Stag Camp

Postby Oldguy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Oh yeahhhhh, I just got an e-mail from Rangers telling me I can take Alpha training. I requested registration for this saturdays program on Playa. If not, I'll just take training Tuesday the 26th on Playa. Scheduling reshuffle might be necessary. If it is, I hope people won't hate me. Only two months to go... :wink:
Oldguy

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Monkey Business Annex of Banana Camp

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:58 pm

wow i just noticed you joined e-play on 7 may 2006 thats my birthday :).... mega cool.... good luck with ranger training.... i just wanna hear from the airport.... thinking about e-mailing blaze or tiger tiger to see whats up....
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Oldguy, We are not placed because we are intentionally not registered as a theme camp. This allows us to be able to do a size appropriate land grab to accommodate whatever size the camp gets to. There will be directions to camp posted here and on the tribe site. It will be a glorified version of turn left after the greeters and look for and then follow the signs.
Congrats on the Ranger acceptance. Thats awesome!
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby twinwitin » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:09 pm

cheeky- Are they using any Erickson aircranes, fighting the fires? (I used to teach the son of one of the executives) just curious.
Bring on the massage table, Old Man!!!!!
2 months! 2 months! 2 months! Yes I'm excited ha ha ha
does anyone have the "skinny" on the '08 survival guide?? I have read the one fo '07 a million times, I need some new material!!! ha ha ha
twinwitin

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:45 pm

hear it is a repeat of the 2007 guide with a new part on the "911" system.... people have a certain type of radio ( MURS Radios....) can tune to the "911 emergency channel" ( Channel 5) and call for help from BM emergency dispatch center so that camps don't need to send runners... anybody can buy one of these radios.... seems like the average price is around $80 to $199 and from i have read can make calls all the way across the playa... don't need to send runners for help to a ranger station.... there is a whole thread e-playa about the MURS Radios..... from what the thread said they are not in great use yet so the BM ORG decided before everybody has them they will make the rule of keeping Channel 5 on MURS radios, clear for the new 911 Radio program they are trying to set up....

Here is the Thread for the Radio Conversation

viewtopic.php?t=24587&highlight=murs+radio
Funky Monkey Mech

GO ME!!!!

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:13 am

Finally got my dam ticket.... got it for $250... fell bad that the person that sold it can't go but.... :) glad i got a cheaper ticket and managed to save some $$$$... Wahoo..... go me go me....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby twinwitin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:18 am

You're soo cheeky!! :wink:

Let us have a moment of silence for our fallen burner who was unable to go :(

Let us thank the ticket gods who connected said burner and cheeky :)
twinwitin

Postby twinwitin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:38 am

On the topic of the murs radios, sister and I were wondering if we should invest in a set? Being virgins, and women we thought it would be a good way to stay in contact, in case of emergencies etc... No offense to our proud, mighty, stag family we know rescue is only a "holler" away, but we and the family will all be all over the place etc... soooo....
twinwitin

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:44 am

i was looking into one just to keep on my belt as a just in case... like somebody else on deep playa needs EMS and it a long ride back to get ambulance.... or in my tent as a camp 911 system... since we are going to have a public party area it would be a good idea then again if we are at the same spot again the ranger station and ems is right around the corner.... hey mots you should get one of them for your space yacht so we can communicate with you :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby plowman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Funky,
So glad your back. The last I heard you said you weren't going to make it this year. Very happy to know that you came to your senses and will grace us once again with your presence.

Sorry fellow Staggers for being away so long. Work has been harder than usual these past few weeks. 2 people on our crew were fired and we can't replace them because of the budget crunch here in Nevada so I'm working longer hours. The next 6 weeks look even more difficult.
I can't wait to get on the playa so I can relax and enjoy my family.

OH! and if anyone sees Mr. Boyer, let me know. K
plowman

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Mr Boyer?? sure will keep my eyes out for him.... yeah i finally go around to the dam ticket issue.... now if we can only get the fires up north under control..... it is crazy up there and only getting worse.... i am still on stand by.... sucks that your so busy dude.... but then again as my dad once said.... " I rather be busy, the laid off" so i guess it a good thing ya busy.... grrrr not long now... can't wait to get out there wahoo.... monkey might not bring many gifts this year though which i am sad about :( but i will try my best to bring atleast enough glow sticks for the camp at night and hopefully can afford enough booze for my bar :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:14 pm

Communication on the Space Yacht to other far off people will be by Citizens Band Radio or by Amplified Public Address. Communication between officers on the Space Yacht will be by telephone or if necessary F2F voice. My level of investment in the Space Yacht has reached a high enough level that every purchase is carefully weighted. MURS although attractive is not an option at this point. I have been a fan of talkabout radios but their prevalence coupled with a complete lack of reasonable radio communication practices makes them useless. I am planning to make a CB base station for camp and it will be known by the call sign CAPCOM. I'm sure one of you will change that to STAGCOM in very short order. Lets keep this tight people! The more official we make it the more fun it will be!! Proper radio procedures will be observed by the use of the hey you its me method of contact followed by a clear concise and hopefully brief message. The S.S.S.P. will have a CB also.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Anubislg » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:49 pm

Um, hi everyone!!

Virgin to Burning Man here, and well....Stag Virgin!
I have a few friends that are going, but we're all going to be in separate camps, and I couldn't think of a better group of people to be with than the Stag Camp!

So erm...is there still room? I'm defiantly stoked to be going. :D
Anubislg

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:53 pm

First off welcome Anubislg there is always room in stag camp... we just assimilate everybody... and the vampire monkey loves more fresh meat ** cough cough clears throat*** i mean ahhh :) yeah so.... may i suggest reading 2007 and 2008 stag thread also the survival guide on the BM web page..... plus we have a thread on tribe http://tribes.tribe.net/stagcamp2point0 ... 83cdb93%5D
Wow that was a longer link then i though.....

Second thing:

OHH OHH OHH i can be a radio operator...:D

" Capcom Space Yacht..over"
" Space Yacht Capcom... send it over"
" Capcom Space Yacht..... do you need any thing out there.... over"
" Space Yacht Capcom... water and ice if you can get it out here... over"
" Capcom Space Yacht... roger that Monkey on his way to you now... Out"
.... just taking out the to for time saving.... we do it all the time

.... also remember you never say "repeat" when you can't understand somebody you say " say again" instead.... repeat means you want them to do another volley of fire on the same location you just gave them..... humm are we gonna use Phonetic Alphabet and Phonetic Numbers.....

Come to think of it... i think the Spaceport/Airport Flight Controller is called Capcom but there radio is way more powerful then the CB... even though it looks just like one.... Doubt we will get any cross chatter.... mega cool.... Can't wait to see this thing.... :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Anubislg » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:00 pm

LOL, thanks very much for the greet, Funky Monkey!!

And thanks for the tips on reading the threads/link to thread!
The thing I'm most worried about right now is the wind & my tents stability in it...so a lot more reading is defiantly in order...

But count me in. :D
Empire of Pockets
Anubislg

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:07 pm

yeah wind trashed my tent last year but this years tent will be golden.... i bought the same one my girlfriend has it is from REI we set that thing up at our DECOM everybody around us had the big tents.... huge storm came in.... we did not even guy it down and it did not move... solid as a rock no bent or broken poles.... no rips nothing.... from now on what ever i buy for BM i am taking to our playa simulator out in Borrego Springs....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Anubislg » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:23 pm

Oooo, REI eh?

You wouldn't happen to have the link/model for the tent would you?
I've had this horrible sinking feeling that the tent I have now is just a giant kite, it's way to big/unstable for my liking. :P
Empire of Pockets
Anubislg

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:46 pm

It prity easy to find... if anything will post a link tommrow... it is the REI 2 Man Half Dome Tent....one of the best selling tents they make....and it prity cheap think it was only $167.00... think they got a nice 3 and 4 man just like it on sale now for about 175 and 180... check the sight REI is the store for anything outdoor.... trust me lol ya go on looking for a tent and end up buying like 15 things.... speaking of which ** makes notes on shopping list***
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Anubislg » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:14 am

Heh, I know!~
I've all ready encountered that whole "Buy 15 things." Thankfully....I have support though....my friend's usually pretty good at stopping me from buying other things.....usually. I'll see if I can scope out the tent on REI's site today, thanks for all the help. :)
Empire of Pockets
Anubislg

Postby seeka » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Hey Funky kid Joe, I'm glad to see you've got things back in order and you're in good spirits, got you're ticket!!!!
Plowman, I'm sorry hear you've been so over worked. We'll all be home together soon though. I'm smiling ear to ear thinking about seeing you all :D
)'(
seeka

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:35 pm

YAH!!!! jess how ya bin?.. hows danny boy? have not heard from you in a while.... yeah the crazy monkey finally managed to count the pennies and get a ticket.... so i will be there now all i need is a ride :( sniffle sniffle ****wishing I still had my bus***
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby plowman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:57 pm

I don't mind the work, I still enjoy the hell out of my job.
The overtime helps on Burning Man money so it's all good.
I just wish I had more time to get on this computer and see
whats up with all of you. It takes me forever to post up because
I still can't type and I don't know my way around a computer.

Anyway, Last year was the best year I've ever had at Burning Man
but by the looks of things so far on this thread,This year looks even better
Sorry I haven't been on line as much as I should, but Motsky and Funky
have been doing a Fantastic job of welcoming all of you new Staggers
I will be there to help anyone with anything again this year.
It's not work if your having fun.

Buy The Whey, If you see Mr. Boyer, let me know. K!
plowman

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:31 pm

just found that cool new feature on here that lets you add what your lissing to onto the post as a link or somthing way cool.... don't worry plowman i will teach you to type if you like when we all get to the playa.... yeah trying to make everybody feel at home you know me.... always looking for fresh meat ** cough cough clears throat**** i mean new people to welcome to the camp speeking of welcoming any word if the greeters shift is GO or No Go cause i am still way up for it and spanking some virgin ass!

----------------
Now playing: Pogo - Alice
via FoxyTunes
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Anubislg » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Spanking some Virgin Ass....ok...new thing to add to my list of gear to bring:
Metal Undergarments. :P :O
Empire of Pockets
Anubislg

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:13 pm

the spankings are optional.... so you can opt out if you like.... and usually they only given if asked for at the gate.... humm wonder how many people are going to ask for spankings at the gate.... hummm... i will give the option.... wonder what else i should bring to the gate with me.... sits and thinks.... FIRE TOYS :)
Funky Monkey Mech

see what I mean mots...

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:41 pm

Lmao see mots you kill tribe I kill the eplaya thread all the time lmao.... then again long weekend and more people using tribe could be why less post here..... lol
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:40 am

I think you left out a couple of LOLs.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:03 pm

yeah i did hold on let me ad them in this one
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL *** catches breath***

There that should do....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby plowman » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Calm down Funky!
Remember last year? You were tender and tasty,finger liken good,
And even Tits on a Ritz.Gooood cracker!!!!
It's too bad, what all we do to get to the virgins first,but.
One good look at the "MAN" and he pops their cherry.
I think thats another reason we love to watch him burn.
BURN THE MAN!!!!!

OH! Buy The Whey,
Did you hear that Paul Addis got 4 years for arson?

If you see Mr. Boyer,
Let me know.K
plowman

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:02 am

Very true.... *** puts away spanking paddle*** Who wants HUGS instead!!! Yeah i heard that but.... i did not hear if the 4 years was for burning the man or for trying to set a church on fire in San Fransisco.....
Funky Monkey Mech

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps