Stag Camp

Postby BMnubNZ » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:02 pm

thanks clark, got lots of tips from the Q and A thread, i feel a little more prepared for burning man now, and also great news, i've sorted out my travel dates and will definatly make it to the burn!!!

Since i'll have extra room in my car does the camp need anything?
BMnubNZ

Postby BMnubNZ » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:13 pm

okay tryed to add this to my previous post but couldnt, just wondered if any of yall have tried kava... I am part fijian so supposedly its in my blood, i could try doing a kava drinking cermony for the camp (just please dont yell at me if i dont get the exact wordings and ceremonial gestures correct)... My sister has a supplier of the stuff here in sacramento so it wont be too hard for me to get ahold of a ton of it, and i've heard the best part about it is, unlike alcohol and drugs it doesnt actually alter your senses, rather it alters the interaction between your brain and your body so you get the euphoria yet know exactly what you're doing...
BMnubNZ

Postby cunfuzelled » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:42 pm

my name is fuze. i was wondering if it is to late to join stagg camp. my camp seems to be disgrouping and becoming very disorderly. i have never been to burning man before but i have been going rock climbing in the desert for most of my life and know lots about self reliance. i have a 25 foot parachute tent i would be able to bring to camp along with lighting for the tent, 2-3 hookahs much tobacco for them (i live by hookah). i work at starbucks and will have between 10 and 15 lbs of coffee by then i could donate to the camp. i am working on getting an espresso machine up and working to bring if wanted. most of which is limited availibily coffee (very tasty indead). i have a 10x10 or 10x20 if needed evaporation pool, speakers which could be used for the dj setup (if its going to be there this year) along with a very highquality amp. i have read all 11 pages of stag camp from last year. i live in santa rosa ca, i dont have a car but i can get a ride to the bay area or to sacramento to meet up with someone if they can give me a ride. i will put in for gas and bring my own food. from what i have seen of your camp it looks like just a bunch of people who are verymuch like myself having a great time.

any help would be greatly apriciated
fuze
cunfuzelled

Postby Free2B » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi everyone... I just posted an introduction on tribe.net, stag camp 2.0. I may or may not be there this year, but since I've read all your threads, I figured I might as well say hi now. And I'm really glad you kept the ePlaya thread alive, cause I have no idea what made me click on this post in theme camps other then the weird name & that it was up top. I had no idea what stag meant. From what I read, I couldn't compile a better camp myself, so I guess I was pretty lucky with that click :)
Free2B

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:00 pm

Welcome Virgins!!
By way of what to bring..Bring what you need to be radically self reliant and then if you have room and the inclination bring a contribution or gift to camp. Electronics are very sensitive to the alkali dust at burning man so only bring electronics that you can protect from dust (it gets everywhere) or that you don't mind seriously reducing the useful life of said electronic item.
Bringing an evaporation pond would be a good contribution to camp but they can be time consuming to monitor and a tremendous amount of educating has to be done to get people to use it correctly. Invariably someone is going to abuse it and then the person who constructed it usually deals with the aftermath. In all reality is is easiest to just put grey water back in a container and haul it out. I bring and operate an evaporator because I like to set things up and tinker with them. I do bring barrels to cart out water if my evaporator doesn't work properly. Last year I ended up hauling about 30 gallons of grey water home.
Study the survival guide obsessively and the various tips threads on eplaya that relate directly to what you want to do on the playa.
See ya on the Playa!
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Noob from FL, via LA

Postby ScrogFather » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:33 am

Hello everyone,
Last month I heard about Burning Man. This month I heard BM calling my name. I think in a few months I shall see BM.
If it wants me, I think I found my BM home. The 2008 Stag thread caught my eye, the more I read, the more I felt it. I want to go to BM, but I do not think my girlfried is ready, or will be. My girlfriend has "Big wave off Kanagawa" on her Cell Phone, like Fat Sam's avartar. Once I went to the 2007 thread I knew Stag was for me. If she come or not, I will have something to offer. I do have one question, "Who likes Bacon?"
I am Scrog, my name is Bryan, I am a nurse from Florida, livin in LA. Can I join your camp?
What makes you think we can fuck just because you put your tongue in my mouth and you twisted my titties Baby? "Live for the DASH!"
ScrogFather

Postby plowman » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Welcome ScrogFather and Free2B,
I hope you both make it to the playa this year.
I usually start my mornings with a walk to the
coffee camp (was just a block away last year).
Then back to camp for BACON and BISQUITS.
Great start to the day, Caffine, Protien, and Carbs.
If you bring bacon,I would like to suggest that you, pre cook it about half way (less grease to clean up)
but thats up to you.
I bake bisquits on my BBQ,I think they come out
rather well but come early because I only make
a dozen and 1/2 a day.
I'm going to experiment with cinnamon rolls before the burn
and I'll let you know how they turn out.

plowman

Postby chiefdanfox » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:02 am

Plowman,
Is that a propane BBQ?
chiefdanfox

Postby plowman » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:58 am

Yeah, I have to use it because I can't dig a pit for a campfire.
Biquits placed in a dutch oven and burried in camp coals is
the best though.
plowman

Hello!

Postby Telothrix » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:50 pm

This be Justin from Rhode Island. I am informing you all that I am to return to the burn this year, and would love to get back with you kookie cats. I will contact you on Tribe shortly!

May the force be with you
Mwa ha ha ha ha ha....ahhh!?
Telothrix

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:38 pm

:::: Wakes up from my work coma::: Hua wait what did i miss???? Sorry monkey has bin stuck in the 10th level of work hell but is now hopefully back so... :) Hi to everybody who has signed on with us since i left.... and still trying to get to the burn this year.... fingers crossed.... anybody know why tribe has bin down for like almost a day and a half now???
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:21 pm

I seem to kill tribe when I post. It is back up though.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:31 pm

Lmao wow.... i only kill threads when i post.... lmao how ya bin mots how is the space yacht going?
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby twinwitin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:05 pm

Cheeky monkey- hoping to see you on the playa! :D
twinwitin

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:25 pm

Funky,
I'll be working hard on the space yacht tomorrow. did a little bit this week and got the steering wheel off of ebay. The pedals haven't arrived yet but I'm hoping they get here tomorrow. I wish I had a metal lathe. I need to do some machining.

motskyroonmatick

Irish burner goin stag

Postby Corkboy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:52 am

hi guys Just discovered this site. heading to the burn for the week. was supposed to camp with my mates but their not going til the wed and i'm going for the week. THIS sound like a fantastic camp and i think i would have a fantastic time camping with ye. hope to hear from ye soon.
Corkboy

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:42 am

Corkboy,
Welcome! Bring lots of sunscreen!! Check out the tribe site for the latest chit chat. You are going to love being there for the whole week. The atmosphere of the first three days is amazing. Not to say that the rest of the week is not amazing too because it is.
http://tribes.tribe.net/stagcamp2point0
See ya an the playa!

motskyroonmatick

Postby chiefdanfox » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:31 pm

Tribe really sucks. I have a zippy-evil comcast portal, and Tribe is down more than it is up. In this modern age, suffering through Tribe's incompetence is insufferable.
chiefdanfox

Postby Corkboy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:33 am

hi just tried logging on to tribe to no use. I'l sure try again but for the present as im going to be coming from Dublin Ireland via San Fran on the 14th does anyone want to share rentinga van or whatever?
Corkboy

Postby motskyroonmatick » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:09 pm

We've all got ePlaya for those times when tribe is on the fritz. I like using tribe because of the head count and separate topic capability. Any way I have fun hanging out on both. I'm some what addicted to them I think!

motskyroonmatick

new to you... but better than a used car

Postby jasonburnswell » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:35 pm

hey, i just got on board with you guys like 2 days ago. so i want to say hello and hi. looks like there's a solid 10- 12 people that actively post to here and tribe. looking forward to hearing all about what your plans are and hopfully adding my 2 cents to it all.
just can't really express how friggin jazzed i'm getting about heading back home after missing the last 2 years!
looking to get as involved as i can from here in NH. so please feel free to message me on tribe.
thanks a ton!
jason
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:15 pm

***starts drooling*** yummy all this fresh meat hee hee hee the crazy vampire monkey will come to life HA HA HA HA!!!! AH Hemmm **cough cough clears throat** i mean welcome to all stag camp new comers..... funky monkey is still alive... hey twin twin or mots i got a question? any chance either one of you would mind give a ride to a crazy rabid vampire monkey.... after the burn i will be heading to Canada to see my g/f and figure that OR is closer then So-Cal.... this is all if i can still make it doing lots of planning and right now they are kicking around the dreaded stop loss words again.... so it coming down to the wire... I miss you all and sorry i have not bin more active they are sending bunch of us up to Nor-Cal to help with the fires so bin mega mega mega busy at work....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby twinwitin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Cheeky-I will confer with sister and l will get back to you on "getting a ride"! ha ha
Please be careful out there, we are getting the smoke clear up here in Oregon. If I hadn't learned about the cal. fires I would have thought cottage grove was burning! It's Smoky!
twinwitin

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:33 pm

I found out i am not going north but 4 of our aircraft and the maintenance crews are... the fires are actually really bad from what we have bin told badder then some think so.... guess we will find out when our crew gets up there...yeah i understand about asking sister.... lol it is nuts my first big adventure in a while :) sorta exciting really....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby lonestoner916 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:37 pm

Funky Monkey Mech wrote:I found out i am not going north but 4 of our aircraft and the maintenance crews are... the fires are actually really bad from what we have bin told badder then some think so.... guess we will find out when our crew gets up there...yeah i understand about asking sister.... lol it is nuts my first big adventure in a while :) sorta exciting really....

Fuck yes the fires are bad, today was the first day we haven't been smoked out in almost a week, at one time we were completely surrounded by fire. We as in the greater Sacramento area, not me personally. :) The smoke gets in your house and stays there, it turned the pool brown. Have fun Joe!
lonestoner916

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Yeah i remember last year when we had the fires down here it snowed ash for days... the other half of base was burning right across the runway we could see it and they still would not evacuate us we had to stay because they needed the helicopters to fly out to remote areas to drop water... lot of us wore respirators and dust masks all day..... and just watched the fire roll across the other half of base.... i wanted to go north to help out so bad but they said i can't go yet because they might still need me back here...if they send more aircraft they might send me up as well....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Ground level visability was down to about 10 miles up her on my drive home from work. That is allot of smoke and I am roughly 270 miles from the cali border. I just hope no one gets hurt and that as much air support is brought in as possible.

motskyroonmatick

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:31 pm

well our squadren is sending 4 aircraft the one next to us is sending i believe 4 and the one next to them is sending 2 or 4.... so should be 8 total just from the heavy helecoptors.... that is not counting what every they send from the huey and phrog communities.... plus what ever black hawks they send from the navy..... i hear they might actually send the super tanker up there.... it is a Boeing 747 cargo conversion loaded and fitted to act as a super tanker... they are also thinking about sending the Dc-10 tanker as well as what ever else they can spare..... sounds like all the stops are being pulled out....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Oldguy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:45 pm

Many moons ago, I was invited to be a Stagger. I may join you this year. Have you guys got placement yet? I'm bringing an extra tent so I may be able to house a couple people. I got a box on my small trailer and i'm bringing extra stuff; a 1 KW generator, quadricycle, stoves , 5 gal. bag shower, massage table, etc...

First blue sky at my house in a week. I haven't seen strike teams moving thru in a while. Relatives on Lumpkin Road up on the ridge are fine. :)

I'm busy this year; 3 shifts at Center Camp, 3 shifts at Berlin Ice Camp, 3 shifts at Lamplighters, 3 shifts at airport. Maybe I'll be getting some Ranger Training also, but I'm an ex-con...maybe not. I also applied to help set up center Camp with Decor/Lighting but haven't heard back yet. Probably too late. :roll:

My mom got two units of blood on friday. The week before she got an iron IV. The week before that she got one unit of blood. The clinics haven't locked down the cause of her anemia yet. Brain CT ruled out bleed there. Colonoscope showed some old blood but no polyps or tumors. Biopsys of colon and hip marrow were done. We see the docs next week. :roll:
Oldguy

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:20 pm

Good luck with your mom dude... i remember when my mom had cancer :( she survived thankfully but it was scary..... i wish i heard back from the airport they contacted me once and then never heard from them again.... so kinda upset about that because i really wanted to work there this year....
Funky Monkey Mech

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps