Stag Camp

Postby Anubislg » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:25 pm

Hugs...Spanks....hhmmm...
I'll have to consult my all knowing and all omnipotent black spherical object with the numerical number of Eight upon it's shiny top exterior. :lol:
Empire of Pockets
Anubislg

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:58 pm

Ahhh the magical eight ball *** starts bowing*** its powers are great. We keep one at work to help make the really tough choices..... and to sometimes ask if we will ever get out of there.......
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Look at me!

Postby lonestoner916 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:03 am

lonestoner916

Postby Anubislg » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:31 pm

Holy crap, that's an awesome picture!!!

Oh, speaking of Stag Camp and what-not....

I've been tinkering around with some graphics for two people who are going to Burning Man, annnnddd came up with what I think is a pretty sweet logo.

I've been thinking of turning it into a flag (not a normal one, either...those ones that are like long banners that reach all the way to the ground). What do you guys think? Awesome thing to have in front of my tent? Bad thing?

Heck, if it's a good thing, I'd gladly say let's put it in front of the Stag Camp!

It doesn't look so good at low-res, but this is basically how the flag would look. It would be 8 feet tall.
Empire of Pockets
Anubislg

Cool flag!

Postby lonestoner916 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:53 pm

I dig it!
MAKE IT.
BRING IT.
:twisted:
lonestoner916

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:14 pm

I like...I like.... for sure dude bring it... oh and hey we still need a pirate flag stencle made up for the black cloth I am bringing to make our space pirate flag.... sombody put an awesome pirate flag on our tribe page stag skull with crossed cutlasses under it...
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Looks Bad Ass!
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Anubislg » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:56 pm

Need to make a few modifications to it (I don't like how the legs just suddenly end), but I'm going to bring it! :D

Where should we plonk this monstrous thing, anyway?
Empire of Pockets
Anubislg

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Can put it by the camp entrance point.... where we are going to probley put up Larry's Scafolding to make like an entry gate.... or on top of it.... but if we did it on top would need two so it looks even..... ouch my playa bar tab this year so far is $301.65... still need to ad one or two more things....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Anubislg » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:36 pm

I stopped keeping track of my tab, since this is my first. :P
Have to buy SOOOO many things since my old camping gear would turn into a "crumpled bunch of aluminum" on the playa...hehe.

No can do with the two though, just have enough for one! >.<'
Empire of Pockets
Anubislg

Postby p-lo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:06 am

Stag camp sounds like the place for me, I've had two friends back out now because of money. I'm goin anyway and really like the sound of a stag camp. This is my third burn and I'm really lookin forward to it. Please let me know how I can be a part of this camp other than showing up. Where will it be?
do we know yet? see ya on the playa.
p-lo
"I Brake for hallucinations" P.R.
p-lo

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Welcome to stag camp!!!! please read the 2007 and 2008 threads also please check out our tribe.net page..... there is always room with us.... As for where stag camp will be placed we will be trying to be around 8:45 between F&G Streets like we were last year..... signs will be posted around that area to direct you in and we will have signs marking the camp so you won't miss it.... :)

Hey you would not happen to be offering rides on the Burning Man ride share page would you cause i saw p-lo on there was wondering if it was you... I need a ride and would be willing to help with gas and the like... don't got much stuff and only need a ride up as i am trying to get a ride to Seattle after the burn. Thanks and welcome to camp :)

Knew i forgot something.... here is the tribe page link http://tribes.tribe.net/stagcamp2point0
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby plowman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:40 pm

I will bring my Greatful Dead flag again (steal your face, with teddy bears)
actually, it's a new one, but the same as last year.
And a Rebel flag,
And a Pirate flag ( just your basic skull and cross bones)
And a Nevada State flag.
Just need poles to put them on.

They make great landmarks.

If you see MR. Boyer,
let me know! K.
plowman

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Humm if larry brings the scafolding we can secure them to it with zip ties.... humm *** tries to think of somthing***

Hum what about pecies of PVC and zip ties...
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby jasonburnswell » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:11 am

hey i got a NH state flag.... i'll bring it... zip ties should work..especially if we drill holes in the pvc and lace it through....
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:51 am

Going to Bring my flag i got in Australia yeah it is an Australian Flag .... And can see if i can get a Marine Corp Flag or American flag from the base PX..... Will see what ones they have there...

Oh and i can get big zip ties.....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby p-lo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:34 am

"Hey you would not happen to be offering rides on the Burning Man ride share page would you cause i saw p-lo on there was wondering if it was you... I need a ride and would be willing to help with gas and the like... don't got much stuff and only need a ride up as i am trying to get a ride to Seattle after the burn. Thanks and welcome to camp :)"

Monkey Mech, thanks a lot, lookin forward to having some cool campmates. Yeah that's me on the ride share board. I figured, since everyone flaked out on me I'd offer a ride and gain a little company for the trip up. I haven't committed to anyone yet but If you're interested email me and we'll iron out the details.

p-lo
"I Brake for hallucinations" P.R.
p-lo

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:59 pm

You got mail dude :) yaaaaa can't wait to get the funk out of here....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby pizzamancer » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:15 pm

I saw that there were no dues and it was everyone for themselves at the Stag Camp, but I was wondering how much extra stuff people brought, and if it was possible to grab some tent space from someone.

I am coming from Japan, and the last thing I want to bring is a tent, and I don't want to buy a cheap one to throw away when I leave. That is quite possibly the worst kind of moop around I think.

Anyone with some tent space?

Also, I haven't finalized the city I am planning to fly into. I looked at rideshare, but I listed my destination as coming from Japan, so I don't think I will get many takers, although I did talk to a guy from Vegas. Someone recommended SF. Anyone going from there with a spare seat?
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Anubislg » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:49 pm

I might have some extra tent space!
It depends on if the tent I'm thinking of works or not though.
I'll be testing it out tomorrow/Saturday (three friends who have all been to burning multiple times make for a GREAT test environment) so I'll be able to give you the yay or nay as to if I'll have extra space. :)

Hope my tent will be ok...it's flippin' huge...the Taj Mahal of tents...almost! :D

Unfortunately, the vehicle I'm bringing out there has very little room, so a ride out there I wouldn't be able to do. :(
Empire of Pockets
Anubislg

Postby plowman » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:56 pm

I have an extra tent that I'll bring.
Also, I can't remember but who ever is bringing the
parachute, I just scored on some fiberglass poles that
fit together, We can push the center up to around 20 feet
And sturdy enough to withstand the wind.

Yard sales are great!!
plowman

Postby cunfuzelled » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:13 pm

i am bringing the parachute tent. i have an old maple spiniker pole from my uncles old boat as the center pole. all the lines are tied already with 8 outside poles all i have to do to asemble the thing is measure for steak placement and tighten the lines. i have a 12 by 24 piece of shade cloth maby those fiberglass poles could hold it up

[quote="plowman"]I have an extra tent that I'll bring.
Also, I can't remember but who ever is bringing the
parachute, I just scored on some fiberglass poles that
fit together, We can push the center up to around 20 feet
And sturdy enough to withstand the wind.

Yard sales are great!![/quote]
cunfuzelled

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:04 am

Yeah i love yard sales... and surplus stores.... think one of the best ones was when i was in Iraq they got this DRMO lot ( they have it in the states to all ya gotta do is look online...) where we could pull parts off of old dead hummers to use on our 2 working ones, cammo nets and parachutes to make shade structures.... all sorts of cool shit... we did not have to buy it just had to have our supply office sign for it and pick it up.... which yeah that was like pulling teeth from a lion some times....

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/

check it out.... this is the site where i think you can buy a bunch of surplus stuff... Sell everything from old web gear to Duces and Aircraft as scrap....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby plowman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Funky,
How the hell did you know they were surplus.
We don't have a surplus store around here (the closest one is in Twin
Falls). But thats were I saw these poles a few years ago.
If we can't use them for tent poles, they will make great flag poles.
Anyway, I'll bring them.

If you see MR. Boyer,
let me know!K.
plowman

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:55 am

Because Funky is the freeking man dude..... as soon as you said fiberglass poles bout 20 feet high I saw our shade structure we made in Iraq out of a set of them and an old vehical drop parachute.... so I know what your talking about.... they fit together, fiberglass, some newer ones have metal joiners where they come together for extra strenght in wind ..... and usually come with cammo net kits.... They are great for tents and shade structures.... great score dude.... quick fyi though check them for cracks around the connection points some times they are hard to spot.... did he also have/sell you the 3 armed top piece used for holding up camo netting/ parachutes. If he did not have/sell it to you they are not to hard to pick up online or at sruplus store... Oh and guy lines are a must if we get winds like last year... or a bucket full of cement as a stand.... trust me you don't want them going wild in wind....;)
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby nebulachic » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:30 pm

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! I was just wondering about this! Not sure if my friend will make or not yet.

So staggers can camp at Stag Camp too??? Or is it just going to be a hang out place??
nebulachic

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Staggers can stay at stag camp.... even if your friend was with you both of you would still be able to stay at stag camp.... Stag Camp is for people who are coming by them self or with friends and don't wanna camp with a big theme camp but don't wanna camp by them selves either.... and if you like to stay your more then welcome :).... Please do read the 2007 and 2008 Threads on e-playa also read the 2008 survivor guide.... and register on tribe to be able to see our page http://tribes.tribe.net/stagcamp2point0 that is where we have a lot of plans and drawings and talk more about camp related things :).... and again Welcome to Stag Camp :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Dear Nebula,
Stag Camp 2.0 is more of a camp than a hang out place but we will have some awesome shades to hang out under. If you are stag, couple, mini-camp or whatever you are welcome with us. We ask that all our camp members are radically self reliant as we do not provide any services. It is also great if you can contribute something to camp but definitely not required. A big number of us are bringing some form of shade is an example. There is a great spirit of volunteerism within the camp for both goings on within the camp and to help with the burn as well. Getting help with something (like anywhere on the playa) is not an issue. If you want to join us check out our previous posts and join up on the tribe tribe. See you at the burn.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby nebulachic » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:40 pm

Cool... BUT I just thought of something. I'm 39 and my friend who might be joining me (male) is 41. Are we too old to rock-n-roll with the other staggers???
nebulachic

Postby plowman » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:28 pm

Well I don't know about the age thing.
Let me rephrase, HUH!!! What the hell are you talking about???
Age is more mantal than physical. If you are young at heart,
Who the hell cares how old you are !
Our age group last yesr was "early 20s to late 60s".
I think you will fit in this age bracket, but personally,
I DONT THINK IT MATTERS!!!!

If you see MR. Boyer,
let me know.K
plowman

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps