Camp Nomadia - a camp for Nomads

Camp Nomadia - a camp for Nomads

Postby Serolynne » Sun May 18, 2008 12:17 pm

So we had this idea.. a Burning Man Theme Camp for nomads! What better place to converge... a place where nomads are at home in many spirits of the word! And how much more can the sense of freedom we have created for ourselves fit in with the 'American Dream' theme?

Our vision is to camp with other cool nomadic spirits, share stories, resources, share our passion for our chosen lifestyles and make connections for future rendezvouses. Perhaps as part of our theme camp, we can host discussion circles and presentations each showcasing our skills and interests. Or perhaps a literal 'Parade of Homes'?

Anyway.. welcome. We have to submit our application to Burning Man by the end of May, so if you're interested in joining this camp let us know ASAP so we can request an appropriate sized space.

This camp is open to current nomads, future nomads, wanna be nomads, part time nomads, domestic nomads, international nomads, technomads, lowtechnomads, former nomads, land nomads, amtrekkers, backpackers, water nomads or folks who just want to be around nomads (yes, your non-nomadic friends can join too!). Burning Man veterans and virgins alike!

See you on the playa!
- Cherie / Serolynne
- Serolynne / Cherie
Organizer, Camp Nomadia
Theme camp for Nomads, Vagabonds and Travelers
http://www.technomadia.com/campnomadia
Serolynne

1st (2nd) generation bedouin

Postby saxfunaftermath » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:14 pm

Hello Gnomads,

My dad was the last of his family of nomadic bedouins in Saudi Arabia before coming to America, and I though joining this camp might be a good way to rediscover my roots in the desert, in tribute as well to my father's American Dream. I am a lone newbie.
saxfunaftermath

Postby Serolynne » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:24 pm

Camp Nomadia has been placed near 4:30 & E.

We still have room for a few more nomads - so if you're self sufficient and looking for a low-fuss camp, please be in touch!

We won't be having much for infrastructure besides a shade structure - however we also don't have any camp fees. You'll need to provide your own arrangements for food, drinks, trash, showers, water, etc.

We'll also be hosting 'Nomadic Happy Hours' for nomads who'd like to hang out. Check to guide for times.

- Cherie / Serolynne
cherie@serolynne.com
- Serolynne / Cherie
Organizer, Camp Nomadia
Theme camp for Nomads, Vagabonds and Travelers
http://www.technomadia.com/campnomadia
Serolynne

Postby Linnea » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:53 pm

are you still taking people in the nomad camp? We are 6 time burners traveling with a 3 and 5 year old. Let us know!
Linnea

Three virgins looking for a camp

Postby burningash » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:16 am

Hi we are three virgins, one couple and one single female, easy to get along with, mature, and fit; we will be very self sufficient, just wanted to be with some other fun loving people to hand out with.
burningash

Postby lokione » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:43 am

Does the nomad camp still exist?
lokione

Postby wadudia3 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:39 pm

hello! i sent an email about myself and my love. we would love to join! are you now officially technomadia? anyways hope to hear from you soon! we love you!

ibada
-ibada

quiero vivir.
wadudia3

Return to 2008 Theme Camps