sausolito Summer Nights" (extended remix of course)
Gary numan's "Cars" (extended remix of course)
Slade "Run Run Away" (once again - extended remix)

not to omit Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Genesis,(notice the theme?) Floyd, Bangles, Go Gos, Cars, Fleetwood Mac, Big Country, Culture Club, A-Ha, U2 (up to Rattle and Hum - new techno sounds don't thrill me or move my feet like classic 80's do) and the list goes on and on. This includes both Radio edits and extended remizes or what harcore 80's fans call "discotech".

I also have every single popular Hannah Barbara (saturday morning TV show themes) "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Every Bugs Bunny related theme song, and some more goodies.

The drive will include segments from Dr. Demento from the 80's - just to agonize the passangers and get me in the mood. Driving has it's priviledges.

(most of all the music I acquired came from specific 80's newsgroups so I will be more then happy to share if you have a USB thumb drive)

Seeking a few tunes? let me know - and will try and handle requests before I bolt out the door and head east to Nevada on Sunday morning. PMs work great here

SHAKEY - keep us posted as to your intended location, I am thinking around Gremlin and 2:30 myself - maybe we all hook up and share tunes and socialize? ahhh remembering the good ol days.....

Fenwick
fenwick

Fenwick

Postby SHAKEY » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:38 am

Cool 80's Stuff Fenwick,

I am always interested in a great 80's music collection... Absolutely bring some fun selections... And I need to track down "Veronica" from Elvis Costello... If you have it. Lookin' forward to meeting you at BRC. Look for the 80's Camp flag and don't forget to bring your freaky 80's wear...
I'll be there on Monday in the early afternoon. 12 days and counting until the party begins 8)

Shakey (the Duck Man - Pretty In Pink) :roll:
SHAKEY

Any room in camp?

Postby Sikkensk8t » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:10 pm

Hey Shakey - 80's camp sounds like my speed. Could listen to Dr Dimento again and be taken straight back in time! MTV and the whole thing. Any chance at a patch of dirt somewhere close about thursday for a guy from So Cal?

S-sk8t
Sikkensk8t

Postby fenwick » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:47 am

SHAKEY

I am always interested in a great 80's music collection... Absolutely bring some fun selections... And I need to track down "Veronica" from Elvis Costello... If you have it. Lookin' forward to meeting you at BRC. Look for the 80's Camp flag and don't forget to bring your freaky 80's wear...
I'll be there on Monday in the early afternoon. 12 days and counting until the party begins

Shakey (the Duck Man - Pretty In Pink)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alt.binaries.sounds.1980.mp3
alt.binaries.sounds.1980.mp3
alt.binaries.sounds.mp3pro.1980s
alt.binaries.dancehall.1980s
alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.80s-metal
alt.binaries.sounds.1980s.mp3s

If the above does not make sense to you - don't worry - will explain when we hook up or after the burn so you know where to seek and find stuff.

and a few other groups within USENET (newsgroups) due to cross-posting had a ton of Elvis Costello flooded in them the last few days- not sure I saw the title your seeking. I could take a peek - but no gaurantees - but in the mood to help.

I wrote down in notes the possible location of your squat as well as the obvious banner / flag. Will start exploring more Monday evening as I finish our small camp area.

Picked up a bunch of laser projectors today and most are above satisfactory - one is dissappointing, but who cares, be fun to shine a little light in the area at night.

I was looking at a rubiks cube just for you - figured if anything represented the80's it was one of them. Will check a dedicated toy store before I hit the road and if they within the budget - will make sure your gifted one. :o

I will keep acquiring 80's tunes until the end of this weekend when I will start mixing play lists.

The entire library will be on a 1 TB external hardrive, If you have a PC- or laptop - bring a USB drive - I will have one just in case and files can be shared with ease. Otherwise after the burn - will use the magic of the Internet to share files.
fenwick

80'S CAMP

Postby SHAKEY » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi 80's Camp party people,

So, we are are getting close... I'm trying to get a tally of everyone who will be joining 80's camp... Please let me know if you are definately camping with us and when you will be arriving at BRC. That way I can try to find the best size spot on the playa... Good times ahead! 10 days and counting until the party begins! Stay in touch.

Shakey (The Duck Man - Pretty In Pink) 8)
SHAKEY

Next

Return to 2008 Theme Camps