Stag Camp

Postby melancholy harlot » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:22 pm

crappypants and twinwitin, thanks for checking out the tribe situation. even though that site will probably be a bit quiet for now, perhaps our newcomers want to go over, skim through the "Introduce Yourself" section and post up. it helps kinda personalize things and to clarify stuff like... Motsky=David Opie, Plowman=Shell(Sheldon), Mel=Nikki, Fat SAM=Steve, etc. (Thanks kreamy, I didn't even think of the fact we all have, like, twelve names...)

Good eyes there re: piowman... I'm intrigued. His info says he just joined. Is that you, Shell, having some strange computer malfunction or are you, mystery man, another person all together??

iNiers!, what you're experiencing is totally normal. Do not be alarmed. It will only increase in intensity.
melancholy harlot

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:47 pm

Yeah i am thinking about nothing but WHY CAN'T I BE AT BURNING MAN ALREADY DAM IT!!!!!... well that and my local events that we are having shortley :) FIRE FRIDAYS AND FOOLS PARADISE RULE!!!! GRRR trying to figure out where i am going to store all my glow stuff i will be bringing... Lots of glow well over the 1100 i had last year... this years aim is about 4000 braclets.... with like 200 big sticks and then like 2000 necklases... btw for everybody i know i spell shit wrong and i don't care lol it is what makes me me!
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby plowman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:02 pm

piowman is another person altogether!!
Welcome piowman.

iNiers,
In the past, I would forget about BM for a while and go back to bussiness as usual until it was time to buy tickets. Then forget for a while, until around June. When August comes around I would always discover that I didn't do the things that I wanted to do to prepare and panic always sets in.
This year, on the other hand, I have thought of BM on a daily basis. I think it's because last year I met more of the most beautiful, talented, fantastic,energetic, people than I have ever met in my life. And the best part is, they were all in the same camp. Yep. Think of it every day and I'm a 6 year veteran. But I would almost bet that nothing will get done until Friday before I have to leave to come home. I must be crazy but I actually look forward to that anxious and panicy time. Means I'm going Home

kreamyjif,
Yep that was me.
Hope I didn't damage your mind too much by that first encounter
plowman

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:06 pm

Shell i don't think you could damage anybodys first encounter... then again if you did not have coffie first maybe... me on the other hand lol :) i scare some people....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby The stoker » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:04 am

CrappyPants,
Keep in touch with me as the burn gets closer. I am currently working on plans to be in Yosemite for the summer and thus close to SanFran. I will be heading out from there probably.
“Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?â€
The stoker

Stag it is!

Postby The stoker » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:09 am

So here is my declaration, I will be at Stag again this year for part deuce. I cannot help but be excited after checking into here after a few days away and seeing how many people are joining in. I love it. New faces minus preformed clicks. Booze I am definitely in for bring as much as possible as it is my water for the week. and coffee for the morning is great as well with Kahlua. So keep up the good conversations. I want to meet more people.
“Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?â€
The stoker

Postby Somnivore » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:04 am

Well, well, well

WHAT'S UP BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I mean that in the most lovingly way! I leave you guys alone for a few months and look what's spawned :twisted: :twisted: Damn, is it just me or does everybody else wish it was August already? It's freaking 4 a.m. and all I can think about is the email I've gotten from Shell and Nikki.
Motsky-sorry I haven't kept in touch about your travelling, had some stuff going on related to the heart thing last year but all is well. Guess it's time to get my brain working on this years coming home, I can taste the bisquits already.
For the newbies, let me reiterate (probably spelled that wrong) READ LAST YEARS POSTS. They tell all about our preplanning and everything leading up to actually being there. Hell, I drove from Florida and was posting on my drive (park outside any local sports bar, they've always got internet you can bogart 8) ). Hi to all that I don't know yet, this will be the best group of people you've ever met!
"Salt em and leave their little beef jerky asses laying around as a testament to the other little mother fuckers that are lurking in the shadows!" Big Worm
Somnivore

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:09 pm

Somnivore!!!!!!!,
We have been busy haven't we. New faces are getting us excited and moving again and I am already scheming about the land grab.
My work and $ situation made it so I could not pursue wider travels than my trip to Chicago this weekend.
I hope you are well.
Got to go and check out the eclipse.
later
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:50 pm

OH shit i forgot that was tonight!!! DAM IT lol but we are breeding like rabits on here hee hee lol!
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby BigCock » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:27 pm

where are the rabbits?
BigCock

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:35 pm

Find the carrots and very shortly you will find rabbits.

Don't forget to sharpen your claws before combat.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:50 pm

:( DAM SAN DIEGO it is always clear then every time were suposed to have some big even in the sky sure then shit the clouds roll in and block the view DAM IT!!!! oh hey good news i am taking my driving test soon :) so this year i should have my own wheels to get to the play... looking at a Land Rover, and a ford ranger....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby twinwitin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:50 am

we watched the eclipse last night...beautiful! I have four cancers in my life (three of them live with me) so any lunar activity is met with alot of joy and spirit. :D
twinwitin

Postby Somnivore » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:48 am

Mots, are you still planning on building an art car? I thought Nikki mentioned that TJ might be building one. Are you planning on volunteering again this year? I'd love to get an early arrival again but don't want to lose those first few days like last year.
"Salt em and leave their little beef jerky asses laying around as a testament to the other little mother fuckers that are lurking in the shadows!" Big Worm
Somnivore

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:00 pm

I know i plan on doing 2 shifts again this year probley bolth airport even though it is all the way on the other side of the city i LOVED THAT PLACE... lol it was cool....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Piowman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:07 pm

plowman is another person altogether!!
Welcome plowman.

whew!! I'm all shook up!
did anybody else feel the earth movin this morning?!
I'm out here in the middle of nowhere, but I know somebody else had to feel it. It felt like a biggy. when California and part of Nevada drops into the ocean, I just might be sittin on beach front property. I'll be surfing again!

for now, I'll be thinking of BM and driving my snowpiow so the flatlanders can drive their SUVs
Piowman

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:51 pm

????? I AM WAY CONFUSED??? lol oh wait is this piowman.... maybe he is plowmans brother? hummm i wonder
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby plowman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:58 pm

I have that same thought. He is a sneeky little shit, you know.
plowman

Postby melancholy harlot » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:19 pm

I would be way pleased if piowman is plowman's brother. I would thank him for leaving plowman fake tits in his tent, which made for awesome photos.
melancholy harlot

Postby Somnivore » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:27 pm

I'd settle for some real ones in mine this year 8) :twisted:
Somnivore

Postby plowman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:05 pm

Me too!!
But I'll bring the fake ones for you somni. Just in case.
plowman

Postby Somnivore » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:17 pm

:lol: Thanks P-man, can always count on ya!
Somnivore

Postby plowman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:28 pm

We did have an Earthquake this morning, about 90 miles east of here.
It was a 6 or 6.3 depending on who you talk to. By the time it got here it felt like a 3.5, maybe a 4. Noone in my crew had ever been in an Earthquake before. It was funny, to me at least.They were all freaking out. I just grabbed my coffee so it wouldn't get spilled, from the rumbling or the panic of my crew, I don't know. But I couldn't help but to chuckle over the whole situation. As long as my coffee wasn't spilled.
plowman

Postby Somnivore » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:30 pm

I can picture you sitting there with a big ole shit eating grin on your face :wink:
Somnivore

Postby plowman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:55 pm

Oh!!
You should have seen them, running all over as the windows rattled. It started at one end of the shop and you could actually see the Earth roll from one end to the other. Magnificent! I lived in Earhquake country (Southern California) and all this did was to bring back memories and a laugh.
The best part was, I had to go out and check all of the bridges in my section for cracks and stress.Kept it from being a boring day.
Buy the Whey!!
All Highway bridges from Carlin to Battle Mountain are safe and secure.
plowman

Postby wedeliver » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:47 pm

It would be interesting to go look for surface rupture in the area, earthquakes don't occur all that often in northeastern Nevada. (bummer to be in a mine shaft in elko when it happened I bet) We are still within the window (next 3 or 4 days) for this to be a part of a larger event.

below is usgs stuff

The seismological data from this earthquake show that it occurred on a normal fault that trends roughly north-south and has a dip of 30-60 degrees. Based on the location, depth, trend of fault, and proximity to mapped active faults, the earthquake likely occurred on the west-dipping Independence Valley fault system. The fault zone bounds the western margin of the Pequop Mountains, which are located about 30 km east of Wells, Nevada. The entire fault system is approximately 64 km long and consists of a zone of subparallel range-front normal faults.

The most recent surface rupture on the Independence Valley fault zone likely occurred several tens of thousands of years ago. Independence Valley, which lies to the west of the fault, was filled by Lake Clover during the time of the last major glacial advance about 15-20,000 years ago. The fault does not cut the highest shorelines of this lake, which indicates that the most recent movement on the fault predates the lake. In addition, a recent geological study to investigate the history of fault movements estimated that the most recent large earthquake that caused surface rupture occurred at least 42,000 years ago (Wesnousky and others, 2005). Smaller earthquakes that didn't rupture the ground surface likely have occurred more frequently on the Independence Valley fault zone.

Earthquakes in Nevada are not uncommon. One of the most significant sequences of earthquakes in the western U.S. occurred in Nevada during the first half of the 20th century. The sequence started in 1915, when a magnitude 7.3 earthquake occurred in Pleasant Valley south of Winnemucca. The sequence culminated with a series of four major earthquakes that ranged in magnitude between 6.6 to 7.1 in 1954 the vicinity of the Carson Sink and Dixie Valley. This sequence of earthquakes defines the Central Nevada Seismic Belt.

The geologic expression and studies of the Independence Valley fault zone indicate a relatively low long-term rate of activity, but this event demonstrates that the fault remains active and has the potential to generate larger earthquakes. It is noteworthy that the geologic expression of this range-front fault is similar to hundreds of other faults throughout the Basin and Range Province of the western United States.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/eqi ... 9/#summary
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Postby plowman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:28 pm

I bet it was a little scarey for the underground miners , no problems have been recorded so far,( they moniter the hell out of those shafts for this very reason). The saddest part of this is that the Historical part of town in Wells has fallen down. Not much left to preserve for future generations.
The real history of the old west is slowly fading away, and that truley makes me sad.
plowman

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:37 pm

:( makes me sad as well i wanna see all that ghost town stuff before it goes Poof into the wind and ground... or gets defaced or burned down by some dam punk kids.
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby purpleflowerhippie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:33 am

hello,
im ally or purple flower hippie :roll:
u might have heard of me through funky monkey mech :)
i am in canada right now but we met in the offroading limo at the sd decom :wink:
looking forward to the burn yay :D
purpleflowerhippie

Postby chiefdanfox » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:05 am

The entire Basin and Range region is a product of profound geologic movement. Huge earthquakes are as common in this region as are bumblebees on lupine.
chiefdanfox

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps