Bomb Bay Tea Company

Postby Enli » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:33 am

Amazing crew, wonderful time, lots of tea. I could not have asked for a better camp. I love you guys.

FC I believe you still owed me another hug though. AHEM
Enli

Postby Zorch » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:15 am

I'm not sure if I can really put the experience I had into words... so I'll just post a few pictures instead ;)

The whole camp and crew were amazing beyond all reckoning and I would gladly go into damn near any inhospitable situation if I knew they are were my back. Every last one of you is a truly special person.

Cheers and tallyho!

Zorch

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Bomb Bay Tea Co.
8pod

Postby fciron » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:00 am

I would have come back for a second round of good-bye hugs but we barely got the Black Sabkah bar packed up in time to watch the temple burn. Watched it from the burn platform in front of the Burners Without Borders camp and then jumped in the car and fled.

BRC is a funny place, I scored an extra day of burning and I spent it working and I was happy about it.
fciron

Postby Dusza Beben » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:06 pm

The Bomb Bay Tea Co. was a definite success. Thank you to all the lovely citizens that joined us for tea and special thanks to the crew that made it all possible. From amazing structures, props and facades to spectacular flags and tea room finery you all deserve a huge collective pat on the back. I've said it before but I'll say it again. For a group of mostly virgin burners that didn't actually meet until they hit the playa to not only put together a great looking camp but also pull together in some of the worst playa conditions ever and deliver a great gift to the community is simply amazing.
You have done the impossible and that makes you mighty.
An extra special thank you is in order for my favorite pharmacist, without whome my blown out back would have completely ruined my experience.
Thank you!

The Commodore
Agripunk,
For the angry farmer in all of us.
Dusza Beben

Postby **burn** » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:11 pm

Friday is so charming.
I met her outside and she bid me to enter and sit a spell and have a loverly cup of tea.
She is one of my favorite people I met.

Thank you for all your work and contribution.
Risky

The Booby Bar in
http://terminalvillage.com
**burn**

Postby Dusza Beben » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:30 pm

As the impossibly lovely cfilson said, "and the service was lovely, thanks to the child labor." Friday relished her role as tea hawker, in fact she took the duty upon herself! She said "Dad, there are people out there in the hot sun that need a break and a cool place to sit, I'm bringing them in." That's my girl! :D

DB
Agripunk,
Dusza Beben

Postby Mad Maxine » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:08 am

Having worked with smaller camps where catty behavior was prevalent and people were useless even in the best of conditions, I must say I was ever impressed by our camp. Thank you all for an extra wonderful experience again. It's proof to me that the Brass Goggles forum is full of some really great personalities.

Thanks to all for making my week a great experience.

Long live the Bomb Bay Tea! Hugs to all!

Huzzah!
M
Personality is what you are in the dark.
-John Whorfin
Mad Maxine

Tally Ho!

Postby wildilocks » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:15 am

I visited your fine establishment twice, and took photographs on both occassions! Your girl Friday was the pinnacle of hospitality and I had some lovely conversations with other patrons on both visits.

Here are aforementioned pictures!

wildilocks

Postby Zorch » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:01 am

Good heavens those are excellent photos! I see you even managed capture my elusive friend Thumper in the last shot.

Good show!!
Zorch

8pod

Postby jadewombat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:43 am

This was exactly what the doctor ordered, an original theme that wasn't post-apocalyptic, Mad Max, Pippy Long Stocking, Middle Eastern, survivalist, alcohol bar based theme camp. I'm so glad to see this.

We almost rode by, doing one of those, "they'll be there later" things. Well, I'm glad we didn't. My wife and I were the second to last couple to be served, for the whole week! Lucky. Loved the goggles ladies. Thanks so much again.

jadewombat

Postby fciron » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:25 am

Yay!

Lovely pics in my tent. Thanks.
fciron

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:13 pm

How were the scones?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Re: Tally Ho!

Postby Dusza Beben » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:22 pm

wildilocks wrote:I visited your fine establishment twice, and took photographs on both occassions! Your girl Friday was the pinnacle of hospitality and I had some lovely conversations with other patrons on both visits.

Here are aforementioned pictures!

You were most welcome company! The 'roo jerky was a real treat as well dear lady.
I'm sorry the missus and I never got to visit you at Spikes. This was definitely a "screw your plans and expectations" burn for us though we still had a great time.

Regards,
the Commodore
DB
Agripunk,
Dusza Beben

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Ah, Commodore DB, i had one of those "holy shit random / not random" moments that the playa provides when we stumbled across your camp that evening...i saw your beard, then the sign, and i just started grinning, i knew it was you.

it was a pleasure to meet you, if only for a few minutes, but i'm sure our cross will path again.

when i tried to return, of course, i got lost, and then dusty, and then lost some more.

and then dusty again.

Hip Hip Hurrah and all the bloody good Huzzahs i can throw your way, it looked splendid, even in the dark.

next year, maybe, we'll stop for a spell, and dance a dance, drink a drink, and say hello hello.
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby fciron » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:37 pm

Hey Simon,

I've got family in Rochester, so you were on my list of folks to meet. (You've got some interesting posts around here.)

Silly playa, I didn't do any of my list.
fciron

Postby Dusza Beben » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Simon! Tis sad indeed, I was so looking forward to meeting trophy wife!
I pray that all your playa business ventures were successfull. Though judging by the name tag I'm sure they were. Next time!

DB
Agripunk,
Dusza Beben

All Hail the Bomb Bay Tea Co.!!!

Postby Paulie_BELL CAMP » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Greetz and Salutes to the crew of the Bomb Bay Tea Co!!!

Fantastic Neighbors!!!

Paulie

BELL CAMP
Can yooooo dig it!
Paulie_BELL CAMP

Postby Dusza Beben » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:13 pm

Paulie! Speaking of fantastic neighbors, you and your crew were marvelous. I do regret not being able to spend more time with such a gracious host as yourself. Are you sure your not related to the "playa perfect Petermans"? You had EVERYTHING in that camp! I hope to yun into you again my friend.

Regards,
The Commodore

P.S. I forgot to steal your jacket! :wink:
Agripunk,
Dusza Beben

Right On!

Postby Paulie_BELL CAMP » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:48 pm

Ahhh, thanks, Chief.

And so it goes on the Playa...

A fond memory...you and the fam, clad in finery, rolling by on the art car, and you flash the quick MUA AH AH AH...

Great stuff...sigh...another year gone by, impelling us to yet more acts of reckless organization...

All the Best,

Paulie
Can yooooo dig it!
Paulie_BELL CAMP

Postby fciron » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:52 am

I think Paulie is part ninja.

There is no other explanation for his ability to materialize so suddenly from the darkness at some time in the middle of the night and cheerfully offer a drink. :wink:

Next year I promise to come visit when you actually have the Bell tent officially in action.
fciron

Postby Rev_Sysyphus » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:23 pm

I am El Grand Inquisitor Sysyphus de Sade of the Kingdom Of Loafington. Rumor had it that there was supposed to be a raid conducted against us by the BBTC that never occured. What happened? The battle would have been glorious!

Now that the castle has been burned there will never be another chance for a raid :cry:
Eschew The Banal!

Rev. Sysyphus
http://loafington.wordpress.com
Rev_Sysyphus

Postby Dusza Beben » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:39 am

Sadly repelling insurgents, aerial attacks and unfavorable battleground conditions precipitated a redirection of our empire crushing forces. I was so looking forward to enjoying a flagon of orange slack while the dead were accounted for and we roasted the minstrels for a post battle feast. This is not to say that the seeds of dissent have not already been sown into the ranks of your realm and are currently gnawing on its very foundations like a rat on a bone. Rust never sleeps...

:wink:

DB
Agripunk,
Dusza Beben

Postby Rev_Sysyphus » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:47 am

Dusza Beben wrote:Sadly repelling insurgents, aerial attacks and unfavorable battleground conditions precipitated a redirection of our empire crushing forces. I was so looking forward to enjoying a flagon of orange slack while the dead were accounted for and we roasted the minstrels for a post battle feast. This is not to say that the seeds of dissent have not already been sown into the ranks of your realm and are currently gnawing on its very foundations like a rat on a bone. Rust never sleeps...

:wink:

DB

We roasted the minstrels and turned them into Playa smores during the Monday dust storm. We were bored and needed something to fritter away the time! What's a Playa smore you ask? Take 2 Pringles, add some beef jerky (in this case the smoked & dried remains of the minstrels) then top with easy cheese (the sort that gets blasted from a can). Yum! I think I will make one now. Now where did I leave the spare minstrels? I suppose I could use the heretics I brought back from the Playa.

I hear you on how the storms and such forced a reevaluation of plans. I wanted to make a preemptive strike against you'all, but time was not on our side and in the end we could only mount a counter-raid on the Arconauts. We literally cought them sleeping so the battle was very one-sided.
Eschew The Banal!

Rev. Sysyphus
http://loafington.wordpress.com
Rev_Sysyphus

Postby Enli » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:45 am

[quote="wildilocks"]I visited your fine establishment twice, and took photographs on both occassions! Your girl Friday was the pinnacle of hospitality and I had some lovely conversations with other patrons on both visits. [/quote]

Oh you lovely girl! It was a pleasure serving you. Much thanks for enlightening those of us who would otherwise never know the taste of kangaroo!
Neverwas Haul
BM 2009

Mistress of Time, Server of Tea
The Bomb Bay Tea Company
BM 2008
Enli

Postby miimno » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:12 pm

fciron wrote:I think Paulie is part ninja.

There is no other explanation for his ability to materialize so suddenly from the darkness at some time in the middle of the night and cheerfully offer a drink. :wink:

Next year I promise to come visit when you actually have the Bell tent officially in action.

Paulie is the very essence of Ninja. I tell you! Pure Cosmo-Ninjality.
miimno

Postby wildilocks » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:57 pm

Zorch wrote:Good heavens those are excellent photos! I see you even managed capture my elusive friend Thumper in the last shot.

Good show!!

Why thankyou, kind Sir! :)
wildilocks

Postby wildilocks » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:00 am

Dusza Beben wrote:
You were most welcome company! The 'roo jerky was a real treat as well dear lady.
I'm sorry the missus and I never got to visit you at Spikes. This was definitely a "screw your plans and expectations" burn for us though we still had a great time.

Regards,
the Commodore
DB

Burns and plans and expectations don't go well together! I'm glad you had a wonderful time, and it was awesome to meet you too and share the antipodean cuisine. I'll try to touch base with you all over at brassgoggles once it comes back up, too :)

Also I'll be at Burning Life @ Spikes occasionally, there isn't going to be a Bomb Bay Tea presence there perchance? My SL name is Kudra Vale, incidentally, if anyone wishes to add me - I don't go on there often but will make a special attempt for Burning Life.
wildilocks

Postby wildilocks » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:02 am

Enli wrote:Oh you lovely girl! It was a pleasure serving you. Much thanks for enlightening those of us who would otherwise never know the taste of kangaroo!

You are most welcome - it was great fun giving it to all and sundry everywhere :)
wildilocks

Postby Zorch » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:22 am

Cool! I'm Zorch Voom in Second Life. I was going to join the burning life group but they closed it until the big event starts
Zorch

8pod

Previous

Return to 2008 Theme Camps