Writers Daily group

Writers Daily group

Postby sunn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:32 am

Writers group met last year for critique and reading of each other's work. I was too busy with our theme camp and couldn't participate but would like to form one this year. If another isn't already being planned (or maybe even if it is) I can host as we're having a bar set up on the playa. Could do it there as part of a daily happy hour. Wine and readings of our work so we can bounce new/old ideas off each other. Doesn't matter if you're published or not. Any genre is fine....fiction,nonfiction, poetry.
sunn

Re: Writers Daily group

Postby jadewombat » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:46 pm

Where, when?
jadewombat

Postby sunn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:27 pm

Playa time still to be determined.

The where...mmm...even more still to be determined, but I promise I will determine it by Monday, August 25th! :)
sunn

Postby gyre » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:11 pm

I have enjoyed meeting writers out there, but how can you focus long enough to read anything?
gyre

Postby sunn » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:18 pm

True, focusing on reading at BM could be challenging. I enjoy just talking to other writers myself and finding out what projects they're doing. Last year I put a few books out at Center Camp for people to write in and there were the most creative, cool entries. I still love looking through them. One book was about "Wishes."
I love hearing other people's works...about anything. But, on the other hand, as you say, it's BM after all, and if we're too distracted to actually read, who cares? :)
sunn

Postby gyre » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:03 am

The only thing I've read out there is a collection in a blank book someone put out for people to write in.
It was to be collected by Ambidextrous group.
I've never seen the result of all the books they sent out and I hope the one here got back to them.
It should be interesting to read.
gyre

Postby Indigenous Alien » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:48 pm

I love this idea, but I don't think I'll be workshopping my poetry on the playa this year. On the other hand, I would be interested in HOSTING a poetry WRITING workshop full of really cool interactive exercises that will be fun, engaging, and immediate. The playa is all about immediate experience and living in the now, and I would be really interested in seeing how the exercises I've been through and have used with other workshops in the past would manifest in such a dynamic, mind-blowing environment. I think the poems that people would take home would be the ultimate self-gifts.

I'll have my camp coordinates within the next week and will put the word then!

Indigenous Alien
Leesee
Indigenous Alien

Postby sunn » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:58 pm

Love, Love, Love the poetry workshop idea. This summer I started writing Haiku as a break from the nonfiction I'd been writing for over the past two years. I'd written so much poetry over the years but never Haiku before...it made me very reflective, but in a way lightened me up from the nonfiction.

I would enjoy the poetry exercises!
sunn

Postby sunn » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Look for Blue Bar on the playa. (Look up exact location at Playa Info)
In fact, it'll be there for anyone who also feels like bartending for awhile.
It's a little mini bar...blink and you might miss it..

As far as the Writer's group, I'll be there daily(usually!) around 4 for Happy Hour time.

Any Haiku writers out there? I started doing some and reading some Haiku masters work; very interesting. Out of 40,000 plus people at BM, there have to be some others. It's been a fun change as well from the other stuff I was writing. Anyway, stop by for a drink at least and say hi!
sunn

Postby jadewombat » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:54 pm

sunn wrote:Look for Blue Bar on the playa. (Look up exact location at Playa Info)
In fact, it'll be there for anyone who also feels like bartending for awhile.
It's a little mini bar...blink and you might miss it..

As far as the Writer's group, I'll be there daily(usually!) around 4 for Happy Hour time.

Any Haiku writers out there? I started doing some and reading some Haiku masters work; very interesting. Out of 40,000 plus people at BM, there have to be some others. It's been a fun change as well from the other stuff I was writing. Anyway, stop by for a drink at least and say hi!

This sounds a little too open-ended, could you arrange a date(s) and time to shoot for? I would like to share some of my stuff with people and get feedback. I've had one article published in a local magazine this past spring.
jadewombat

Postby sunn » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:02 pm

Okay, our mini bar will be open for sure on Tuesday for Happy Hour , for the Writer's group (and anybody...who cares...it's BM) at 4:00.

If you look up "Blue Bar" on the computers at Playa Info near Center Camp you can find the exact location. Can't tell you now as we're not a theme camp...just a little bar we're bringing this year for the playa.

Wed/Thurs at 4 as well. See you all at BM soon!
sunn

Bartender/Writer

Postby Erinina7 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:33 pm

Hey! I'm a bartender and a writer (fiction and poetry)! I may not end up bringing anything old to critique, but if I have something new I write there, it would be cool to share. And I'm totally willing to stop by and give feedback if others want or just hang out and share inspiration. I'm arriving Tuesday, so I'm not sure I'll make it by 4, but will try to stop by Wednesday and Thursday. And don't mind helping out with drinks either.
Erinina7

Burning Since: 2008

Postby troyds » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi there,

I'm bringing a few selected poems to read and share. I would like to stop by the Blue Bar and say hi at the very least, because I have not seen a lot of threads about writing or critique.

I will be camping with Videogasm and helping out there as well as flying some kites during the day. So if you are located on the Playa, maybe I'll fly that way. :wink:

I critique and post at the criticalpoet.org If you get a chance email me at tdshiker@yahoo.com

Thanks and hope to see ya at the Blue Bar,

Troy
troyds

Postby sunn » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:30 pm

I'll be also flying my Gecko kite, cool! Come over any time.

I'm going to be there at other random times we feel like opening our little bar during the day as well, so if you don't make it over at 4 p.m., chances are you'll see by the sign when we'll be back.

Getting so ready for the burn now!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet you all!
sunn

Return to 2008 Theme Camps