Stag Camp

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:35 am

so ah Hey? Does anyone have a MAC auto cad program just lying around? Er. It would be nice if it was a legit program and not a copy.....I want to play around with some ideas I am having for camp layout and a piece of cardboard and a bunch of scraps of paper isn't so appealing right now. Just thought I'd ask.
Hope you all are well. I saw Ghostland Observatory tonight in one of my favorite venues in PDX. They are amazing. It was so great to hear some new and different guitar infused banging beats electronic rock. Awesome!!

Ha! Page 11 (edit)
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby ¡Niers! » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Hey Mots!
I have Mac cad!
I'd have to send it to you on a disk but if you want it, let me know.
It would be a copy though.
Mac rocks!

ok
¡Niers!

Postby JesseJames » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:52 pm

hey fmm, glad to hear everything went okay.

Sorry i haven't been around much, my nephew got some serious internal bleeding and was/is hospitalized, so I've been there pretty much every day for awhile. I'm back though, he's doing better and so I'm getting back to work. I'm teaching myself how to sew, so I can make myself some costume/clothes for BM!@! Anyway, my ticket arrived in the mail so I will be there FOR SURE! Hope you all are well.
Live, love, and laugh<3
JesseJames

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:44 am

¡Niers!,
I'm hesitant to use a copy because especially with mac I like what they put out and would rather buy than become a software pirate. It is really better for my psyche if I don't use a copy. I'm not much of a rule breaker. Thanks though! I hope moving went well and that the new place is shaping up nice.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:44 pm

Hey all just letting you know i am back.....

Jesse James sorry to hear about your nephew... hope that everything gets better with him....

Mots I will ask around and see if any of my friends or my uncle has a lajit copy to give you so we can start doing a kick as camp map... if anything could always use a basic program like pain to whip up some simple blueprints....

Other then that i came out of my slump sorta... still a bit out of it but happy cause my girlfriend will be coming down in 2 weeks for Fools Paradise and.... cause i go for my driving test on Tuesday :)... going to apply at other places for loans and i think i am starting to sway my dad to co signing for me to get an auto loan so... who knows maybe the stars and planets will align in my favor and he will say sure and i can get some sort of vehicle. anyway.... have to get to bed it is only 10:44 but i am tired as hell even though i have bin sleeping a lot latley... probley just cause my work scedual last week sucked... hope your all well
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby DreamcatchersAreCool » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:02 pm

Hello Staggers I have read all your post on ePlaya and going to get started on tribes today. While I don't know if I will be camping with you (That is if you will have me) as I just found out 3 of my best friends will be going to BM also. I would at least be able to camp close to you guys as all 4 of us are Virgins and I would like to be able to tap in to you vast knowledge and coolness. I might go alone just so I will not have a tie down to what I already know and make me find what I don't.

Even if I don't camp with you guys I will be sure to come visit you guys through out the week. I'll see you on the Playa one way or another.
Be the person you want to be not the person you think other people want to be.

Cause they want you to be yourself.
DreamcatchersAreCool

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:19 pm

Of corse you are welcome all are welcome.... :) just make sure you read the survival guide as well as the posts and you will be set.... *** starts drooling more fresh meat yummy*** aheem i mean ahhh yeah welcome to stag camp and burning man :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby DreamcatchersAreCool » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:25 pm

FMM I have read the Survival Guide and printed it off much of it so I can read it even when I don't have internet access. While I may be a virgin of Burning Man I am no new to self reliance as I am an avid outdoors man I have canoed the Canadian border water for a week by myself for a week also the Buffalo River and many miles under my hiking boots. This will be my first time in a desert environment and will be looking forward to the challenges of both the elements and Burning Man itself have to throw at me.

DreamcatchersAreCool

Postby DreamcatchersAreCool » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:18 pm

Well it seem that it won't be just me and just my 4 friends I seem to have been shanghaied in to another camp by just saying I am going to BM this year to 1 person so I will most likely not be camping with you guys. I will visit you guys and will be bringing beer or some other form of consumables to your camp early in the week.

DreamcatchersAreCool

Postby seeka » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:22 am

bring beer if you like, but we'll have a bottle of jager' waiting for you :D
)'(
seeka

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:05 pm

YAH Jessica is back... how you bin... lol i know danny is going to be making his appearance again as jager monster... lol

hey are you guys going to be driving out or flying again? Danny said something about buying plane tickets last time i talked to him... but i could have swarn you guys were driving out so you could bring more stuff?
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby plowman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:55 pm

DreamcatchersAreCool;
You could always talk to your campmates and see if they would like to join us, If not, tell us where you will be so we can get together.
It's alot of fun to wander aimlessly around the playa but it's also fun to try and find someone ( there are no real specifics on directions)
plowman

Postby DreamcatchersAreCool » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Plowman I have only talked to one of my camp mates at this moment and know only about half but we should be getting together here soon to talk shop and what we will be doing I will be sure to throw that idea their way. I should have a good amount of sway with them as it seems that I have been put in charge of getting everything organized for the camp (Don't ask me how this happened).

DreamcatchersAreCool

Postby seeka » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:36 am

hey joe,all is well. danny and i are flying out again. this time around we're bringing a third and flyin' in on the 23rd to get things together in reno. danny just booked us a couple of rooms today.......it's so close i can taste it!
how's your transpo' situation going?
)'(
seeka

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:20 am

Banks suck again... Still can't get a loan and dad decied no on the co sign so... back to square one... i started actually collecting cans and scrap metal from work and i am going to bring it on my bike to the local recycling center to help get a little extra money. At work we got all sorts of scarp... stainless steel, aircraft grade aluminum, aircraft grade titanium, old copper wires that they throwing away... even some old brass fittings that are just getting chucked out... so every day i go to the scrap pile with my huge backpack ( the one i brough to the burn last year) and fill it to the top with scraps and then bring it to my room... hopping to go this weekend with 2 30gal trash bags full of cans and my whole bag filled with metal scraps and such.... might get a couple of bucks out of it..... also trying to find some place near by to get a job that i can ride my bike to.... so looks like if i want a car i will have to work all day for it lol.... i applied at the local mechanics shop and a papa johns and some other places... sucks i am going to work from 4am till about 6pm for the marine corps get out and then have to ride to work and work from 6 till about midnight or later for another place if i want a car before the burn:( well ya know a little hard work never hurt anybody but if all of a sudden get quiet it is cause i am either working my ass of or went insane..... one of the 2 lol
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Crappypants » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:23 pm

Hello staggers,

wow, I am sure everyone is getting excited about the burn now, time is sure flying by. I myself am extremely pumped for it now as I have finally got my round the world flight sorted out. Woohoo I will actually make it now haha. Can’t wait.

thank bloody sucks funky, one idea is everything in your room + ebay = $, haha it is a rough way to go but it has saved me before in the past! :p
....the edge just has a better view.
Crappypants

Postby curiousgnate » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:36 pm

hey guys i posted at the tribe site. cant wait to meet you at home. hope to get to know you before homecoming
curiousgnate

Postby plowman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:52 pm

curiousgnate,
Welcome to Stag Camp!!! Everyone in this camp is totaly Amazing.

FMM,
Try getting into a first time buyer plan. Interest rates will be higher but it will get you started. The only problem I can see is that you are coming to the end of a steady job and noone knows what is next. Not even you.
Some car dealerships will work with you and a finance company. 1/3 down on a used car (cash). Or some will let you in with no down (new car only). But you have to figure out what you can afford and go from there
plowman

Postby mdmf007 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:39 am

Funky Monkey Mech wrote:At work we got all sorts of scarp... stainless steel, aircraft grade aluminum, aircraft grade titanium, old copper wires that they throwing away... even some old brass fittings that are just getting chucked out...

The Ti is worth the most money. 6.22-22.35$ a pound depending on grade. Shavings from the mill and lathe recycle real easy and get a premium. I am surprised they dont already recycle in house most machine shops do as a normal part of business.

good luck
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:28 am

It is the military we are talking about here... instead of recycling it they just sell it off as surplus scrap at auction.... i just cut out the them having to auction it part and take it home... yeah these are pieces not just shavings... chunks maybe about like size of a big post it note or small piece of paper do to just trimmings from when they cut it with auto shears.... this weekend i find out how much i get from all my clippings... found a nice hunk of brass in the bin last night heavy but i hear you get top dollar for it....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:58 am

FUCK ME!!!! MY only mode of transportation ( my bike) Died today.... it was 4 1/2 years old.... The rear Derailer mount Snapped off the frame today... even if I throw a weld on it some how (don't have a welder at all let alone one to weld aluminum) it will still break again because it is high stress point for one... and for two since it is already very fatiged metal the part I weld it to might break at another point or at the same point again... so yet again I can't buy my ticket because I need to take care of another problem.... ever have one of days..... :( then again could always be worse I could have no money or food or clothes or anything so over all I guess I am very lucky for what I do have... minor set backs one day the world will pay me back hopefully
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby mdmf007 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:59 pm

That blows - derailers are easy to find used. There is someone with a bum bike sitting around that can send him one. There are prettty much universal, or can be made to fit very easily - unless you have some funky mount.

I know what you mean - When I get ahead it seems like i get kicked square in the balls and sent backwards.
mdmf007

Postby MozyBonz » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:20 pm

When I get ahead it seems like i get kicked square in the balls and sent backwards.

Get out of my head
MozyBonz

Change in Luck?!?

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:28 pm

Yeah so on closer looking it was a fatal blow to my bike... the mount was not just for the derailer but it also was the spot the axle went through and held the QD so the whole wheel mount and the derailer mount are dead... well at least it is aluminum frame and i can sell it to the recycling place... As much as i loved that bike it is unfix able and if i keep it will just take up space since it is unrideable.... **sigh*** lotta good times on that bike.... but it nice to think that instead of me just leaving it to rot in a landfill it will become all sorts of new cool stuff... maybe part of it will become a piece of my new bike frame who knows.... my friend loaned me a bike till i can save to get a new one or save enough to get a car.... so life is looking up a little bit... can't wait there is an event in San Diego that i am going to and my Girlfriend is coming down from Canada first time seeing her since she moved away :) so hopefully things will take a turn for the better... they are looking up so far from where i was... :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby mdmf007 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:16 am

That sucks.
mdmf007

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:36 pm

Ok enough negative from me... I am sorry for being such a negative nelly latley.... so now for me beaning a pluses... MY GIRLFRIEND IS GETTING HERE IN 2 DAYS YES YES YES.... WAHOO i can't wait hugs and kisses and snuggles and campfires.... So sorry for killing the thread.... but i will be more possative from now on... i was wrong... i bin using e-playa as more of a blog then a thread...*** Starts kicking my own ass*** I will be out of here for a while as to let the energy pick back up and be more welcoming.... sorry for being such an ass latley.... Joe :oops: :oops: :oops: . :oops: :oops: :oops:
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:40 pm

Wohooooooooo! I'm back on ePlaya!!! Thank you Emily Sparkle!!!!!!! Oh it is so good to be back! I'm BAAAAAK! :P :P :P :P Ok what's going on? What's next?

motskyroonmatick

Postby plowman » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Glad to have you back Motsky :D
Just figured out how to use those smileys everone else is using :oops: :oops: Thanks FMM :wink: Leave it to ePlaya to get me to learn how to use one of these computers :lol: :lol:. Now all I have to do is figure out how to put in an avatar :?
plowman

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:10 pm

Baby Steps plowman baby steps.... lol will call you some time tonight if i am not to busy and show you how to if you want :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Timezone LaFontaine » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:11 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:Does anyone have a MAC auto cad program just lying around? Er. It would be nice if it was a legit program and not a copy.....[/size]

Hi Motsky, not sure if you still need something, but have you checked out SketchUp? It's a free 3D modelling app. It might be able to do what you're looking for. http://sketchup.google.com/
Timezone LaFontaine

Burning Since: 2006

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps