Stag Camp

mzfit's Stag Camp pics

Postby mzfit » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:30 pm

In case you are interested ....

http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/pp354/mzfit/
mzfit

Postby ScrogFather » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Nice pics Mzfit! Once again you are da man. My decompression is, well it is going. I need my tribe fix! How many more days until BM2009? Miss you all so much!
What makes you think we can fuck just because you put your tongue in my mouth and you twisted my titties Baby? "Live for the DASH!"
ScrogFather

Way Cool!

Postby pterribilini » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Dude, John you totally rock. Thanks for the pics, promse I'll get mine up soon. Just detailed my car today...3 hours later it is way too clean and has no Playa smell anymore. Is it weird that this makes me a little sad? And am I a freak for making an altar to 08' at home for all the little stuff I brought back with me? I miss the heck out of y'all :cry:
Hehehe....that dude just called me a LADY!
pterribilini

Postby mzfit » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Yeah - we worked on emptying more out of the RV last night. It's gonna be a long process! It is sooo filthy and dusty. Hoping to make more progress this weekend! My oldest said hey dad - I smell something kinda funny here in the kitchen area .....

I laughed!
mzfit

Postby Savannah » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Great pics! I didn't get to meet everybody in them, but it's fun to see the ones of those I did. And I love the shots of the Deep End in Saturday's whiteout. Yow, but dancing in a duststorm really lets you know you're alive...

pterribilini, I don't think that makes you "sad", missing the playa smell. I don't want to clean off my cowboy/riding boots. They look so real right now. :)

Btw, I was one of Stag Camp's neighbors, located across Edsel in the Duck Star mini-camp. If someone's camera has a picture of a tanned girl standing up in the giant metal duck art car, it's probably of me, and I would love to see it. Thanks!
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby SonOfUgly » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:44 pm

killer pics mzfit
SonOfUgly

Postby sarahbellum911 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Tried to go back to work today...and I use the word tried very loosely LOL. Tomorrow is the major unpack the totes day and I am kinda excited about being all dusty again.

The pics really made me smile...thanks for the link!!

I walked into my house and it smelled funny. I did the laundry and it smelled funny...everything is just a little off...I think it's the lack of playa. I might need to roll something in the dust and keep it around to remember how things SHOULD smell.
sarahbellum911

Postby jasonburnswell » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:48 pm

sarah...
exactly....the way things should smell. like dirt and love....:)
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:03 pm

Savanah,
It was fun having you and your camp mate hang out with us.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Savannah » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Thank you. :)
Savannah

Postby mzfit » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:30 pm

So I once again am covered in playa dust. I spent the weekend cleaning out the RV - inside and out - as well as cleaning up most of my gear (chairs, grill, etc) I've gotta say - I have come to love the smell of playa dust! The inside of the RV no longer has that "funny" smell and should be just fine when I take it into the shop next week for the replacement awning.

Tribe being down still is driving me nuts though....
mzfit

Postby sarahbellum911 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:45 pm

bah! My Colts lost...tribe is still down and I offically have to return to work tomorrow.
Most of the dust has been banished but I do still have some playa coverd Blue Moon and sodas that i just couldn't make myself wipe down muwahhahaha. The adventure shall live on!! :twisted:
sarahbellum911

Postby ScrogFather » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:09 am

I here ya Sarah, my Dolphins lost, but my Gators whipped that Hurricane arse! I still have dust inside my truck. I am not completely unpacked and I am so looking forward to next year on the playa. By the way Tribe sucks!
What makes you think we can fuck just because you put your tongue in my mouth and you twisted my titties Baby? "Live for the DASH!"
ScrogFather

Postby Free2B » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:08 pm

Tribe's up ! Yeeeeeeeeeeey. I had a dream it was up... now I know I'm twisted!
Free2B

Postby Free2B » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:11 pm

Alright, so it's seriously slow, but it's up..
Free2B

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:39 pm

Oh no! Tribe seems to be down again.
Hope al of you are well and that your decompressions have been manageable. I've barely put anything away since the Dr. put me on a 10LB lifting limitation and limited ambulation. I've been feeling good and tomorrow I go in for more Heavy Duty kidney work.

Stay DustY!!!!!

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Postby sarahbellum911 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:45 pm

Good Luck tomorrow! Let us know how it all turns out.
sarahbellum911

Postby ScrogFather » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Best wishes for ya Motsky. I am sure it will, but hope all turns out OK.
ScrogFather

Hello Evrybuddy!

Postby fournonjohn » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:46 pm

This is John as in Sarah n John. I miss the hell outta you all and I miss the playa as well. My first year included lots of shock, but the biggest shock :shock: of all was returning home and having to deal with the default world again! :( I really had a blast and I really want to say how much I loved everyone in Stag. STAGGER ON!
fournonjohn

Postby plowman » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:03 pm

Greatings and Salutations fellow Staggers,
First and Formost;
Motsky, I'm so sorry for not returning Monday evening. It was getting cold and I was all packed up and didn't want to sleep in the open again, there was no traffic (took me 10 minutes to hit the main road) went a little faster than 5mph but it didn't matter. I talked with Fontaine at the flagger station and he assured me you had the Space Yacht loaded and everything was ready for your Exodus. When I waved Larry through the flagger station I felt secure that everything was alright. The thought of you having the last night of Burning Man with Red, Nikki, and Stef does make me a little jealous and very envious.
Shit! Just got a call, I have to respond to an accident.
Will continue later.

STAGGER ON!!!!!
plowman

Postby Savannah » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Plowman--thank you for your hospitality! There was no better way to spend the whiteout on Saturday than to slap a naughty bag of wine with all a y'all. :)
Savannah

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:23 pm

Plowman,
No worries. A man is best when he is his own compass. I had a feeling later on that once you headed out you would keep on going. I saluted you good bye and good luck on the road in my mind at that time. I was all packed up except for very small details and was well taken care of by the remnants of our crew.
I loaded the Space Yacht with the help of a random passerby. She did a great job directing me on to the trailer and damn near got the yacht on dead center. Burners are FANTASTIC!!!!!

Thank You!!! to everyone who helped me out during the week. Thanks to all of you guys for helping make my burn a good one. I had a really good time despite my medical issue and virtual confinement to camp.

Damn that was a strong drink Rebecca! You scared me with that elixr.
Thank you Secret Service for protecting me from Hobos and for your mission to get me back on playa!
Thank you RED!!!! You are the best!! I truly appreciate how much you helped me out. It was the best thing ever to hear your voice outside my hospital room.

motskyroonmatick

Postby pterribilini » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:37 am

Mots

So since you haven't put much away I assume you still haven't unearthed the hobo I squirreled away in your truck? He should be nice and ripe by the time you get up and around again. :lol: Good luck with the stones man. I hope the docs blast the shit out of them and you have a speedy recovery. Thanks for a fabulous burn.
pterribilini

Many many small stones are better than one big one!

Postby motskyroonmatick » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:08 pm

Yah my box truck is still full of stuff. I wondered what that hobo like smell was. Guess I know now. Only about 11 days until I am off of my 10 lb lifting limitation and then the serious cleaning will begin. That hobo will be outa there!!! I can't wait to drive Glficus Carticus and apply the cool stickers Stefanie gave me.
Any way yesterday I went to the Hospital and got my guts shook up by the sonic blaster thing and now I pee very small rocks. I feel a bit beat up but I can type and surf the web so that keeps me a little distracted.

By the way everyone---Stag Camp was looking real good in the LNT department when Red, Nick, Stef and I pulled out. Nice work Staggers!!!!!

motskyroonmatick

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:12 pm

Hello and another "thanks so much for your hospitality" from the other half of The DuckStar! (Amanda here.) You all were wonderful neighbors, and "slap the bag" and dancing in the Deepend during Saturday's dust storm definitely top my list of enjoyable moments for this year.

I didn't take very many pictures this year, but I did get a great one of Mr. Joe Camel blowing fire early in the week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spaceling/2827212042/in/set-72157607100155670/

Hoping to see some of you again next year. :)

- Mockingbird

p.s. Motsky, I hope you're recovering well!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:24 pm

Thanks, \tÉ™-ˈkÄ“-lÉ™, tÄ

motskyroonmatick

Postby Crappypants » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:22 pm

I only ended up sleeping in my tent maybe twice the whole time, but cheers to everyone i did manage to see while i was bumming around camp, you lads are awesome.
....the edge just has a better view.
Crappypants

Postby jasonburnswell » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:28 pm

i know noone is posting here anymore buti hope someone stumbles upon this sometime...
thanks you so much for everything everyone did at stag this year. whether it was creating the camp and doing all the early arrival stuff. or helping keep the shade structure up after the wind, or or helping keep me upright after too much of just about everything! or maybe you were the one who gave me some of that wonderfulness...big thanks! or maybe you just recieved something from me and gave me the oppertunity to be that guy that gave someone something....actually thats the biggest one i guess.
this year was a bit weird for me... it lacked in some ways( mostly my doing) and was alot of really fun things too...( mostly mine and everyone elses doing) i got what i got and i'm sure that is exactly what i needed.
so i guess its thank you thank you thank you. i will see as many of you as i can muster through the year and defo at the playa next year.

sweet jesus! burningman and hence you guys make my life so much fuller!

thanks.... the jason
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Love for The Jason

Postby pterribilini » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Jason

I just wanted you to know that one of the best single moments I had at the burn was with you. We were all in camp Sunday after Temple, and everyone was kinda quiet and reflecting on the past week. You came up and sat next to me and snuggled up with me in my big fury coat. Your head was on my shoulder and it was so nice to sit there and not say anything and know that we were still on the same wavelenth. OMG...how hippy does that sound? Something about that moment has stuck with me and has brought such a smile and a feeling of utter peace to me whenever I have thought about it. So in respose to you, you're welcome for whatever you got from me, I can only hope it compares in some small way to what I got from you.

Patty
pterribilini

Postby Savannah » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:50 pm

"or maybe you just recieved something from me and gave me the oppertunity to be that guy that gave someone something....actually thats the biggest one i guess."

Actually, if you're the Jason I think you are, you *are* "That Guy". You manned two or three different cameras for us on the morning I left, and took a couple of really kickass photographs of me with Mockingbird, Maria and Sasha. I rarely make it into my Burning Man photos--there are so few of me there, in existence--and I hold you responsible for taking a really lovely photo of us.

So...I hope you're the person I'm thinking of, and if so, thank you so much for capturing us so well in a happy moment. It was a really nice gift, and I'm sure you didn't know how significant it is to me.
Savannah

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps